Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

2 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

He is not a Rangers Man  he never was and never will be .He is a Hibs man through and through...... just because you played for us doesn't make you a suitable or qualified candidate 

I'd say Thomson has fonder feelings for Rangers than he does Hibs these days. Especially after he was boo'd during most of his second spell at Hibs, because he joined Rangers.

He'd never receive any of that treatment at Ibrox.

A bit like Kenny Miller in the sense that the Hibs fan inside of him has been smoked out.

18 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I'd say Thomson has fonder feelings for Rangers than he does Hibs these days. Especially after he was boo'd during most of his second spell at Hibs, because he joined Rangers.

He'd never receive any of that treatment at Ibrox.

A bit like Kenny Miller in the sense that the Hibs fan inside of him has been smoked out.

Absolute rubbish he is friends with a workmates of mine and he is a massive Hibs fan  

Thomson was fine for us, but when he first came to us Scott Brown his friend at Hibs would have been far the better choice for us.

That first season for Thomson was the one where we were lucky to win two cups and narrowly lost the league  (for which we unfairly blamed the SFA for forcing us to play too many games in a short space of time)  And we struggled to reach the UEFA final, only geting there because most of the opposition failed to score more than us. I believe if we had Brown and he was established in that team against Zenit in that final game of the season he would have run the game and we would have won it easily. Can just picture Brown in holding that European trophy aloft. Wasted opportunity by Walter, one of our more over rated managers.

Ulike many on here I still rate Brown highly and would  consider a cheeky wee bid for him even now as Pedro's local assistant or  as a player as he seems to be going downhill there now, but his experience could do us a turn. 

Anyone else agree Brown could be good for us and a great "Fuck you" message to cellic fans in similar fashion to Mo Johnston ?

How great woud it be to see him in a Gers jersey ?

53 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

He is not a Rangers Man  he never was and never will be .He is a Hibs man through and through...... just because you played for us doesn't make you a suitable or qualified candidate 

You don't have to be a lifelong Rangers fan for the role. You need an ability to coach and relate to the players, an understanding of the club and the Scottish game, and the flexibility to take on board Pedro's methods.

That third point rules out most of the candidates. KT could be an interesting choice.

20 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Thomson was fine for us, but when he first came to us Scott Brown his friend at Hibs would have been far the better choice for us.

That first season for Thomson was the one where we were lucky to win two cups and narrowly lost the league  (for which we unfairly blamed the SFA for forcing us to play too many games in a short space of time)  And we struggled to reach the UEFA final, only geting there because most of the opposition failed to score more than us. I believe if we had Brown and he was established in that team against Zenit in that final game of the season he would have run the game and we would have won it easily. Can just picture Brown in a blue shirt holding that European trophy aloft. Wasted opportunity by Walter, one of our more over rated managers.

Ulike many on here I still rate Brown highly and would  consider a cheeky wee bid for him even now as Pedro's local assistant or  as a player as he seems to be going downhill there now, but his experience could do us a turn.

Anyone else agree Brown could be good for us and a great "Fuck you" message to cellic fans in similar fashion to Mo Johnston ?

April fool.......     

Not a chance. Brown is a thug and it's how he plays the game.

Thomson had a creative edge to him with a bit of bite when required.

KT, Twice the player, Half the price !! ??????

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

That first season for Thomson was the one where we were lucky to win two cups and narrowly lost the league  (for which we unfairly blamed the SFA for forcing us to play too many games in a short space of time)  And we struggled to reach the UEFA final, only geting there because most of the opposition failed to score more than us. I believe if we had Brown and he was established in that team against Zenit in that final game of the season he would have run the game and we would have won it easily. Can just picture Brown in holding that European trophy aloft. Wasted opportunity by Walter, one of our more over rated managers.

:caughtone:

6 hours ago, tannerall said:

Defo :fishing:

If that ned had played for us the press would have destroyed him.

Cos he plays for them he's a hero.

Nice try tho.

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Enjoy your ? fishing

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Not long till the 12 o clock April 1st transfer dead line now. :whistle:

Thomson has just retweeted his snippet from BT Sports last night and also liked a lot of comments in relation to backing him as Pedro's assistant over the past 24 hours or so. Might just be doing so as people are being complimentary to him and there's nothing more in it, or maybe there's been some development. Who knows...........