Pedro Caixinha has told his Rangers players they will see the devil

Smile

20 minutes ago, DerKlos said:

Imagine yer boss coming into your office and saying "if you try and so something the opposite way from what I want, you will see the devil in front of you. You will see the devil in the human body".

Lets be serious you'd wait till he was out the room and pish yourself laughing with your colleagues. 

All sounds a bit OTT to me.

Depends how he comes across. You wouldn't laugh if it was mourinho, SAF or Walter.  If it was tony Mowbray or Brendan Rodgers then you'd laugh all day

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, DerKlos said:

Imagine yer boss coming into your office and saying "if you try and so something the opposite way from what I want, you will see the devil in front of you. You will see the devil in the human body".

Lets be serious you'd wait till he was out the room and pish yourself laughing with your colleagues. 

Probably sounds more effective in Portuguese, loses a bit in translation.

Bottom line is if you don't do as he says no more mr nice guy. Which makes a change from holding their hands and better luck next time.

Basically translates to don't fuck with me.

Hopefully his body language and tone makes it clear in no uncertain terms that he means what he says.

Hopefully he gets the blend right. If you are too hard on the players all the time you'll be chased out soon enough but not hard enough and you lose their respect a la Warburton.

Its bold and strong words and exactly the kind of character we need in the dressing room given the last 5 years.

FFS .... the Scottish Press .....  :rofl: .... Is there no one at Ibrox capable of vetting this type of thing and putting PC wise to them.

Hmmm! ...... I'm not sure that's the best interview he has done or will do in the future .... seems to me he is desperately wanting people to know more about him than we really need to know.

All this guff about "when I was in Mexico" and "when I was a student" does not fill me with any inspiration whatsoever ..... football wise ...... all it tells me is that he is not entirely confident in his own abilities if he continually has to talk about them ..... all this hearts and minds stuff? ..... sure change the players mentality, but just do it mate ... that will be enough. 

I don't want to hear about his life experiences ..... I just simply want him to make things work on the park .... all this personal revelation into his psyche is actually of no relevance ..... this article reads like a Hello magazine .... "Expose of Pedro" ..... "What's really on Pedro's Mind?" ..... "Pedro reveals what he is really all about" ..... "Pedro tells us about his dark side"..... Ooooooh!

FFS what will it be next week ..... "Pedro reveals his secret recipe for Portuguese cuisine" ..... "Pedro let's us all into a little secret he uses in the kitchen .... how to boil an egg in two minutes rather than three" ...... :p:

Just get out onto the park and put the three points on the table and continue in that fashion .... that's what you are here for .... just do that for us and you will be a hero mate.

:UK:

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

FFS .... the Scottish Press .....  :rofl: .... Is there no one at Ibrox capable of vetting this type of thing and putting PC wise to them.

Hmmm! ...... I'm not sure that's the best interview he has done or will do in the future .... seems to me he is desperately wanting people to know more about him than we really need to know.

All this guff about "when I was in Mexico" and "when I was a student" does not fill me with any inspiration whatsoever ..... football wise ...... all it tells me is that he is not entirely confident in his own abilities if he continually has to talk about them ..... all this hearts and minds stuff? ..... sure change the players mentality, but just do it mate ... that will be enough. 

I don't want to hear about his life experiences ..... I just simply want him to make things work on the park .... all this personal revelation into his psyche is actually of no relevance ..... this article reads like a Hello magazine .... "Expose of Pedro" ..... "What's really on Pedro's Mind?" ..... "Pedro reveals what he is really all about" ..... "Pedro tells us about his dark side"..... Ooooooh!

FFS what will it be next week ..... "Pedro reveals his secret recipe for Portuguese cuisine" ..... "Pedro let's us all into a little secret he uses in the kitchen .... how to boil an egg in two minutes rather than three" ...... :p:

Just get out onto the park and put the three points on the table and continue in that fashion .... that's what you are here for .... just do that for us and you will be a hero mate.

He's a passionate guy.. i quite like it!!

2 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Depends how he comes across. You wouldn't laugh if it was mourinho, SAF or Walter.  If it was tony Mowbray or Brendan Rodgers then you'd laugh all day

Therein lies the rub. Scottish psyche laughing at everything and being basically pish at a lot of things, especially football. Some people need a bollocking.

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

He's a passionate guy.. i quite like it!!

Fine mate .... I accept your point.

But for me his passion should be about two things only ... the team and winning results .... his inner private thoughts should be just that mate ... private.

All this metro-sexual shit might work in other fields .... but it has no place on a football field.

We can't wax lyrical then ridicule the previous / past managements' sound bites .... and then blindly fall into the same trap once again with the latest group's outpourings ... because if we don't actually "Learn from this", a la MW ..... then like history teaches us ..... we will continue to repeat the same mistakes again and again and be blinded by bullshit.

Seems to me he's starting to put down his markers - some of them in public and I guess most of them in private with the players.   No messing.  No nonsense.  Say it as he sees it.  Hopefully to be backed up by doing what he says (or more to the point getting players to do what he says).

And in doing so letting some of these markers be known to the Support and to the media.   A bit of it being 'I've arrived with my team, I'm in charge, I'm looking to make big strides in improving the side............and the players need to know which way is up under this change of management.'    And if the players choose to shout at the devil then expect some devastatingly deadly verbal fire - and more - in return.   All in the name of restoring the Club to the level of performance that a Club of Rangers' stature demands.

The players will I hope welcome the opportunity to lift their game and respond with the sort of fight, heart, bravery .......and wins ......we all want to see.

