Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Who is your preferred choice for the job?

McCann-no

Miller-no

Novo-no

Brown-no 

The more I listen to this debate and see the candidates, the more I'd prefer Pedro to learn as he goes with some assistance from Graeme Murty regards continuity.

4 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Its specifically related to his relationship with managers (and yes it is 3 managers despite your latest attempt at a strawman by reducing it to the PLG issue) and as he is being proposed for a role created specifically to help the new manager, I don't see how considering these factors in Ferguson's past is short sighted.

I only reduced it to plg as that was his major controversy.

If he is so disruptive and a negative for managers then why was he in captain under different managers at rangers, Blackburn, Scotland, blackpool etc??

The guy is a leader, passionate and the type of guy I want in my club.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think posters are getting worked up over nothing .

He getting a small role in the new managers set up.

I think that's what people are worried about.

Ferguson is clearly a massive and influential personality, as we've seen first hand several times both positively and negatively over the years so is Ferguson going to be content with only having a small background role at the club?

My question is if Caixnha really needs somebody like that beside him when he also comes across as having that sort of strong alpha type personality too?

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I only reduced it to plg as that was his major controversy.

If he is so disruptive and a negative for managers then why was he in captain under different managers at rangers, Blackburn, Scotland, blackpool etc??

The guy is a leader, passionate and the type of guy I want in my club.

The type of guy that would undermine Walter Smith's authority.

Aye Pedro stands a right good chance against someone who can get away with what is by our standards heracy.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

This was the case against (below).

Please provide a counter based on fact

My opinion stands, the only real choice for me.

Couldnt care about a journalists views are, it's poor to only consider the negatives in a person to rule people out.

The guy could prove to a credit for us but people aren't willing to give him the chance. 

Yet no doubt these people will be first to chant his names when times are good.

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

My opinion stands, the only real choice for me.

Couldnt care about a journalists views are, it's poor to only consider the negatives in a person to rule people out.

The guy could prove to a credit for us but people aren't willing to give him the chance. 

Yet no doubt these people will be first to chant his names when times are good.

Fair enough, you have your opinion.

But obviously have little to nothing to back it up.

12 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

The type of guy that would undermine Walter Smith's authority.

Aye Pedro stands a right good chance against someone who can get away with what is by our standards heracy.

At that time Barry was integral to the team and worth multi millions. If he undermines Pedro he gets let go with minimum fuss or financial repercussions.  the scenarios are not comparable 

4 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

At that time Barry was integral to the team and worth multi millions. If he undermines Pedro he gets let go with minimum fuss or financial repercussions.  the scenarios are not comparable 

It'd most probably begin via his mhedia buddies.

24 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Living in Elgin, I occasionally pop along to games.  Watched his Clyde team a couple of times last season and once this.  What was noticeable about the way his team was set out and the way they play is this...the game plan appeared to be "let's be physical and bully teams" which surprised me.  Now, it may be that's how he decided is best to play in the 4th tier but it wasn't exactly pretty, but it almost paid off for them being beaten by the odd goal in the play-off final.

Relating that to potential assistant at Ibrox?  Well, watching his team and watching him from the sideline, he certainly retains a desire to win. so as long as that's the prime driver for his appointment, aligned with his Rangers credentials and his knowledge of the Scottish game, then he could be useful in the role.  But I can't help thinking that once he had his foot in the door he'd be undermining the gaffer and looking for the opportunity for himself.  For that reason, I'm out.

Good post a reasoned argument with actual attendance at a game he's managed in.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

Good post a reasoned argument with actual attendance at a game he's managed in.

I don't know, Buster listed many reasons why he should not be near the job. But you choose to endorse someone who attended a Clyde match!  :lol:

5 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

I don't know, Buster listed many reasons why he should not be near the job. But you choose to endorse someone who attended a Clyde match!  :lol:

Endorse someone who actually seen him coach is that a daft choice over someone getting quotes and info from various websites.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Wrap it up anyway you like, Barry Ferguson at Clyde, with one of the bigger budgets in the 4th tier, against other part-time bosses with similar restrictions, FAILED in his remit to get them promoted and left them in 8th place out of 10.

ie. he hasn't proved himself as yet, has just instilled more doubts wrt his ability in a dug-out / training pitch and if Rangers weren't knocking on his door wouldn't have had any offers from other teams at a reasonable to decent level.

Weir was a similar disaster at Sheffield United yet we still hired him as a managerial assistant.  Being a 'Rangers Man' is credential enough it seems.

I would also argue that an encyclopaedic knowledge of Scottish football means nothing if you can't coach.  You must be able to understand the information and how to use it your own benefit.