WilliamFyfe

Billy Gilmour

Just now, AljayBoy said:

Aye it's a shame one our most promising youngsters is out the door, but for half a mil i'm definately in the :cheerio: and :winnings:camp.

Yeah we have no idea who good he will be or if he will be another Fleck/Gauld who are said to be the next big thing but don't reach those heights.

At 15 getting £500k is too good a deal to turn down tbh if this is indeed true. 

Sorry for being controversial but if he is away, good luck to him. 

From what i got told , from people who know coaches at Rangers youth, Chelsea have offered to re-locate Billy and his parents.

They are apparantely going to set up a business for his dad? Not sure what line of work he is in.

Could be bullshit but if not then how can we compete with that and the money on offer.

It'll be sad to see him leave if he does leave. I cant agree with people saying this move or that move will be good or bad for him. Obviously at Chelsea he will just be one of a number of top class players in their academy. Not being top dog may suit him or it may not. I just dont think that staying here will necessarily be good for him. Scottish football is hardly a place known for its recent development of high quality youth players. This move might be a blow to us but im not about to repeat some platitude that he'll be better off coaching wise up here and worse off down there.

500k is not a good deal, it's absolute pennies and we don't have the scouting structure (which funnily enough hasn't been mentioned by King in well over a year) in place to go and find the hidden gems of the world that you can buy for 500k. 500k in our world gets us one or two second rate pish British players. 

At the end of the day though, given that he probably isn't even on a professional contract yet i don't think we are even in a position to play hardball anyway. If true, this is a real shame but also a harsh reminder of where we are and where football is moving. There's less and less room in football now for giant clubs outwith the conglomerate leagues. 

500k for a lad yet to play first team football... Money has ruined football

2 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

500k is not a good deal, it's absolute pennies and we don't have the scouting structure (which funnily enough hasn't been mentioned by King in well over a year) in place to go and find the hidden gems of the world that you can buy for 500k. 500k in our world gets us one or two second rate pish British players. 

At the end of the day though, given that he probably isn't even on a professional contract yet i don't think we are even in a position to play hardball anyway. If true, this is a real shame but also a harsh reminder of where we are and where football is moving. There's less and less room in football now for giant clubs outwith the conglomerate leagues. 

500k is great business

500k for a wee boy (and that and potential is all he is just now) is great business.

Three or four deals like that every season and we'll be doing well.

Take the money and have a sell on clause as well as first option to buy back.

Even negotiate a clause for first option if going on loan.

Would've liked to have seen him play at a professional level to understand the hype. 

19 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

500k is great business

How? Barring there being a sell on clause which one day sees us bring in millions - what physical, real progress stemming from this 500k are we going to see on the pitch or otherwise in exchange for our brightest prospect?

Is it a fair deal? Probably. Great business, far from it. It's a consolation prize that we're not getting below 6 figures which wouldnt have surprised me at all. Lets not pretend this is a great deal, at best it helps us handle running costs for a while longer before we need another loan. This deal wont move us any closer to our on field targets, and for that alone you just cant say its 'great business.' 

How can we expect loyalty from a member of ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ?

Well that's that fishing attempt fucked.

Think £500K is just alright for someone so hyped up. It's not exactly 'great business', unless we've a substantial sell on clause (and even then the likelihood is that he'll drift into obscurity and sign for a Championship / League 1 club when his megabucks Chelsea deal expires). 

Couldnt help but think if he'd played a season in our first team then we'd be looking at 5 to 10 times that figure though. 

Not much that can be done I don't suppose.

500k for a wee guy still fingering burds and letting his mates smell his fingers is some deal.

if he moves good luck to him

Don't see how this is a great deal. 500k won't change our lives. Chelsea will probably punt him for £5m after a dozen games in the championship and no games for Chelsea. 

If we agree that Chelsea are better resourced, have quality scouting and coaching and they rate him enough to pay 500k why do we think it's good business for us? Chelsea hold all the aces here and if anyone is getting the good deal it will be them. 500k is buttons to them and they obviously see a financial return down the line. It's scandalous that they can effectively tap him up before his first pro contract. 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Now the abuse :lol: 

500k for a player who's no even got all his pubes is decent business.

Folk need understand we can't compete with these clubs anymore, players play for money not history. 

This all day long, for every 100 "wonderkids" maybe one will make a career out of football.

His uncle or some relative posts on FF. It's not true. 

Rangers would only be entitled to €7k for every development yr so we should really only be getting $35k for him really if he's not signed his first pro contract 

we've done well to get the £500k

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think £500K is just alright for someone so hyped up. It's not exactly 'great business', unless we've a substantial sell on clause (and even then the likelihood is that he'll drift into obscurity and sign for a Championship / League 1 club when his megabucks Chelsea deal expires). 

Couldnt help but think if he'd played a season in our first team then we'd be looking at 5 to 10 times that figure though. 

Not much that can be done I don't suppose.

All he has to do is look at Josh McEachran and see his future if he goes to Chelsea

I totally understand Rangers don't have a say on keeping him because of his age. There is zero guarantees that a kid under 16 will cut the mustard and we haven't dug up many Gilmour's aged 15, therefore should we abandon youth football until kids become 16?

8 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

All he has to do is look at Josh McEachran and see his future if he goes to Chelsea

And he can look at Kyle Hutton and see his future if he stays here.

His uncle says it isn't true. He hasn't decided. Rangers remain in the running. Arsenal, Chelsea and some of Europe's biggest teams have all approached. 

If i were negotiating this id offer BG 20% of his sell on fee. If he's the top player these clubs believe he can be sold at 18 with a season or two at Rangers, a nice lump of cash for all concerned, And a reputation that will earn him a massive contract. By all accounts this boy has the skills. Odegaard is wasted at Real. Compare that to Mbappe at Monaco. One will certainly have a career, the other could be the next Freddy Adu. 

12 minutes ago, MasterD said:

And he can look at Kyle Hutton and see his future if he stays here.

Rangers youth set up and situation has changed since Hutton came through. You obviously didn't think that through to any extent did you? 

I really don't understand how anyone could argue against £500k being a cracking deal for us for a 15 year old.

We'd be lucky to get that much for any of our current first team players.