Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

1 hour ago, DeanMK said:

The FA Cup with a team like Birmingham is a massive accomplishment. No doubt about it. But that comment about it being bigger than reaching the UEFA Cup Final is laughable.

It wasn't the FA cup though.

It was the Carling cup aka League cup.

2 hours ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

His statements were taken out of context. Rangers are expected to win trophies. Birmingham City are not. He also said the UEFA Cup would have been his choice but at the end of the day it is about winning things and we fell short at the final hurdle. I believe he has also commented on this since he said it.

Its not something I would have said as it causes headlines like these, but he is referring to size of footballing achievement. He is effectively comparing size of club to size of competition won.

It's almost as if their is a seperate industrial entity that follows Barry around,..

..in 'excuse-making'.

It's never his fault,.... even when he's quoted as saying something, apparently he didn't mean it. 

2 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

"I've thought about it long and hard and I'd have to say this is my biggest achievement in the game. A few of my mates have asked me the question and I think this is the tops.

"I've played in finals and won medals north of the border and if I'm honest, it's probably a bigger achievement than reaching the UEFA Cup Final too."

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/winning-carling-cup-at-wembley-beats-1096337

It certainly doesn't look out of context tbf

Rangers are a team used to winning trophies, Birmingham aren't. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, jackrfc95 said:

Rangers are a team used to winning trophies, Birmingham aren't. 

Shite argument, A boyhood Rangers fan saying that Winning a tinpot cup with a shite club is a better accomplishment for him than Winning a treble or getting to a Uefa cup final at a club like ours is just dumb as fuck.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Shite argument, A boyhood Rangers fan saying that Winning a tinpot cup with a shite club is a better accomplishment for him than Winning a treble or getting to a Uefa cup final at a club like ours is just dumb as fuck.

Honestly wouldn't mind Brian Laudrup having trouble deciding between Euro '92 and 9 in a row but for a so called Rangers man to say anything winning a diddy cup with a diddy team is better than a treble or Uefa final with us is totally mental and any cunt defending it needs chased.

7 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

He knows it's a shite argument but for some Barry could come out of their bedroom after shagging their Mrs and they'd ask him if he wanted a cup of tea.

I've been thinking about this and I think Ally McCoist would be a good choice, Goal scoring legend, Good coach under SWS, Hadn't completed his manager training when he got thrown into the management role, took us through admin, took us up two divisions. TinfoilHat.gif

2 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

"I've thought about it long and hard and I'd have to say this is my biggest achievement in the game. A few of my mates have asked me the question and I think this is the tops.

"I've played in finals and won medals north of the border and if I'm honest, it's probably a bigger achievement than reaching the UEFA Cup Final too."

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/winning-carling-cup-at-wembley-beats-1096337

It certainly doesn't look out of context

Possibly not out of context just mistranslated from 'mumble, mutter to English'. :whistle:

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Must have missed the bit where he was our manager on the UEFA cup run 

Don't understand what you mean, he played every game but one on our UEFA cup run. Is that not enough or does it only count as an achievement for managers?

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I've been thinking about this and I think Ally McCoist would be a good choice, Goal scoring legend, Good coach under SWS, Hadn't completed his manager training when he got thrown into the management role, took us through admin, took us up two divisions. TinfoilHat.gif

ffs no

16 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Fuck up.

1 hour ago, insider said:

I have thought long about my opinion regarding this potential employment.

I would go for Alex Rae..

Could understand if Barry was chosen.

None of the others mentioned would give me much confidence.

I expect that Alex Rae would be a better local assistant than BF.

Everytime I think of BF, those V signs during his Scotland debacle come to mind - no matter how long ago it was.

21 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

No offence, but if Ally migrated to the opposite side of the world to G51, it wouldn't be far enough. 

4 hours ago, harlands plater said:

What's Alex Miller doing these days?

Last seen slamming a twenty five yarder into the tims net at Parkhead to give us victory, can anyone post that goal Willie Johnston throw in to AM who lashed it home.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

You said the same when I said Bomber Brown would be good. He's now on the list.

Being on the list doesn't mean they're a good candidate, Nacho Novo is on the list ffs

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Last seen slamming a twenty five yarder into the tims net at Parkhead to give us victory, can anyone post that goal Willie Johnston throw in to AM who lashed it home.

6 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Nice one, my 25 yarder was a wee bit out though but a nice assist from Davie Provan, I ended up miles away from where I was standing after the goal celebration.

How simple was that little move?