Danny Wilson on Pedro's first training session

kyleh1872

Just read the interview with Danny where he discussed the first session and something he said leaped out at me

“Nothing massive has changed yet, we did a recovery session and that was a wee bit different, we went outside and did some work out there and we hadn’t done that previously"

I'm no football coach but why in the name of Christ were they not going outside previously!!! I appreciate to perhaps not take that too literally, I presume they did go outside but should they not be outside most of the bloody time? What the hell was MW doing? I just can't quite get my head around that. Fingers crossed this means a marked improvement in performances as the team is actually training and being coached!!

Link to interview: https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/matching-pedros-passion/

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

Just read the interview with Danny where he discussed the first session and something he said leaped out at me

“Nothing massive has changed yet, we did a recovery session and that was a wee bit different, we went outside and did some work out there and we hadn’t done that previously"

I'm no football coach but why in the name of Christ were they not going outside previously!!! I appreciate to perhaps not take that too literally, I presume they did go outside but should they not be outside most of the bloody time? What the hell was MW doing? I just can't quite get my head around that. Fingers crossed this means a marked improvement in performances as the team is actually training and being coached!!

Link to interview: https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/matching-pedros-passion/

We have the facilities to do it inside that's all 

I agree the players look a bit peely wally this year, obviously didn't have the mentality to go outside before and face whatever sunlight we ever get.

Could explain if players had a vitamin d deficiency too.

46 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

I agree the players look a bit peely wally this year, obviously didn't have the mentality to go outside before and face whatever sunlight we ever get.

Could explain if players had a vitamin d deficiency too.

pernicious anemia M8 :dance:

4 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Rangers proved conclusively on Sunday there are no problems with their fitness by lasting the full 90 while the tims looked fucked at the end. Can't vouch for quality of coaching but hard work wasn't the problem.

They were also outside for 2 hours, we should expect a long recovery period.

49 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Aye but it was high summer today, Pedro is in for a fright when he sees snow in April/May ffs

The only benefits of training outside would be if at the stadium.. I can all be done indoors at the training ground in any weather 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

There's a big fuck off full size pitch inside. Which by all accounts they appear to have used.

What's the rage with them not going outside?

Honest to fuck the reasons for folk greeting on here is mental these days.

I'm not complaining or pissed off about it, but I just wanted to comment on why it might be beneficial to do this outside.

The players get used to training in the same environment as they have to end up playing in. So no hiding because it's a bit cold or windy - they should be used to it.

I also think it builds character, it's dead easy for you to give up on a jog outside when the wind is hitting you and it's raining. To keep going in those conditions makes you feel you've achieved something and makes you a bit tougher.

The downside being the players may get sick from playing out in the cold a lot of the time, but I think a happy medium can be employed.

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

Rangers proved conclusively on Sunday there are no problems with their fitness by lasting the full 90 while the tims looked fucked at the end. Can't vouch for quality of coaching but hard work wasn't the problem.

Agree we looked the fitter team at the end something we had struggled with previously at times.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

There's a big fuck off full size pitch inside. Which by all accounts they appear to have used.

What's the rage with them not going outside?

Honest to fuck the reasons for folk greeting on here is mental these days.

I know that they obviously went outside before my point is that they had the day off yesterday and then Tuesday Wilson is suggesting that they would just do recovery have a light day whatever you want to call it i find that odd, that doing training outside was not the done thing previously. I'm suggesting they perhaps had it too easy which would suggest them looking all over the place and unorganised this year.

3 hours ago, kyleh1872 said:

:notallowed:

Yeah I've always wondered why indoor Gym's are not all outside anyway .... especially in Scotland .... it would make them even more enjoyable and hard .... plus the players do need to be toughened up as they sometimes play like pansies or ballerinas. 

The OP is right to be infuriated with this abominable revelation from Danny Wilson .... good on him for blowing the whistle on this disgraceful lack of outside training ethic put in place by the last management team ....WTF was MW playing at? .....  the Club are also at fault here ..... just WTF were they thinking of when they decided to create a world class indoor and outdoor training facility that is the envy of all who pass through it ....when all they needed was an outside one .... just WTF were they thinking? ..... :p:

This is the main reason we have been so terrible this season .... time we all mobilised and had a protest march down Auchenhowie way to show our disgust at this iniquitous abomoination .... training outside will be arranged two weeks before we march men ..... come on! lads get yourself down and train like a real man ..... outside .... :hiboys:

PS:- if it's raining hard  .... we will hire a double decker bus ..... and shout loud and hard like real men ... while inside out of the weather ... we will show them.

Haw you! .... Aye you! .... Ootside Noo! .... Loyal ...... :thuglife:

:UK: