Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Knowing the names already interviewed and in the hat - he is looking at a coach and not so much a "tour guide/advisor " then?

I'd say that it's unclear what this new job title is. I took it has "tour guide/adviser " role, has Pedro already has his own coaching team.

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Knowing the names already interviewed and in the hat - he is looking at a coach and not so much a "tour guide/advisor " then?

Every report i've read on the post has said coach, i don't know why fans were downplaying the roles significance. Perhaps because they wanted one of their favourites who isn't qualified enough to get the post! Coach, for me, immediately rules out Ferguson, Rae, Lovenkrands, Novo etc etc. All sentimentally stupid suggestions. 

“We are also looking to have someone, because this is going to be my third experience of working abroad, and I always look to have one local assistant in order to provide a bridge between the culture, the history and the traditions.

“They help with everything; what it means living in Glasgow, what it means to live in Scotland, how to behave with the opponent’s managers, how do they like to play or how do they not like to play, all the competitions in which you are involved and the players you are going to start working with.

“So I like to have someone for all those situations that you need someone to bridge the gap but also to tell me about the good ideas which existed before.

“But also I need to educate and coach him about the way we want to put things into practise.

On 26/03/2017 at 8:58 AM, Tenerife Bear said:

Every report i've read on the post has said coach, i don't know why fans were downplaying the roles significance. Perhaps because they wanted one of their favourites who isn't qualified enough to get the post! Coach, for me, immediately rules out Ferguson, Rae, Lovenkrands, Novo etc etc. All sentimentally stupid suggestions. 

It's not downplaying the roles significance, knowledge is valuable.  Pedro said in his interview that he wants a local club assistant, then went on to say he must have knowledge of the clubs history,culture, what it's like living in Glasgow etc. so that is where the "tour guide/adviser " role has come from he did not mention he wanted a coach.

32 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Pedro said in his interview that he wants a local club assistant, then went on to say he must have knowledge of the clubs history,culture, what it's like living in Glasgow etc. so that is where the "tour guide/adviser " role has come from he did not mention he wanted a coach.

A tour guide? :lol::lol:

You're no well man.

2 hours ago, MasterD said:

“We are also looking to have someone, because this is going to be my third experience of working abroad, and I always look to have one local assistant in order to provide a bridge between the culture, the history and the traditions.

“They help with everything; what it means living in Glasgow, what it means to live in Scotland, how to behave with the opponent’s managers, how do they like to play or how do they not like to play, all the competitions in which you are involved and the players you are going to start working with.

“So I like to have someone for all those situations that you need someone to bridge the gap but also to tell me about the good ideas which existed before.

“But also I need to educate and coach him about the way we want to put things into practise.

That interview pretty much suggests that the extent of the coaching the number 3 will do is lay out the bibs and get the balls. 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Johansson and Thomson are names that would interest me. Much rather them than McCoist, Rae, Brown, Ferguson. 

Where is McCoist being mentioned for the job? It's never going to happen, not even I've put that forward as a fishing expedition :lol:

Wilkins was mentioned above and I saw him talking about it last week and thought then he'd be a good choice. 

I can see Rae getting as he does have a good few years experience in coaching and managing plus he ticks the local knowledge boxes

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Where is McCoist being mentioned for the job? It's never going to happen, not even I've put that forward as a fishing expedition :lol:

Wilkins was mentioned above and I saw him talking about it last week and thought then he'd be a good choice. 

I can see Rae getting as he does have a good few years experience in coaching and managing plus he ticks the local knowledge boxes

It's been mentioned in this thread. 

On 26/03/2017 at 0:11 AM, William McBeath said:

Still can't see past Miller myself.

We could do with saving the extra wage to put towards players. It's a role that will involve knowing Scottish football and I take it helping with coaching. Millers already been helping Murty, is already well placed among the players, is enthusiastic, the sort who will encourage the players but is straight forward and nobodies fool. Ultimate professional who won't undermine pedro in anyway but will take his lead from him and be committed like fuck. That's what's the role needs. He's a sharp wee cunt who's played all over and will learn Pedro's methods quickly. I think he'd relish the chance of a player-assistant role or even if he just ends up as an optional cover as a player as we need another striker anyway.

I'll be disappointed if the board don't see him as a strong candidate.

This.      Kenny's got all the credentials the manager needs and is custom made for this role. He also has so much more to offer if and when required. They really need look no further.

22 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He isn't looking for a tour guide he is looking for an assistant coach. Where do you get shit like this from?  How can anyone watch Pedro's interviews and conclude we are looking for a tour guide when he never mentions the phrase? 

English is Pedro's second language  but some on here are coming across as if it's  their third. We are looking for somenone to coach, not wear a red fucking blazer and point out to the management  team where the Blue Room and marble staircase are. 

“They help with everything; what it means living in Glasgow, what it means to live in Scotland, how to behave with the opponent’s managers, how do they like to play or how do they not like to play, all the competitions in which you are involved and the players you are going to start working with.

“So I like to have someone for all those situations that you need someone to bridge the gap but also to tell me about the good ideas which existed before.“But also I need to educate and coach him about the way we want to put things into practise.