Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

10 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I think it will be Bomber Brown, Pedro outlines what he wants from a local club assistant and Bomber I would say has knowledge of all.

History

Traditions

Culture

Knowledge of players and other managers

What it's like living in Glasgow, Scotland

Bomber can't even talk mate

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Please tell me your fishing. 

Not at all, Pedro states what qualities he wants for a local club assistant in the club video. The 'local club assistant' job sounds to me like a tour guide sort of role. Bomber has great knowledge of what he requires.

History

Traditions

Culture

Fergie will be a big no no.  It's ok being a motivator but he could be a loose cannon and it has disaster written all over it.    A level headed local guy with Rangers best interests at heart for me has to be jig.

now I know lots here don't like him but I think he's diplomatic enough and not to cause unrest between players and a new managers way of thinking.  McCann is pie in the sky stuff and he has a cushy number on sky sports so I'd be very surprised to see him in the Rangers dugout

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Not at all, Pedro states what qualities he wants for a local club assistant in the club video. The 'local club assistant' job sounds to me like a tour guide sort of role. Bomber has great knowledge of what he requires.

History

Traditions

Culture

He.   Needs.  To.   Be.    Able.    To.    Communicate.   

That's the most important quality, couldn't imagine a poorer match up. Like colonel sanders being the Queens assistant.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

That's the most important quality, couldn't imagine a poorer match up. Like colonel sanders being the Queens assistant.

That would be a shouty as fuck dressing room lol

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That would be a shouty as fuck dressing room lol

Just imagine Bomber shouting at him no matter what. I'm sure Bomber is completely deaf, that's why he keeps asking for the deeds. He's been told plenty of times where to find them but he hasn't heard it.

14 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Does he not already have some sort of ambassador role? Made me :rofl: with that post.:tu:

Since he's been working with the u20s, my choice is Miller. He's been such a great servant to us and it's a good place for him, working along with Caixinha to help him understand how Rangers works considering at times he said been the only guy worth talking about in our team.

Those saying boab malcolm, Bomber etc

Do u not think it's important to have an intelligent assistant able to convey his thoughts concisely and aptly to someone who has been brought in for HIS steel? He'd probably come to the conclusion all rangers men are meat heads with either of those appointments.

Honestly think it has bombers name written all over it. 

Managerial and coaching experience, friend of the board etc.. 

Wouldn't be my choice, i like McCann but id pick barry ferguson on the basis he hates losing and i feel he wants to learn the ropes, has shown himself to be influential and hopefully he can do this in a positive manner. 

1 minute ago, stewaj3 said:

Honestly think it has bombers name written all over it. 

Managerial and coaching experience, friend of the board etc.. 

Wouldn't be my choice, i like McCann but id pick barry ferguson on the basis he hates losing and i feel he wants to learn the ropes, has shown himself to be influential and hopefully he can do this in a positive manner. 

Fucksake :duh:

6 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Those saying boab malcolm, Bomber etc

Do u not think it's important to have an intelligent assistant able to convey his thoughts concisely and aptly to someone who has been brought in for HIS steel? He'd probably come to the conclusion all rangers men are meat heads with either of those appointments.

Bit harsh saying Bombers not intelligent, I agree he may be a bit too shouty and wouldn't be my choice. Here's what Pedro says about the club assistant role.

"Yes there will be more people added along with those who came along with me to Sunday’s game," he told Rangers TV.

“We are also looking to have someone, because this is going to be my third experience of working abroad, and I always look to have one local assistant in order to provide a bridge between the culture, the history and the traditions.

“They help with everything; what it means living in Glasgow, what it means to live in Scotland, how to behave with the opponent’s managers, how do they like to play or how do they not like to play, all the competitions in which you are involved and the players you are going to start working with.

“So I like to have someone for all those situations that you need someone to bridge the gap but also to tell me about the good ideas which existed before.

“But also I need to educate and coach him about the way we want to put things into practise.

“We have approached some people already so we are going to put together a short list and then we are going to present our shortlist. I’ll speak with all of them and then after that I will make the decision.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/15151782.New_Rangers_boss_Pedro_Caixinha_looking_to_hire_a__local__assistant/

1 hour ago, Dietspam said:

Given what happened wit hour last foreign manager i think Barry Ferguson would be ironic would it not? I'd like Kenny Miller to be the man. I think the players like him, he's passionate about the club and knows the script. I'm not sure if he's ready to hang the boots up yet though. It has to be someone at the club already IMO. Bringing in an outsider i'm not sure it's a good idea. Miller or Murty for me.

Player/assistant manager for a season. He's practically doing the job just now ?? 

49 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I think it will be Bomber Brown, Pedro outlines what he wants from a local club assistant and Bomber I would say has knowledge of all.

History

Traditions

Culture

Needs more than that.

IMO Bomber isn't your man.