Big Jim stewart

KingKirk

Just now, GeeSS said:

Time to move on after 10 yr loyal service  however his son Colin (husband of Julie Fleeting) is at the club coaching our youth goalies Jim won't be short of offers either I don't think he is quite ready to retire just yet .

Did he play for Airdrie against us a few seasons ago? 6-0 I think.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Sid2103 said:

If Pedro needs his own team behind him to do his job then who are we to argue with him.

Sad to see a long standing servant to the club leave, maybe they could find a job for him elsewhere at the club, but I don't think he would go for it.

Good luck to Jim wherever he goes.

Nah, if the new boss wants someone else in his job, then he goes. 

Read some opinion piece that Pedro likes all his staff to concentrate 100% on their jobs with the clubs and as Stewart works as part of the Scotland setup that doesn't work for Pedro.

If that's true i already like this guy, nothing like putting your own stamp on the place with high expectations of everyone else!

Shame to see him go as he is clearly a very good goalkeeping coach, probably the best in the country. Hopefully he is retiring and thats why we are replacing him.

The boy coming in was the Real Madrid U19 GK coach so at least he is of good pedigree.

Only issue I have with a new man brining in his own coaching staff is that when the manager eventually goes so does the entire coaching staff.

No continuity there, it's where a DoF would help to steer it.

25 minutes ago, Ace said:

Only issue I have with a new man brining in his own coaching staff is that when the manager eventually goes so does the entire coaching staff.

No continuity there, it's where a DoF would help to steer it.

To be honest the continuity with the coaching staff after Walter went didn't do us much good...

2 hours ago, Shuggy said:

I remember watching him play. Did he succeed Peter McCloy in goal? Can't remember.

Yes season 1981, for a couple of years , big Peter played a few games as well then we brought in Nicky Walker , always remember my first bells league cup final Jim Stewart wore a red top instead of the yellow , one ,as a kid I always wanted that top ,