I remember when Warburton was a 'breath of fresh air' when he came in with his attitude towards fitness (oh how we loved tales of hydration levels). Every fucker is keen as mustard when they start a new job, let's see how he gets on for a month or 2 before we all start lauding him.

3 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Basically translates to don't fuck with me.

Hopefully his body language and tone makes it clear in no uncertain terms that he means what he says.

Hopefully he gets the blend right. If you are too hard on the players all the time you'll be chased out soon enough but not hard enough and you lose their respect a la Warburton.

Its bold and strong words and exactly the kind of character we need in the dressing room given the last 5 years.

I don't think they respected Warburton either to be honest. 

"I trained well and he just sees it as three points lost big fucking deal, nandos Harry?"

9 hours ago, JR said:

I always got the feeling with Warburton that he felt if the players practiced enough, trained enough then things will fall into place... eventually. Almost like it would happen because good things eventually come round to good people. That's why he stuck to his game plan, even if it wasn't working, someday, it'll come good. 

This guy, on the other hand, looks like he's driving the players on. Daring them and pushing them to be better. Identify what they lack and push them to change it up. He appears to be looking for a system that he can employ using the players he has until he can add his own. In the meantime, players will press high up the pitch and not give anyone any peace. We will mix it up when we have the ball and hunt in packs when we don't. 

It's early days and I won't get carried away but I know which approach I want my Rangers to adopt and so far Pedro is ticking all the right boxes. 

Fantastic post. First paragraph is the best thing I've read on here this year. Makes so much sense.

Fine mate .... I accept your point.

But for me his passion should be about two things only ... the team and winning results .... his inner private thoughts should be just that mate ... private.

All this metro-sexual shit might work in other fields .... but it has no place on a football field.

We can't wax lyrical then ridicule the previous / past managements' sound bites .... and then blindly fall into the same trap once again with the latest group's outpourings ... because if we don't actually "Learn from this", a la MW ..... then like history teaches us ..... we will continue to repeat the same mistakes again and again and be blinded by bullshit.

Its obviously different if it works, though. Like he said.. its his DNA...its how he is! 

7 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Its obviously different if it works, though. Like he said.. its his DNA...its how he is! 

Agreed mate .... that will be the proof of the pudding ... Don't get me wrong, I want him obviously to give us the bite we are lacking and to bring us back to the top.

It may well be in his DNA .... that's all well and good ... perhaps I'm a wee bit old school, in that, although I embrace all the new training methods and building up of a team's mentality .... I still expect to see the results of the process on the field.

So when PC has had a spell to transfer his methods into success ....and on a regular basis .... then I will undoubtably follow with the same enthusiasm. 

I make no bones I am sceptical of him .... as I am with the DOF position .... but nevertheless wish him the best of luck with us .... it's just some of the content of this puff piece made me think he should have left some of the personal details out of the equation.

It must be in my DNA .... It's how I am! ..... :lol:  

Agreed mate .... that will be the proof of the pudding ... Don't get me wrong, I want him obviously to give us the bite we are lacking and to bring us back to the top.

It may well be in his DNA .... that's all well and good ... perhaps I'm a wee bit old school, in that, although I embrace all the new training methods and building up of a team's mentality .... I still expect to see the results of the process on the field.

So when PC has had a spell to transfer his methods into success ....and on a regular basis .... then I will undoubtably follow with the same enthusiasm. 

I make no bones I am sceptical of him .... as I am with the DOF position .... but nevertheless wish him the best of luck with us .... it's just some of the content of this puff piece made me think he should have left some of the personal details out of the equation.

It must be in my DNA .... It's how I am! ..... :lol:  

Indeed. Different cultures. 

We have a saying here in the Faroe Islands that are quite similar to what he was trying to put across with the devil stuff.. up here we say.. "if you dont do as I tell you, the devil will be cut loose"... translated into English it doesnt sound, or have the same effect, as it does in Faroese.. Basically means I will go mental at you. Things get lost in translation and Im sure what he said is something similar to what it means up here.

57 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Indeed. Different cultures. 

We have a saying here in the Faroe Islands that are quite similar to what he was trying to put across with the devil stuff.. up here we say.. "if you dont do as I tell you, the devil will be cut loose"... translated into English it doesnt sound, or have the same effect, as it does in Faroese.. Basically means I will go mental at you. Things get lost in translation and Im sure what he said is something similar to what it means up here.

:lol:

No doubt mate .... I understand the connection to similar meanings in different cultures can be lost in the telling .... when it is translated into another language ... it either comes off as being dull when it is meant to be exciting .... flat when meant to be funny etc. ..... but they mean the same thing really ... just not in another language .... :lol:

I think ... well at least I hope .... that his body language will play more of a role in getting the performances he desires from the players ... along the lines of "A picture tells a thousand stories" kind of message .... but I think his communicating skills in English are well above average ... and he will get through to the team easily. 

Hopefully he will get a good response from the team tomorrow ... and I will have to re-assess my previous opinion ..... In saying that I have stated in other posts my intention to give him time to get the ball rolling so to speak ... and won't be too disappointed if he finds it hard to be consistent with this squad of players.

Next season is where I feel he will have more than a working knowledge of where we are going ... that's when the gloves will come off among our support if he cannot deliver the goods .... and as Jonok has said above .... he will have 50,000 Blue Devils breathing down his neck ..... :lol: 

7 hours ago, DerKlos said:

Players don't work in an office though do they?

I work in the building trade, if a boss sets targets and wants things done a certain way you do it or you don't get your bonus.

You don't snigger and laugh like a shitebag once his back is turned.

If you are going to laugh you do it to his face.

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

For now .................

No doubt when he goes on his first bad spell I will react different but I'm enjoying this period of not knowing much about him or the system he plays, it's very exciting