Warburton claims he left the club in a good position

Rambo1872

Just now, eejay the dj said:

There were quite a few sticks ,stones and fireplaces to hit him over the head with mate 

I know that but that one was quoted pretty much regularly, couldn't even win the Ramsdens cup I seem to remember. I still think we should be happy enough we won as Rangers are all about winning trophies after all. In the pecking order probably just behind the old Glasgow cup and in front of the tennents sixes :mutley:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth of how good a position we were left in will be shown by how many of "his" team are retained or are playing next season. Whilst this doesn't allow for improvements PC may make to the current squads ability it may still show that the team built by MW is exactly what a lot of us suspect, a bag of shite that couldn't go to Tynecastle, began letting the sheep put distance between us, and dropped 30+ points behind the scum.

A brutally disappointing second season that he didn't anticipate and was too stubborn to accept. But in all fairness. He's left us in a better position that when he joined. I'd thank him for that and then move on. We are moving into a new era now. Time to look ahead.

He did have a successful first season and deserves our thanks for giving us a good feel factor that year. He was a breath of fresh air. and should be proud of that season. Unfortunately he totally underestimated the SPL, we became stale on the park and he didn't know how to change things. Overall he fucked things up for himself and the team. He and the other two knew it and tried to bail out, and now he's probably found his optimal level at Forest. I've no doubt Pedro will do a better job. 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Mince.

It's a fair comment actually.

He achieved the minimum expectation of getting promotion which is fair enough. However he made an arse of the Scottish Cup final and was obviously out his depth in the Premiership leaving us miles behind the scum.

Not to mention majority of his signings have been failures unless Caixinha can somehow get the best out of them. 

fuck up warburton

you bought shite. backed or not you cannot tell me that after an entire fucking summer, the best you could come up with was SENDEROS. After the amount of total SHITE that bastard spoke about promoting youth, adding value on and off the park, keeping a hungry squad  - all you did "warbs" was make a cunt of the biggest job you will ever, ever get

hope you get relegated and get sacked and never work in management again. fucking disgrace. fuck off. and fuck you weir. 

Improved yes but successful no.

His philosophy of having the right footballing system for long term success failed on two fronts.

1. The players, many his signings, we're not good enough.

2. He took his eye off the ball short term and accepted performances and results unacceptable to Rangers.

I think we will see benefits from his restructuring youth (his true forte) in the months / years ahead.

I've moved on easily, looking forward to Pedro's reign and hopeful successes MW couldn't bring.

15 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

He left us behind the sheep ffs, brutal manager.

I'm not disputing that this season has been disappointing, but saying he did a terrible job is just utter garbage. A terrible job would be not getting promoted or not being in the top half of the table this season even.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

What you on about ?agenda 

You don't have talk shite sometimes 

Ok maybe agenda is the wrong word, but let's not pretend that everything he's done was shite and an absolute disaster, just because he's largely failed this year and the tried to snake his way to a new club. 

He made plenty of positive steps, won trophies, stopped the filth in the cup, and brought our infrastructure and professionalism forward after being neglected so badly by McCoist. 

20 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

It's a fair comment actually.

He achieved the minimum expectation of getting promotion which is fair enough. However he made an arse of the Scottish Cup final and was obviously out his depth in the Premiership leaving us miles behind the scum.

Not to mention majority of his signings have been failures unless Caixinha can somehow get the best out of them. 

My direct response covers why I think it's mince.