Would you like Hill for another season?

Gaz52

Clint Hill  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hill get a contract extension?

He's been our best defender this season without a shadow of a doubt. He handled Dembele well on Sunday and he also done well against him at the Hampden game I thought. I mention MD because he's likely the best striker (lol) he'll come up against in the SPL. I'm not being taigy, I'm just being real. But he hardly runs Hill ragged, does he? 

So, my question is - Would you like Hill for one more season? Or would you rather Pedro built a new defence?

I quite like the idea of Clint and a younger, quicker CB next to him. And maybe a new right-back as well.

Another Weir-Cuellar type pairing would be fantastic for us. But then again, buying two new - possibly better - centre-backs sounds good as well.

What do you think?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. 

Hes not the worst defender I've ever seen but he looks slightly better than what he is imo because Wilson, Senderos and Kiernan are so bad.

Hes been a decent signing overall and I've seen a lot worse even in better Rangers teams but we can't let the emotion of Sunday cloud our judgements - most of the fans made this same mistake last time we got a result against them and thought Halliday, Holt etc were better than what we were

We need big investment and big improvements on almost every player we've got. We can't lose track of that.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Do a fucking poll.

I do polls all the time, man. I don't want to be known as the "Poll Guy" 

Just a discussion will do for now

Btw when you used to skelp my arse on a winter's morning, it'd make me feel sick and like I was going to die

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

No. 

Hes not the worst defender I've ever seen but he looks slightly better than what he is imo because Wilson, Senderos and Kiernan are so bad.

Hes been a decent signing overall and I've seen a lot worse even in better Rangers teams but we can't let the emotion of Sunday cloud our judgements - most of the fans made this same mistake last time we got a result against them and thought Halliday, Holt etc were better than what we were

We need big investment and big improvements on almost every player we've got. We can't lose track of that.

Fair post KAI

Will be interesting to see how Pedro sees our current players. I mean he did just say we have the best squad in Scotland, which was quite worrying.

If we don't buy two new CB's then at least we might have Hill to fall back on. Hope to god Kiernan, Senderos and Wilson are long gone next season 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

Fair post KAI

Will be interesting to see how Pedro sees our current players. I mean he did just say we have the best squad in Scotland, which was quite worrying.

If we don't buy two new CB's then at least we might have Hill to fall back on. Hope to god Kiernan, Senderos and Wilson are long gone next season 

He said the squad need to believe they're the best and it's all about confidence.

Learn some reading comprehension.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He said the squad need to believe they're the best and it's all about confidence.

Learn some reading comprehension.

I certainly won't learn it reading your dim-witted posts anyway

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I mean he did just say we have the best squad in Scotland, which was quite worrying.

Question: What would you need to challenge Celtic

Answer: Isn't an answer I can give you to you right now cause right now, I can't change a thing. This is the squad, and really trusting the players we have right now. As I told you from the beginning, for us, this is the best squad in Scotland. So we are going to work with the best squad in scotland. We just need to give them that confidence.

tut tut you been reading the daily rhag gaz? :pipe: 

I would give him another year. The squad needs a huge overhaul and if we've not got lots of funds for next season (which I suspect we won't), then we'll need to salvage the best of what we have. CH could easily manage another season in the spl. Even if we have the money to get 2 quality CB's, he would still be good reliable cover. 

I'm sure Clint came here thinking he was a squad player and back up ( which is how he started the season) and is probably pleased and surprised to get so many games - I for one welcome the contribution he has made this season. I suspect ( expect)the centre backs to be strengthened but if we keep him in the squad as back up for another year I don't think Clint would have any issues with that.

Guest Lloyd72

Yes but only as a 4th choice, we need someone with his experience around the club to help the younger players, we should be bringing in at least 3 CBs this summer so Hill as a backup to them wouldn't be terrible