Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack The Flipper

Would you take Murty as assistant to Pedro?

Murty for assistant?  

132 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you be happy or not?

    • Yes
      59
    • No
      36
    • He should be part of the first team coaching, but not assistant.
      36


Recommended Posts

I'm personally hugely impressed with his mentality, his honesty, professionalism, and what he's done under very difficult circumstances - I'd rather have him than folk like Barry Ferguson etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted no because I think he was doing a good job with the u20s. 

I actually think our u20s manager could be a more important job than our 1st team assistant manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted no but its not because I don't think he is good enough, I just think he is exactly what we need for the U20s. He obviously cares about his players and his team, and I think he is an asset to our club.

He done more in the last 3 games than Warburton done in more than 30 this year. A result against the scum and scored more than 2 goals in a game.

Even though I voted no I wouldn't be complaining if he did get it but I'd prefer him to work with the youngsters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cameron1873 said:

I voted no because I think he was doing a good job with the u20s. 

I actually think our u20s manager could be a more important job than our 1st team assistant manager

That's a good point actually, but I guess difficult to judge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said in a previous thread....he deserves the role to then end of the season max, the squad is full of under achievers but he has honestly got a reaction out them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has seen the job from both angles now and will have a better idea who are ready to make the step up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

I voted no but its not because I don't think he is good enough, I just think he is exactly what we need for the U20s. He obviously cares about his players and his team, and I think he is an asset to our club.

He done more in the last 3 games than Warburton done in more than 30 this year. A result against the scum and scored more than 2 goals in a game.

Even though I voted no I wouldn't be complaining if he did get it but I'd prefer him to work with the youngsters

Thing is though, he now might have a taste for it, and decide he should leave us to become assistant elsewhere.

So it might be: commend him and promote him to keep him as an asset or keep him in the u20s and he might not be here for very long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voted no as think the step up will give him valuable experience for the younger lads and also identify who can step up to the 1st team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lloyd72

Voted yes as the manager apparently wants someone who gets the club and knows the scottish game, Murty fits the criteria and has proven himself to be a good coach during his time as interim manager imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Thing is though, he now might have a taste for it, and decide he should leave us to become assistant elsewhere.

So it might be: commend him and promote him to keep him as an asset or keep him in the u20s and he might not be here for very long.

I think he has his feet firmly on the ground mate, I would hope he stays. I certainly wouldn't complain if he did get the job. The players seem to like him and the last 3 games have certainly shown that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Leave him with the under 20s. He would have gained experience over the past month and hopefully he can pass that on to the u20s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

depends who the alternatives are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No- He has done fantastically well just lately- and is deservedly riding high- however we would be doing him no favours. We have a habit of raising people far to high far to quickly. A few failures and we quickly turn them from hero to zero and then worse. Murty should go back to the Under 20's with much gratitude and respect and settle for a while. He has clearly shown that he has the potential to go far in Management but he needs time to consolidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I'm ok with it. Hes been the manager of Rangers so anything else is pants

The high of today will likely never be matched in his career and will want more of the buzz so may be off for a mangers job in the lower leagues maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not voted because although I would not be against it we have no say in what will happen, and will have to hope Pedro picks the best person and who he feels he can work with. If that is Murty I will not have a problem with that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we not just give the new guy 5 mins in the door before we try to force Murty, Miller, Ferguson or whoever on him as his number 2.

And maybe even go for the crazy option of letting him make his own decisions... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can we not just give the new guy 5 mins in the door before we try to force Murty, Miller, Ferguson or whoever on him as his number 2.

And maybe even go for the crazy option of letting him make his own decisions... 

 

Don't bring logic to RM it's already proven to be a failed concept.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.

He's a youth coach so leave him to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was fucked off with Murty the first couple of games. But 4-4-1-1 today showed he got it. 

We looked organised in an away fixture for the first time this season. 

I dunno if Pedro will have him but he done himself a world of good today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×