A message to MW & Weir

Gaz52

I guess you could say from one of their biggest fans - I have put my neck on the line for both of them umpteen times on this forum and have been rightly put in my place for it.

I think it's now evident that they did try and maneuver a way out of Rangers and it did blow up in their faces. That's now my opinion anyway. The timing of their appointment is beautifully convenient isn't it? Right as we appoint a new manager so the focus is now off them and they won't be as brutally attacked by Rangers fans now, we have other people and things on our minds.

I respect what Warburton tried to do with us and that's play only one style of play, a style of play that when it's in full-flow and being executed right is wonderful to watch. But the major flaw that he couldn't see is we didn't have the players to do it. The rest of the league knew exactly how to set up to counter what we were trying to do, to which MW didn't have an answer. A Rangers manager must know that you need to win a game at all costs, it doesn't matter how you do it, you've just got to get those 3 points and move on to the next one and that includes games against Celtic. You never get a "free week" when you're Rangers manager, that's something I don't think Warburton ever got his head round, he came from Brentford who could go away to places like Middlesbrough, Norwich, Brighton etc in the Championship and the fans wouldn't expect a thing, he wouldn't be under any pressure even if they lost 3 or 4 to nil. That's not something you're ever afforded at Rangers, we go out to win every single domestic game we play, no exclusions.

The way he conducted himself in interviews and off the pitch in general was admirable, he was always well-spoken, he candidly paid a visit to the family of Ryan Baird, who sadly lost his life on his way to Ibrox. He is a dignified and intelligent man but when it comes to being a football manager, especially a Rangers one, you need a ruthless trait, he doesn't have it. When he subbed Hyndman at Tynecastle because he owed it to Bournemouth to protect their player... That kind of behavior isn't what a Rangers manager should possess, it's like he never truly understood how big Rangers are. He also substituted Barton when we were chasing the game at Rugby Park because "The fans got a bit too worked up" -- Looking back on these decisions now, I can see how much of an inadequate manager he was for us. He really didn't get it, did he? I've no doubt he's a good coach, he's very highly spoken of, especially for his man-management qualities, but you need to be prepared to lose your Mr Nice Guy reputation if you want to succeed at Rangers.

His level is a lowly Championship side, who's fans and who the press won't expect big things from, where he can quietly go about his work without being in the spotlight too much. But he's never going to win you a Championship.

Thank f*ck that we've moved on now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course, but I stuck up for him in situations where I should have slaughtered him, I cut him a break because of the shoddy budget he got, but it took an interim manager in Graeme Murty to show me that when you pick the players who deserve to be playing and play a style that suits the game you're playing rather than the same old stuff every game, there's a group of players there who can win you games and who can be taught that losing 4-1 at Tynecastle isn't what happens when you play for Rangers.

Get it up ye Warburton ya baldy belter - is what I'm really trying to say here.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Don't get me started on that Robertson prick, you know he like whores? :no:

Makes shite match threads anaw :Fod:

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

That Lloyd is a proper cunt

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Don't get me started on that Robertson prick, you know he like whores? :no:

I still think both the same person. Just multiple accounts to reap all the 'likes'... 

Wish them no ill whatsoever, I'd far rather they realised the job was too big for them than hang on till the bitter end chasing every blue pound.

That may well change should they go down the tribunal route.

They werent good enough, they're no longer here. All good IMO.

I struggle to think of a manager I'd rather have less for a relgation battle though :thumbup:

Still not feeling the hate tbh. We all wanted them gone, the board wanted them gone: they will have known this. A situation arose which would be mutually beneficial to both parties. The confusion that followed was largely down to the agent pulling the strings, I'd imagine. I struggle to find anything to be angry about.

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Sfunny how a thread goes eh!

op rattles up lots of words ends up with @RFCRobertsongaining even more likes

place is bonkers. 

I've reached a new level of whore :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Makes shite match threads anaw :Fod:

I heard he even asks his hairdresser to get his hair done like Michael O'halloran :mutley:

4 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Still not feeling the hate tbh. We all wanted them gone, the board wanted them gone: they will have known this. A situation arose which would be mutually beneficial to both parties. The confusion that followed was largely down to the agent pulling the strings, is imagine. I struggle to find anything to be angry about.

Very sensible post.

38 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Still not feeling the hate tbh. We all wanted them gone, the board wanted them gone: they will have known this. A situation arose which would be mutually beneficial to both parties. The confusion that followed was largely down to the agent pulling the strings, is imagine. I struggle to find anything to be angry about.

Totally agree. Most of us liked them when we were rattling thru' the championship and beating them in the cup semi. Think we all had our doubts re SDW and our defence. Even MW for his Plan A, Plan A better statement. However like Ger I don't feel hate. They gave us some great football. Things happen behind the scenes and folk need to sort or plan their future. Agents are cunts and its they who are taking and securing huge fees which are fucking the game.

After knocking the scum out the Scottish Cup last season I'm struggling to remember any good  displays from the team .....seriously.   Don't hate Warburton in the slightest , but I'm glad he's gone. 

The amount of away days which were spoiled:cheers: by embarrassing, spineless performance's was totally unacceptable & wins on the road were something of a novelty rather than the norm. 

We deserve better .....

20 minutes ago, Buggleskelly said:

After knocking the scum out the Scottish Cup last season I'm struggling to remember any good  displays from the team .....seriously.   Don't hate Warburton in the slightest , but I'm glad he's gone. 

The amount of away days which were spoiled:cheers: by embarrassing, spineless performance's was totally unacceptable & wins on the road were something of a novelty rather than the norm. 

We deserve better .....

That should have been the springboard but it was not to be, everyone seemed to switch off/down tools whatever after that, apart from the Tims who got a bit worried and had a spend up, Warburton totally lost the plot at the end with his team selections and press conferences becoming more and more bizarre,as it became increasingly obvious the job was way way too big for him.

He topped out a sneaky bastard with his other two partners in lies