Big Jim stewart

KingKirk

On the road out!

JIM STEWART looks set to lose his post as Rangers goalie coach.

SunSport told on Saturday how new Ibrox gaffer Pedro Caixinha wants to add three trusted backroom staff.

One of those is believed to be keeper coach Jose Belman.

Contrary to reports elsewhere the writing now looks on the wall for Stewart, 63.

From the sun

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pedro needs his own team behind him to do his job then who are we to argue with him.

Sad to see a long standing servant to the club leave, maybe they could find a job for him elsewhere at the club, but I don't think he would go for it.

Good luck to Jim wherever he goes.

Thought he was worth keeping on for a wee bit longer ... but some were saying he was thinking of retiring ... so not that much of a shock to JS I suppose.

He has had great run as both a player and a coach ..... longer than most in the field if truth be known.

So good luck with what he does next and thanks for all your service Big man.

:UK:

16 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

Jim is a mate of my mate and everytime I have met him he has been a proper gentleman  & he couldn't belive he was living his dream. Also has the biggest hands that I have ever had to shake.

Bet that's not the only thing he shook with his big hands that day :hiboys:

Walter Smith axed Jims predecessor to give him the job so what goes around comes around. He will have been paid handsomely for his services.

Hopefully the new coach understands keepers can catch the ball and dont have to punch it every time.

Time to move on after 10 yr loyal service  however his son Colin (husband of Julie Fleeting) is at the club coaching our youth goalies Jim won't be short of offers either I don't think he is quite ready to retire just yet .