Minutes Applause

ally62

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Maybe the club should do a couple of pages in the last match programme at the end of the season with the names listed of all the fans who have passed away. Families can just get in touch with the club requesting their loved ones name be included etc. An end of season obituary. There can then be a 2 minutes silence at the last home game of the season to mark our respect etc

Excellent idea and far better than the confusion for those who are not privy to the reason why there are random minutes applause during games.

2 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Excellent idea and far better than the confusion for those who are not privy to the reason why there are random minutes applause during games.

Yeh the majority of the time you get people around you have no idea why others are clapping which is a shame yet these things aren't official so how are they to know 

I don't agree with holding a minutes applause whenever one of our fans pass away unless it's under exceptional circumstances such as the fan who was killed when the supporters bus crashed recently. With us having such a large support there would be at least a couple of rounds of applause in most matches if we had to pay respects to every good bear who passed away.

7 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Maybe the club should do a couple of pages in the last match programme at the end of the season with the names listed of all the fans who have passed away. Families can just get in touch with the club requesting their loved ones name be included etc. An end of season obituary. There can then be a 2 minutes silence at the last home game of the season to mark our respect etc

That is an excellent idea, bear in mind we have 100's of thousands of "fans" all over, situations will arise regularly when our fellow fans depart this earth, every single one worth a mention.

With a little paragraph of their life following  our club. 

8 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Now your talking. Excellent idea.

Maybe D'Art could take this back to the fans group and propose it.

9 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

That is an excellent idea

Very sad. Condolences to his family and friends.

Perhaps not the time to discuss it, but I'm uttrely against a minutes' applause over a minutes' silence.

There is absolutely no novelty in applauding for a minute inside a football stadium; nothing unique is being achieved in appreciation of the person. In some cases, I also feel as if it's being used to drown-out potential disruptions.

Being absolutely silent for an entire minute is the ultimate tribute. 50,000 fans, but not a peep.

Big 'Barra' was in my class at school , so I've obviously known him man & boy. Bumped into him countless times at games over the years. Great big guy & a real Rangers man. 

Regarding the debate over a minutes applause / minutes silence, if the big man had a choice he'd be more concerned about Rangers getting the 3 points more than anything else tomorrow. Thats how much Rangers  meant to him .........

David Barrowman (known as Big Barra)

Sincere condolences to his family and many friends. A real bluenose who was taken far too young. 

Sadly, there's been quite a few supporters passing way recently as some have mentioned in this thread. I'd just like to add that I'm sure Big Davie was as much a supporter as anyone is on this forum and indeed, as much as anyone who will be there at Ibrox on Saturday to applaude him. Respect to 'The Big Man'.

I added the photo of Davie as it's always good to put a face to the name in this situation. I trust nobody will object to me doing so from the FF forum.

Big Davie.jpg

17 hours ago, pcbear said:

That is an excellent idea, bear in mind we have 100's of thousands of "fans" all over, situations will arise regularly when our fellow fans depart this earth, every single one worth a mention.

With a little paragraph of their life following  our club. 

It probably merits a couple of pages 'In Memoriam' for every home match programme with a short obituary for each fan. 3 or 4 pages if necessary. There's alot of repeated filler guff in most programmes that should make way for something more worthwhile like this. I think it would be well received by The Rangers family.