WilliamFyfe

Billy Gilmour

134 posts in this topic

Just now, K.A.I said:

If it runs solely on money we got from youth players we'd have went out of business by now 

Well yeah, the system costs money, but I just think it's a massive overreaction to - potentially - lose a player for £600k (who is only fucking 15) and then conclude that the whole system is pointless and should be scrapped.

1 person likes this

The majority of the best young players at pro youth level won't be playing at Rangers.

6 hours ago, RDFM said:

I'm sure we're not allowed to unless it's in the Scottish Cup and considering who we're playing I highly doubt he'll get a spot in the squad.

Stick him in and let him run about with his heroes............. :britney:

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Well yeah, the system costs money, but I just think it's a massive overreaction to - potentially - lose a player for £600k (who is only fucking 15) and then conclude that the whole system is pointless and should be scrapped.

I agree it's an over reaction 

my gut feeling tells me for all the kids no doubt good - would we really develop him into the first team player we crave? I've my doubts 

600k is a good deal for me it could be the difference between a top signing for the first team 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I agree it's an over reaction 

my gut feeling tells me for all the kids no doubt good - would we really develop him into the first team player we crave? I've my doubts 

600k is a good deal for me it could be the difference between a top signing for the first team 

It probably will result in a good signing for the first team when you think about it.

Even if you notionally spend it on the youth system, that fees up the same amount that you would've spent on it anyway, which can then be used to sign someone. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Jackal said:

Stick him in and let him run about with his heroes............. :britney:

sure I read the lad supports the smelly mob  

42 minutes ago, Rogerramjet25 said:

sure I read the lad supports the smelly mob  

🎣 well played jackal 

On 03/04/2017 at 1:09 AM, RDFM said:

I'm sure we're not allowed to unless it's in the Scottish Cup and considering who we're playing I highly doubt he'll get a spot in the squad.

Is that because he's 15?

5 minutes ago, WilliamFyfe said:

Is that because he's 15?

Aye, SPFL rules prohibit it I'm sure.