Big Jim stewart

KingKirk

23 minutes ago, boyd09 said:

Yes season 1981, for a couple of years , big Peter played a few games as well then we brought in Nicky Walker , always remember my first bells league cup final Jim Stewart wore a red top instead of the yellow , one ,as a kid I always wanted that top , 

I note Jock Wallace had him back in 1984.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ace said:

Only issue I have with a new man brining in his own coaching staff is that when the manager eventually goes so does the entire coaching staff.

No continuity there, it's where a DoF would help to steer it.

Agree although perhaps the DOF will be tasked with having replacements identified. Succession planning that we seemed to lack when Warburton et al did the dirty 

17 hours ago, Tom0411 said:

Jim is a mate of my mate and everytime I have met him he has been a proper gentleman  & he couldn't belive he was living his dream. Also has the biggest hands that I have ever had to shake.

We've had some truly fabulous goalkeepers at Ibrox.  Big Wes can be another of those IMHO.  Pass on my regards to the big fellow.  

Cammy Bell. Enough said.

Kidding! Sad to see him go, has done some great work, but these things happen. As for that rag, yet another negative spin. He's still working with the national side and will undoubtedly get another role somewhere else if he doesn't retire. You'd think Pedro had just chopped his hands off.

Sad to hear about and hope the big fella is treated properly, not surprised though as it appears to be the modern trend that you don't just hire a manager but a management team , assistant, fitness coach et all. When the manager goes so does the rest  ( MW, DW, FM) to be replaced wholesale. 

I'm not being bad here but surely our coaches should be fit and agile enough to be an exemplar during training? Not so much a manager but surely coaching requires a lot of physical attributes. 

Big Jim is 63 yrs old.   Can't see him showing an example of theory into practice to be honest. 

Good luck to him in his retirement though. 

7 hours ago, reallyruff said:

Sad to hear about and hope the big fella is treated properly, not surprised though as it appears to be the modern trend that you don't just hire a manager but a management team , assistant, fitness coach et all. When the manager goes so does the rest  ( MW, DW, FM) to be replaced wholesale. 

Totally understandable though mate, intact I would prefer to get the full package if I was signing a manager. 

He needs people he knows, trusts, believes in etc. The guys in our new management team, when you hear him speak of the, it's like he's speaking of being in the trenches together, and that's the ones he wants by his side. 

A bonus in my eyes.

Best of luck to Jim, however he found out by phone call from someone that his locker had been emptied, no one from manager or other senior staff spoke to Jim. I don't believe he has decided about retiring as yet. A shocking way to treat anyone tbh.

All the best to him. 

Improved every keeper he worked with - Bell aside, although he was carrying an injury at the end. 

One thing we can consistently do is develop good goalkeepers into better ones. 

If he has been shown the door without so much as a 'thanks' then that's poor from all involved. Always take every rumour with a pinch of salt though. 

47 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Best of luck to Jim, however he found out by phone call from someone that his locker had been emptied, no one from manager or other senior staff spoke to Jim. I don't believe he has decided about retiring as yet. A shocking way to treat anyone tbh.

Sad if true but definitely not Pedro's responsibility . He clearly states in his press conference that he informed the board he'd be LOYAL to his own team and therefore it was Robertsons job to inform Jim personally. 

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

I would like to think there is no truth in that.