• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The online article has him saying this though re best squad ... he's said it quite clearly? 

IMG_1097.PNG

"We just need to give them confidence.

"When I work with one team, the players who complete that squad are always the best ones."

He was talking about giving them confidence and making them believe they are the best squad.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

"We just need to give them confidence.

"When I work with one team, the players who complete that squad are always the best ones."

He was talking about giving them confidence and making them believe they are the best squad.

So the online article they've removed words/lines, kept some in and jumbled some about a bit too?

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The online article has him saying this though re best squad ... he's said it quite clearly? 

IMG_1097.PNG

But in the context of the interview he was saying they have to be the best squad rather than they are. As in they are the squad they have inherited so for them they are the best squad, the only squad 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, K.A.I said:

So the online article they've removed words/lines, kept some in and jumbled some about a bit too?

Both those quotes are from the same website but different articles, I think the first one is from his interview with the club he then elaborated and explained what he means in the press conference, didn't matter though it was always gonna be spun that way.

43 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

the record are cunts

IMG_0416.JPG

Total Bullshit ... he never said anything of the sort concerning the league or Europe.

He said that he would be going for the Scottish cup and to get the best position in the SPFL this season.

Total Bullshit from a scummy rag who couldn't get the sell by date on a bag of potatoes right ....  yes I said potatoes ... it's scum related .... :p:

:UK:

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

They were trying to draw him into saying where he'd be looking to strengthen and he quite rightly sidestepped it and reinforced he has faith in this squad and they are the best squad for him. 

7 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

But in the context of the interview he was saying they have to be the best squad rather than they are. As in they are the squad they have inherited so for them they are the best squad, the only squad 

I must be missing something here because he says "this is" meaning affirmative in the then and now not for example "this can be/should be" which would indicate what you're saying?

1 minute ago, William McBeath said:

Me too, they stuck the knife right into us and helped the Rangers haters despite having us to thank for the level of Scottish football and thus their own wages. Rats of the highest order.

That whole room was just full of timmy reporters dying to get their headline, the questions being aimed at him were ridiculous and amateurish  

34 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

DR are at It mate, he's clearly talking about installing a mentality where the players believe they are the best. That's how I interpreted it anyway. Watch it and judge for yourself.

"This is the squad and we really trust in the players we have now" 

"for us we are going to work with the best Squad in Scotland, we just need to give the players that confidence"

He the words "the best squad" but for me he meant "it's the only squad so for me it has to be the best".

i think he can be forgiven if he didn't manage to get his point across with forensic accuracy. He's been hit with a garage of publicity and questions. His English is good but it's clearly not yet prefect. He seems sharp. He'l get the nuances of the language and the "media" quickly. 

He certainly didn't mention anything about a European trophy. However, I did notice that some of the thing he said were open to interpretation simply because of his English. I personally thought he meant Rangers have the best squad in scotland, someone above took it to mean something different. While I think his English is good enough to get the gist of what he is saying across I do think there will be times when he will be misconstrued. I don't doubt for a second that the press will jump on anything that can be construed in a negative way.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I must be missing something here because he says "this is" meaning affirmative in the then and now not for example "this can be/should be" which would indicate what you're saying?

It's not quite like that. He said the former but def meant the latter. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

But it's out of context, he was saying that for now he works with that squad and for him they are the best squad in Scotland. I took it as they are his only squad and therefore his best squad, he spoke later about closing the gap to Celtic so it's not like he's here thinking it's just a wee pat on the back they need, he knows there's work to be done. 

Fair enough guys I'll listen to interview and try to make sense of it - but for what it's worth the stuff he's said has impressed me so far but I'll judge him with some of his own signings and stamp on the team not sound bytes 

15 hours ago, DennyBlueNose said:

They were trying to draw him into saying where he'd be looking to strengthen and he quite rightly sidestepped it and reinforced he has faith in this squad and they are the best squad for him. 

:thumbsup:

Correct mate ..... just for clarification PC was not speaking through an Interpreter .... he was speaking excellent English ... so no room for any "lost in translation" nonsense from the hacks.

He was basically telling them this squad was all he had to work with so the current players are the best he has this season .... as he has no other way of adding to them until the summer transfer window .... they are deliberately at it twisting his words to their own drivel to get a response on sales/click bait.

Bellends the lot of them.

:UK: 

Context doesn't fucking matter, he concluded it by saying we have the best squad in scotland so the papers cannot be ridiculed for taking that line and using it - folk fighting over scraps of meat instead of the steak...

The steak: where the hell did the European part come from - that to me is a total fabrication.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Context doesn't fucking matter, he concluded it by saying we have the best squad in scotland so the papers cannot be ridiculed for taking that line and using it - folk fighting over scraps of meat instead of the steak...

The steak: where the hell did the European part come from - that to me is a total fabrication.

Apparently there was a meeting afterwards with the papers so he might have mentioned it in there but I'm waiting for his actual quotes before saying anything about it.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Both bits are as bad, he said neither of them. Does the article clear up where he's supposed to have said this?

Why don't the journalists learn Portuguese and ask him in his native tongue then he can twist their questions?

Fucking scummy pricks, expect no less from them. Before he even arrived he'd already "snubbed" fans.

The sooner we knock those cunts out of top spot the better and they can take the fucking snp with them and jump off the forth bridge. Waste of oxygen the lot of them.

As soon as he said we have the best squad in Scotland I saw this kind of headline. It was nailed on. Wish he had just said our aim is to be......but so be it. Mind you, if we achieve our two targets over the next two months he might have an argument . :happy: