Warburton claims he left the club in a good position

Rambo1872

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from hoping Hibs fail in every step they take I am now also, secretly, but not really in secret, looking for Forrest to crash into the relegation zone which they are merely one loss away from. Go on Warbs, show us what a totally one-dimensional loser you so utterly are. 

My nose got the better of me and i had a browse on a forest forum just to see what other fans impressions of him are. Apparently we are delusioal and that that he is a good manager ? this thread even got quoted so we have had a few forest snoopers reading. 

http://www.forestfans.net/index.php?/topic/20401-mark-warburton-announced/

6 minutes ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

Forest are a no mark club with wank fans hanging onto the coat tails of Sky money.

Not really true though is it?

They (historically) have won trophies. A 'bigger' club than Chelsea, Man City and others with billionaire owners and no soul. 

Warburton is a wank, but it doesn't mean Nottingham Forest drop to his level.

1 minute ago, M0NTY said:

There hoping mcparland will find a few "gems" ? heard that one before

:lol:

Him being a Scouser ... he will have no problems finding a few "gems" mate ..... safe-cracking Is part of the Liverpool "education" system ... and I'm sure wee Frankie will have his masters degree in this area .... :p: 

:UK:

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not really true though is it?

They (historically) have won trophies. A 'bigger' club than Chelsea, Man City and others with billionaire owners and no soul. 

Warburton is a wank, but it doesn't mean Nottingham Forest drop to his level.

This. They are entitled to their opinions and i am sure sooner rather than later they will see what a catastrophe he really is. 

MW is a lower league manager. We were deceived by that and they will too. Glad he's gone. 

31 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

My nose got the better of me and i had a browse on a forest forum just to see what other fans impressions of him are. Apparently we are delusioal and that that he is a good manager ? this thread even got quoted so we have had a few forest snoopers reading. 

http://www.forestfans.net/index.php?/topic/20401-mark-warburton-announced/

To be fair to them we done the exact same when that Brentford defender called him out for how hopeless he really was. Also remember a few Brentford fans getting it tight after warning us about the fraud.

Forest fans will come round soon enough when they wake up and their club is sitting in League 1 :lol:

1 hour ago, RD.1872 said:

To be fair to them we done the exact same when that Brentford defender called him out for how hopeless he really was. Also remember a few Brentford fans getting it tight after warning us about the fraud.

Forest fans will come round soon enough when they wake up and their club is sitting in League 1 :lol:

Still in a good position  when he leaves but

1 hour ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

Forest are a no mark club with wank fans hanging onto the coat tails of Sky money.

They won the European Cup two years in a row 1st one v Malmo who had Robert Prytz playing for them and Forest had a young Chris Woods on the bench.

Well he certainly didn't leave us in a good position but maybe just maybe he has left us with a platform that Pedro can build upon.

Certain players have failed to cut it but this could be a combination of bad management and players playing out of position under the wrong instructions and bad tactics.

I understand that players like Keirnan, Halliday and MOH to name but a few are no where near good enough (or were not good enough under W&W) however maybe with a change of management and a bit of confidence we can see these players flourish and build the foundations of a better squad.

Forest have a tremendous history. Their problem is the same as many English clubs, they're happy to just stay in the same mid to bottom table positions and collect a big cheque from TV money, they don't have aspirations like we do, which is why Warburton is a decent appointment for them.

Forrest are a bit like Aberdeen, relevant 30 years ago. They're happy with mid table mediocrity and that basically includes don't lose at home, anything away is seen as a bonus. That's the way MW seen it here and the reason why he didn't leave us in a good position. It wasn't really hard to be in a better position than the debacle the season before was it.

On 17/03/2017 at 0:34 PM, RDFM said:

I'm sure Adolf Hitler would say he left Germany in a good position too.

(Yes I am comparing being behind Aberdeen and Celtic in the league to Nazi Germany and what it caused)

Would have left them in a better position had he won ?

And the rest of the world ?

4 hours ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

Can't stand this arrogant 'no mark club' pish that gets trotted out from time to time. 

Good club saddled with a poor head coach. They'll soon feel the reality of that.

Going by their forums though, they don't seem to understand why he was a failure at us. Stuff like 'Rangers fans must be deluded if they thought anything better than second to Celtic was achievable.' Clearly don't know what they're talking about.

To explain to Forest fans, firstly, we're likely to finish third with a budget that says we should be a comfortable second. Then it's the regression of the players, the poor, poor tactical setup, some diabolical individual results, diabolical signings, indications (from the players) that he didn't deal with players well in terms of man management, the lack of tactical ability to affect a game. Some of these you have to watch our games to understand how bad it became. Also the fact that pretty much everybody, from pundits to fans, have said that we were better set up and prepared under our temporary coach, a youth coach, no less. 

If a Forest fan just looks at our league position and decides we're delusional for thinking he did a terrible job, they're missing the point and need to admit that they probably don't actually know what they're talking about, having watched little of our games.

I think he left us in good shape - the players will prove from now till the end of the season that they have what it takes to play at Rangers - a tweak in formation and a few players added and we will be good for better season next year. 

If these players improve under Pedro it will show what a bad manager warburton is.. 

his vision for how the game should be played is very good but I don't think he's capable of implementing it into any squad he has.  Then comes his pure arrogance on formation and his ever presents in the line up.  Rangers have never gone to Celtic park in my supporting life and played an expansive 4-3-3 or attempted it. It's just something that can't be done in a derby game of that magnitude.  

We should've however been able to beat Ross county and killie etc with that set up but if after 30 mins it's not working a good manager would change it.   I think in 6-8 months the forest fans will want him and his cronies out as no matter what he says in interviews about history etc the man just doesn't have what it takes to manage bigger clubs.

I don't hate Warburton, he seems a genuinely nice guy. I'm sure he tried his best while here as well but unfortunately he just didn't have the ability to tactically alter a game or to set up differently depending on the opponent. I also feel while he was stubbornly sticking to his system his signings weren't the appropriate ones to play to that system.

I have no doubt that some players we have written off, Garner for one, will end up looking like good players under Pedro's direct football. Early crosses will suit Garner well who's strong in the air rather than this tippy tappy shite while we wait for the opposition to flood the box and have 11 men behind the ball.

Edit:

Hell, I'm even going to say that Mo'H will play some good games before this season is finished.

Fuck this hoping Forest get relegated pish. I hope Warburton and Weir do well with them. Despite his snake like shite at the end of his tenure, he was a class act and a good honorable man 99% of his time with us. It takes a strong gut to keep fending off the rabidness of the Scottish Mhedia and it did get to him. But overall Warburton gets my best wishes and I hope he can get Forest up into the Premier League next season. 

He certainly left us in a much better place than when he arrived that's for certainty.