The Next 10 Games

RFCRobertson

So right now there is only 5 games left before the split, those games are 

• Rangers v Accies - 18th of march
  • Rangers v Motherwell - 1st of April
  • Kilmarnock v Rangers - 5th of April
  • Aberdeen v Rangers - 9th of April
  • Rangers v Partick Thistle - 15h of April

After that they split occurs where we'll play the other top 6 teams in the league. Which will consist of

• Rangers v Taigs
  • Rangers v Aberdeen
  • Rangers v Hearts
  • St Johnstone v Rangers
  • Either Partick Thistle, Kilmarnock or Dundee (all are very close to one another)
    • Partick Thistle v Rangers
    • Rangers v Kilmarnock
    • Rangers v Dundee

And will take place on these dates

• Round 34 - Saturday 29 April, 2017

• Round 35 - Saturday 6 May, 2017

• Round 36 - Saturday 13 May, 2017

• Round 37 - Tuesday 16 May & Wednesday 17 May, 2017

• Round 38 - Saturday 20 May & Sunday 21 May, 2017

8 points behind Aberdeen is nothing, we play them twice and they have to play likes of hearts and the taigs again. We'll likely have the taigs at home so should be a win this time along with hearts which would be a home game. So honestly if the squad plays to it's fullest potential, 2nd place should be achievable. Caxinha has a few easy games to break him in, build momentum off of and go into Aberdeen heads held high with the sheepshaggers getting their baws booted.

Of course, between Partick Thistle and the game on the 29th, we have the taigs in the scottish cup. Even playing ground, last time it went 0-1 and if we beat Accies, Well, Killie, Aberdeen and thistle, go into the game with full of steam it should be a win. Then the Scottish cup final will take place  on or around the 27th of May. Where we'll play either Aberdeen or Hiv. 

Come on the Queens 11!!! 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is optimism then there is @RFCRobertson

2nd is achievable but the manager is just in the door and will need time to get his ideas and methods across plus this isn't his squad. 

Optimistic but we will see, hopefully we can get a run of wins together before the Semi Final.

If it's killie or Dundee we will be away at one of either them, hearts or Aberdeen for a third time. It's the way it's gone in the past if the top 6 works out that way and no way they'd give us 4 home and 1 away game in the last 5. I may be wrong but I think we were away at Aberdeen 3 times in 1 season afew years back. 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

There is optimism then there is @RFCRobertson

2nd is achievable but the manager is just in the door and will need time to get his ideas and methods across plus this isn't his squad. 

Optimistic but we will see, hopefully we can get a run of wins together before the Semi Final.

:lol: I'd say the next 3 games are going to be easier than some of the other games and it's the battles that win the war. Pointless beating the taigs, hearts and aberdeen if we're just going to drop points to Accies, County and Killie. 
Accies and Motherwell are both home games and should give him a chance to experiment but preferably i'd want him to focus on a win first by any means necessary and when we're comfortably in the lead then start introducing some dieas. 

3 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

If it's killie or Dundee we will be away at one of either them, hearts or Aberdeen for a third time. It's the way it's gone in the past if the top 6 works out that way and no way they'd give us 4 home and 1 away game in the last 5. I may be wrong but I think we were away at Aberdeen 3 times in 1 season afew years back. 

See common sense would dictate, you get 2 home games and 2 aways games against a team. But then when has the SFA ever known common sense :lol: 

1st 5 games I expect no less than 15 points. 

We should have beat Aberdeen away last time I thought we were outstanding and pished all over them, easy missed chances cost us.

im confident we will go to sheepville next time and bring 3 points home to glasgow. 

If we want to finish second we need maximum points from our last 5 before the split. If we manage that it would be a massive confidence boost going in to the semi against them. I really cant see us getting 4 home games after the split. I can see us having to go to Tynecastle or Pittodrie three times this season. Hopefully Partick get the top 6, more chance of us getting Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts at home that way.

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

:lol: I'd say the next 3 games are going to be easier than some of the other games and it's the battles that win the war. Pointless beating the taigs, hearts and aberdeen if we're just going to drop points to Accies, County and Killie. 
Accies and Motherwell are both home games and should give him a chance to experiment but preferably i'd want him to focus on a win first by any means necessary and when we're comfortably in the lead then start introducing some dieas. 

See common sense would dictate, you get 2 home games and 2 aways games against a team. But then when has the SFA ever known common sense :lol: 

And that's a reason the split is ridiculous. That and the 7th place team quite often ending up with more points that 5th and 6th. :lol:

We've had these threads since September next games etc we'll take points here there and everywhere. We know now at the end of March doesn't work like that.

Hopefully we get the wins but some people are going way over board cos we got a point at the tarriers. Same players lost to Inverness and Dundee recently and let a 2 goal lead slip at home to St Johnstone so I think we need a bit more realism here

41 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

And that's a reason the split is ridiculous. That and the 7th place team quite often ending up with more points that 5th and 6th. :lol:

Quite like the split tbh,  always something to play for and in direct competition to the teams round about you.

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Would not surprise me one bit if we are away to the scum one more time ,giving them more revenue and denying us .

We will definitely not be at home to Hearts ,Aberdeen and Scum in last 5 games . I would place a wad on that

pretty sure it works like. if you played 2 away games before the split then you play the team at home after the split.