WilliamFyfe

Billy Gilmour

147 posts in this topic

Just now, K.A.I said:

If it runs solely on money we got from youth players we'd have went out of business by now 

Well yeah, the system costs money, but I just think it's a massive overreaction to - potentially - lose a player for £600k (who is only fucking 15) and then conclude that the whole system is pointless and should be scrapped.

1 person likes this

The majority of the best young players at pro youth level won't be playing at Rangers.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, RDFM said:

I'm sure we're not allowed to unless it's in the Scottish Cup and considering who we're playing I highly doubt he'll get a spot in the squad.

Stick him in and let him run about with his heroes............. :britney:

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Well yeah, the system costs money, but I just think it's a massive overreaction to - potentially - lose a player for £600k (who is only fucking 15) and then conclude that the whole system is pointless and should be scrapped.

I agree it's an over reaction 

my gut feeling tells me for all the kids no doubt good - would we really develop him into the first team player we crave? I've my doubts 

600k is a good deal for me it could be the difference between a top signing for the first team 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I agree it's an over reaction 

my gut feeling tells me for all the kids no doubt good - would we really develop him into the first team player we crave? I've my doubts 

600k is a good deal for me it could be the difference between a top signing for the first team 

It probably will result in a good signing for the first team when you think about it.

Even if you notionally spend it on the youth system, that fees up the same amount that you would've spent on it anyway, which can then be used to sign someone. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Jackal said:

Stick him in and let him run about with his heroes............. :britney:

sure I read the lad supports the smelly mob  

42 minutes ago, Rogerramjet25 said:

sure I read the lad supports the smelly mob  

🎣 well played jackal 

On 03/04/2017 at 1:09 AM, RDFM said:

I'm sure we're not allowed to unless it's in the Scottish Cup and considering who we're playing I highly doubt he'll get a spot in the squad.

Is that because he's 15?

5 minutes ago, WilliamFyfe said:

Is that because he's 15?

Aye, SPFL rules prohibit it I'm sure.

Signing for Chelsea next week.

500k and a % of his next transfer fee.

Shame to see him go but we have no option and could of ended up getting a lot less.

16 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Shame to see him go but we have no option and could of ended up getting a lot less.

He isn't under contract we can't demand anything as far as I understand it.

22 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Club are blameless as you say. great return for such a young boy

32 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He was like a little boy lost in the u20 tim game in the week there, if 500k is the fee that looks fair enough to me.

51 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Hope we blag a loan player too

How we getting a few when he's not under contract? 

7 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

How we getting a few when he's not under contract? 

There's always compensation with a youngster.

On 28/04/2017 at 6:21 PM, ForeverAndEver said:

Why wouldn't he? Our club is a mess from top to bottom. However a youth system is imperative if we are to prosper in the years to come. 

We might have got 500k for him now but it could've been millions and millions in 3-5 years plus his contribution in between 

this is another bad moment for the club imo 

3 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Why wouldn't he? Our club is a mess from top to bottom. However a youth system is imperative if we are to prosper in the years to come. 

We might have got 500k for him now but it could've been millions and millions in 3-5 years plus his contribution in between 

this is another bad moment for the club imo 

Could being the critical word, he might not even make it at all, so 500k for a kid who imo looks miles off the finished article, he looks good when in his own age group but if the u20 game last week was anything to go by he looked miles off it.

I wish him well in the future but a first team appearance anywhere looks a distance away

6 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Could being the critical word, he might not even make it at all, so 500k for a kid who imo looks miles off the finished article, he looks good when in his own age group but if the u20 game last week was anything to go by he looked miles off it.

I wish him well in the future but a first team appearance anywhere looks a distance away

Could yes, but this kid has looked our best prospect in years and years. Chelsea, Bayern, Arsenal et al think he 'could' too - 500k or if he really did develop into a top player - (and I think staying at the club, surrounded by family and friends is the best answer) he could easily be with 20-30 times that  

these are huge clubs who have shown interest  imho this minimises the 'could' question

again, this is another indication our club is rudderless 

1 person likes this

Can't say it's the clubs fault. The reality is we can't compete money wise with EPL and if the family want to immediately secure the boys financial future they will sign for Chelsea. If we have done a deal for 500k + a percentage of any later transfer fee we will have done well

24 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Could yes, but this kid has looked our best prospect in years and years. Chelsea, Bayern, Arsenal et al think he 'could' too - 500k or if he really did develop into a top player - (and I think staying at the club, surrounded by family and friends is the best answer) he could easily be with 20-30 times that  

these are huge clubs who have shown interest  imho this minimises the 'could' question

again, this is another indication our club is rudderless 

All these clubs will have 20 Billy Gilmours and will ruthlessly spit them out when the next batch of superkids come through.

Toral and Zalalem(the next Pirlo) are two who were supposedly destined for the top, in reality they dont even stand out in our much maligned league.