Warburton claims he left the club in a good position

Rambo1872

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day -- he met his remit, he got us back up.

This season wasn't what we all expected / hoped for -- but he was second for the bulk of it, and had us on course for Europe. The Scum are having a one-off season and we could've spent about £50m and not caught them.

At the end of the day, his downfall was his unwillingness to change, receptiveness to criticism and unconvincing/unvaried transfer policy.

He wasn't a success. He wasn't a rip roaring disaster either. 

I think we are in a better position that when he took over and I was always highly critical of him. It hard to judge how he would have done if he's had the same money to spend as previous Managers as some players were clearly not his first choice.

I was glad he left and wanted him away for quite a while as i didn't think he had what it takes to be a Rangers manager.

10 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Guys a fucking balloon . He's a Youth coach nothing more. Consigned to history as a mistake let's move on .

:tu: A very long a painful mistake

His big game away record  was a scandal in itself . The final , the lc sf and 1-5 loss should always be attached to this man

Instincts are not often wrong.So many bears wanted him gone after cup final . That's with us winning the league .

That surely says something

Warburton proved to be a good organiser and administrator and he also left a very fit squad at Ibrox. Unfortunately his football philosophy was naive and rigid and his neglect of basic defending coupled with a lack of end product up front were his downfall. I'll give him 6.5/10 , though he'll lose these points should he continue with his shameful compensation claim. How the fuck can they expect compensation from Rangers yet ask that the board didn't  exercise their right to compensation from any hypothetical club who coincidentally happened to be Forest at the time and Forest in reality !

Just now, ianferguson said:

Warburton proved to be a good organiser and administrator and he also left a very fit squad at Ibrox. Unfortunately his football philosophy was naive and rigid and his neglect of basic defending coupled with a lack of end product up front were his downfall. I'll give him 6.5/10 , though he'll lose these points should he continue with his shameful compensation claim. How the fuck can they expect compensation from Rangers yet ask that the board didn't  exercise their right to compensation from any hypothetical club who coincidentally happened to be Forest at the time and Forest in reality !

Goes down as the second worst Manager in Rangers history in my book . Still a little short of Ally

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Goes down as the second worst Manager in Rangers history in my book . Still a little short of Ally

Nonsense. 

There were far worse, with much better resources that MW. Our first season back in the SPL is completely unprecedented. 

He had many flaws, but ultimately after a season where we failed to get promoted or win the Challenge cup (for the 3rd time!) we:

- Cantered the league

- Won the challenge cup

- Beat the filth in the SC

He hasn't done a good job, but he improved us significantly. Up to Pedro to take us to the next level. 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Paul le guen by a mile for me , poor players ,poor results and a squad of demoralised players happy to see the back of him. MCCoist second worst for leaving an unfit team of long ball merchants and Warburton for his lack of experience. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Nonsense. 

There were far worse, with much better resources that MW. Our first season back in the SPL is completely unprecedented. 

He had many flaws, but ultimately after a season where we failed to get promoted or win the Challenge cup (for the 3rd time!) we:

- Cantered the league

- Won the challenge cup

- Beat the filth in the SC

He hasn't done a good job, but he improved us significantly. Up to Pedro to take us to the next level. 

Winning the challenge cup shouldn't even be mentioned when talking about what he done and he won a penalty shoot-out against the filth after drawing with them.

20 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Winning the challenge cup shouldn't even be mentioned when talking about what he done and he won a penalty shoot-out against the filth after drawing with them.

The challenge cup ??

I never hated PLG .He had honour and knew when time was up .

Wheras this man thinks the Sun shines out of his own arse 

He's left behind a wage bill of a fair few no-hopers which is draining the club.  He hasn't signed any young players that will make us money outwith big Wes. No good young defenders, midfielders or attackers. He's talking pish in fact.

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

It should be mentioned as it was frequently used to beat McCoist over the head with plus it is another piece of silverware, that first half against them was his best performance against any of the top league teams, it really was the moment his stature grew somewhat and Rangers with it. Had Nicky Law closed down Tierney for the second that game would not have ended a draw imo, thing is in the final his deficiency was prevalent once again winning 2 - 1 with less than 15 to go, changes nothing in regards formation to defend a lead and bang the bottle crashes. Took me long in enough to take my magic hat off but when I look back there was plenty of evidence to see what was coming. Winning 2 nothing against Falkirk at half time springs to mind, we were unplayable in that first half could easily been 4 or 5 up but somehow managed to lose that 3 - 2. Refusal to change tactics was M W downfall imo

26 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Why? He still won it when McCoist failed for the 3 previous seasons. 

And given we were in the Championship at the time, and the filth were onto 4 in a row, knocking them out with that level of performance was a phenomenal achievement at the time. If he'd gone on to win the SC the semi would be looked upon as one of our most historic ever results IMO. It only isn't because he fucked the final. 

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The challenge cup ??

I never hated PLG .He had honour and knew when time was up .

Wheras this man thinks the Sun shines out of his own arse 

He does. And I think he's a prick. But let's no rewrite history to suit the agenda. 

Wouldn't have been hard to improve on Ally, he also blew a cup final and staggered over the line in the championship losing to all our main rivals away from home. 

Even with the mhanks having a good season we are battling for second with a shit Aberdeen team. 

The Warburton reign was a disaster let's hope Pedro can pick up the pieces. 

1 minute ago, thebluedoo said:

It should be mentioned as it was frequently used to beat McCoist over the head with plus it is another piece of silverware, that first half against them was his best performance against any of the top league teams, it really was the moment his stature grew somewhat and Rangers with it. Had Nicky Law closed down Tierney for the second that game would not have ended a draw imo, thing is in the final his deficiency was prevalent once again winning 2 - 1 with less than 15 to go, changes nothing in regards formation to defend a lead and bang the bottle crashes. Took me long in enough to take my magic hat off but when I look back there was plenty of evidence to see what was coming. Winning 2 nothing against Falkirk at half time springs to mind, we were unplayable in that first half could easily been 4 or 5 up but somehow managed to lose that 3 - 2. Refusal to change tactics was M W downfall imo

There were quite a few sticks ,stones and fireplaces to hit him over the head with mate