Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

7 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Miller would be my choice.    He knows the Club, the squad, the teams in Scotland, and has recent experience of playing against all the other clubs.   Would give him time to complete his coaching badges.  Maybe he'd be a player / assistant for a season then transition over fully to assistant / coach.   He can deal with the media when needed and - much more importantly - gets the importance of success to Rangers and to the Support.

He'd learn a bit from Pedro and his team about their management methods and coaching methods.   Which may be very useful not just for Miller himself but for the Club at the point in time in the future when Pedro decides to move on.   The point being that the assistant can then step into the manager shoes if needed and provide a continuity which was very evidently lacking when the last management team abandoned ship so suddenly forcing an inadequately experienced Murty into an emergency interim role.     

That is actually a very good shout RB. I always saw KM as a future Rangers manager but was assuming he would finish playing take up coaching role in smaller club and then move into management somewhere and build up to coming back to Ibrox about 10 years down the line. This option would make more sense, he could still go out to a smaller team for his first full manager post or not if he proves to have a real talent for management.

2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Why does it have to come down to money?

When he talks about us he talks about us with genuine passion, it's clear he still loves the club and I would think he would be happy to take up that kind of role here. Perhaps not elsewhere, but Rangers is different.

Because it will, I doubt he's going to leave his nice comfy, well paid job at Sky to be assistant #4 for Pedro Caixinha. I just don't see it.