Caixinha Continues Match Preparations

dogtanian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Couple of things I took from that. The first being Pedro telling them that it is always short pass, short pass, short pass. I want short pass, short pass, long pass. So we will hopefully be more direct and less tippy tappy around the box. The other things were the boy Bates looks a tidy player based on that limited footage and finally Senderos seems to always be hanging about the boss like a bad smell!! Trying to talk his way into a new contract. Hope Pedro is wise to his pish!!

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Couple of things I took from that. The first being Pedro telling them that it is always short pass, short pass, short pass. I want short pass, short pass, long pass. So we will hopefully be more direct and less tippy tappy around the box. The other things were the boy Bates looks a tidy player based on that limited footage and finally Senderos seems to always be hanging about the boss like a bad smell!! Trying to talk his way into a new contract. Hope Pedro is wise to his pish!!

Noticed that about Senderos, maybe he is keen on getting into coaching when he retires.

14 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

all of this. Also the drill where five of them pass the ball between them getting chased is I think to stop us getting caught in possession as much?

18 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

It also give the opposition time to get on top of you if you're playing short passes all the time, I've always hated it. Without excellent movement and players with a great touch and anticipation this constant short play, well, resulted in Warburton shite. However, by only passing short some of the time and hitting the odd long ball the opposition gets stretched and pulled about, and our player with the ball now finds himself in a lot of space. It tires out the opposition - which is handy because in this league almost all opposition teams shouldn't be as fit as us, and we can take advantage of that. It also keeps the opposition guessing what's coming next.

All the aerial shots.- have we bought a drone? 

Looks like Pedro and his coaches have settled in well enough and seem to be setting about imposing their ways of working on the squad.   Hope this translates into much more direct football, much better defending, much more combative and creative midfield, and much improved goal-scoring strike force......with wins as the end product.   

I may have missed it but I didn't spot Miller in the video.  Was he there?   Anyone else missing?  (I know, I know.....Rossiter)

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I may have missed it but I didn't spot Miller in the video.  Was he there?   Anyone else missing?  (I know, I know.....Rossiter)

He's in a lot of the shots haha. Can see him talking to Wilson at the end going out the door. 

6 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

All the aerial shots.- have we bought a drone? 

Looks like Pedro and his coaches have settled in well enough and seem to be setting about imposing their ways of working on the squad.   Hope this translates into much more direct football, much better defending, much more combative and creative midfield, and much improved goal-scoring strike force......with wins as the end product.   

Miller was in the dugout for the U20's match

Just me who feels a bit meh about these?

We always talk about how YouTube clips can make anybody look good - well to me these vidoes are exactly the same.

I'll wait and see what happens on the park before I start talking about how much better the training is now when in reality I have no idea how good or bad it was under Warburton and before I start getting all hyped up over some carefully edited vidoes released by the club.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We always talk about how YouTube clips can make anybody look good - well to these vidoes are exactly the same.

I'll wait and see what happens on the park before I start talking about how much better the training is now when in reality I have no idea how good or bad it was under Warburton and before I start getting all hyped up over some carefully edited vidoes released by the club.

But those youtube videos are usually a compilation made over someones entire career.

This is one day. So although we can't take a huge amount from it if we're being sensible, it is still nice to see a manager with common sense, finally doing things that were not done by our previous manager - and that frustrated the hell out of us.

So no, I feel great watching these vids. :happy:

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We always talk about how YouTube clips can make anybody look good - well to these vidoes are exactly the same.

Don't see many posters talking up the training or getting hyped up. More just comments on the videos, players coaches etc.  Honestly, cheer up, FFS :happy: