Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

No offence taken, that's who I think will get the new job role, wouldn't be my choice but Pedro did state, it was about building bridges Bomber has links with the fans and the board.

I think your forgetting he also has to have a good knowledge of football and how to play it. 

So that's Bomber out. 

2 hours ago, Dietspam said:

Given what happened wit hour last foreign manager i think Barry Ferguson would be ironic would it not? I'd like Kenny Miller to be the man. I think the players like him, he's passionate about the club and knows the script. I'm not sure if he's ready to hang the boots up yet though. It has to be someone at the club already IMO. Bringing in an outsider i'm not sure it's a good idea. Miller or Murty for me.

Sure it will be fine this time. The timing was just all wring with PLG

2 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

It will not be McCann

:huh:

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Jimmy Nicholl would be a decent shout IMO.

That's a good shout .no been mentioned yet either 

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I meant a Gordon Smith like guy, this phone is shite to type on.

:mutley:

No chance of it being Bomber, cuz, well, fuck sake wise up lol. No chance of it being Numan as he doesn't meet one of the key criteria in that he won't have a good knowledge of current players and managers in the SPFL. He'll check the other boxes to some extent but not checking the one mentioned might be a deal breaker.

McCann would check all  the boxes and has been involved in coaching and from things I've heard from him in how he approaches his job as a pundit and the work he puts into that in order to improve he'd meet another part of the criteria Pedro laid out, which is that he wants someone who he can teach to coach how they want the players to be coached and to play how they want the team to play.

If it isn't McCann (because I'm not saying it has to be, he's just a name that immediately jumps out at me given the criteria) it'll be someone in a similar mould, who knows the club and what it is like and means to be at Rangers and has a good current knowledge of other Scottish teams and their players and managers.

Don't think Murty really ticks enough of the boxes. He's not really local and doesn't know a great deal about Scottish football or its teams.

Neil McCann would be a good shout. Spent all his time covering Scottish football, knows the club and is quite sensible. Alex Rae decent shout too.

I'd be delighted with Neil McCann. He speaks a lot of sense, has coaching experience as well as a Gers connection.

Murty should also be in with a shout and it's impressive the way he set up the team yesterday. He has grown into the role over the weeks and is already at the club. I'm not sure he'll be as content going back to the u20s now he's experienced more.