Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I agree he's not the answer but for different reasons.

John-Brown.jpg

"Pedro, yur tactics are fuckin shite by the way"

the role needs a guy who is bringing something to the team, hope they actually get someone who has done their badges and is innovative and hopefully has worked in a youth set up somewhere. 

This statement should (rightly) rule Ferguson out:

"It was an interesting meeting because he's a foreign coach with his own ideas about the way he wants to play," he said.

"The meeting went fine, but I know there's about another four or five guys been in since, so I have not heard anything since last Wednesday."

Why is being "foreign" his defining characteristic as a coach? Alarm bells for Pedro.

7 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

This statement should (rightly) rule Ferguson out:

"It was an interesting meeting because he's a foreign coach with his own ideas about the way he wants to play," he said.

"The meeting went fine, but I know there's about another four or five guys been in since, so I have not heard anything since last Wednesday."

Why is being "foreign" his defining characteristic as a coach? Alarm bells for Pedro.

Thicker than a whale omelette, is our Barry :craphead:

On 28/03/2017 at 10:39 AM, Sweetheart said:

No mention of a coach role either, I said initially that the job description sounds like a tour guide type of role, Pedro is in a different country and he wants to learn about the things mentioned in that article.  it's not under valuing the role as knowledge is valuable. Whoever takes this on has a big responsibility to ensure Pedro gets the right information. that's my opinion of it.

The new assistant coach also needs to be with us on the training field and have the same philosophy as the rest of the coaching staff.

"He needs to know Scottish football and also needs to know how to relate to the players. That's what I'm looking for."

Seems to me Pedro places a lot of store in the local appointment being able to slot in to a lieutenant role on a level footing along with the lieutenants who arrived with Pedro. He has to earn Pedro's trust and fit in to the Pedro way of working and not the other way round.  That for me rules out the likes of Brown and Ferguson.    I don't see them readily adapting to a role of playing second fiddle and knuckling down to take their lead from - and give sole loyalty to - Pedro.      

The more I hear Pedro speaking about the sort of qualities he is looking for the more it seems to be that Rae is the closest to fitting the bill.    

If I followed his press conference correctly Pedro will make his decision this week but because next week is a busy week he won't announce who is selected until the week after next.    Plenty of time then for the Rangers leak-machine to do what it likes doing best and squirrelling the story out to a favoured newspaper ahead of the announcement.   Would be good if Robertson could do his job and hold discipline on this so that the first we hear about who is selected comes from Pedro himself.   I'm not taking any bets on Robertson being able to exercise enough command to achieve that though.

14 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Kevin Thomson has just said on BT sport that he has had an interview with Pedro

Been in thomos company a good few times thru his academy ,absolute class act , knowledge of the game second 2 none , this would  be an excellent appointment, knows exactly what it takes and means to be a Ranger, all round top guy ????

27 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

This is a far more exciting proposition, I really don't think any of the other names mentioned as having been interviewed inspire me in any way.

Always liked Kevin Thomson , talks well about the game . Nearer the age of our players in fact younger than some. First real step on coaching ladder . You would also think he would be full of fresh ideas and willing to learn. Good shout as far as I am concerned 

53 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

A opening up and  welcome refreshing up on what seemed a predictable and stale choice.  Very difficult choice for the new manager - based on an interview and what is whispered in his ear.

It depends on the remit of this 'person' to be honest. If it's just an advisor then Miller makes most sense. But if he's actually holding formal interviews with people then I imagine it's going to be a bit more hands on than just taking advice off someone. 

KT has good ideas of his own, he's recently started his own football academy. He speaks well and presents himself well, he's someone you'd like to represent the club. Plus he used to love kicking tarriers about the pitch

We're obviously still in the land of the unknown with Caixinha. But something that sticks out right away is he's got a lot more self-belief and self-style than Warburton. I think the board have deliberately set out to appoint someone who will take on Rodgers when it comes to ego. Rodgers is delusional at times though, hopefully Pedro doesn't end up like that obviously. 

11 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

Always liked Kevin Thomson , talks well about the game . Nearer the age of our players in fact younger than some. First real step on coaching ladder . You would also think he would be full of fresh ideas and willing to learn. Good shout as far as I am concerned 

He is not a Rangers Man  he never was and never will be .He is a Hibs man through and through...... just because you played for us doesn't make you a suitable or qualified candidate