Gordon Smith DOF?

AGC123

What do you guys think? (Apologies if this is board room chat) 

knows the scottish game inside out. Yeah he was taken in by green so were the majority of us and sir walter. 

Held the post albeit briefly but a man of integrity and honer.

And anyone thinking dodgey appt look at craig lavinge. A hand grenade of a manager, dof done not to bad at hearts. 

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

Linked today but rumour, left the last time as soon as he had a grasp of what was going on, threw his name in the hat today  

So has he put himself forward or is there rumours he will be getting it? I'm so fucking confused this thread is a shit show

Tenuous link maybe but, done it before, left under the rouge regime. Accomplished statesman. Left as soon as he smelt a rat. Never said a bad word about the club he loves, 

thats my colours nailed to the mast gets my vote. 

1 hour ago, AGC123 said:

What do you guys think? (Apologies if this is board room chat) 

knows the scottish game inside out. Yeah he was taken in by green so were the majority of us and sir walter. 

Held the post albeit briefly but a man of integrity and honer.

And anyone thinking dodgey appt look at craig lavinge. A hand grenade of a manager, dof done not to bad at hearts. 

Avril's brother?

Just a wee story about Gordon Smith . 

When he was introduced by Charles Green , not sure if it was DoF , but my son , who'd would have been about 15 at the time emailed him about possible signings that may have suited us given the circumstances at the time . My wife and I knew nothing about this until he proudly showed us GS 's reply . To which , GS , realising this was just a young fan , thanked him for his ideas , and though some would have been over our budget , he would pass the information on to the scouting department .  Furthermore , he invited my son to Murray Park to discuss his ideas over a ' coffee ' once he had settled in . Sadly , a few weeks later he left , so it never materialised . 

Anyway , my point is , though I have all the time in the world for Gordon Smith for personal reasons , we can't afford sentimentality . 

If we are going to go down the route of a DoF , we need to pick someone who is already doing it . Someone who is proven at it , and already has compilation of potential signings , we can't afford the time for someone starting from scratch . 

55 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

So being a panelist on Peter and Roughies STV Glasgow show is valuable experience for being a DOF!! No chance, actually just sums up poorly thought out the DoF role is for the club. I still do not think we should go down this route at all.

So a guy who has played football in 4 countries, worked as an football agent, been a director of football before as well as having been the chief executive of the SFA and is deeply knowledgeable about the game in Scotland isn't qualified for the job??? :confused:

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As I alluded to earlier in the thread, he has no interest in taking the role nor any desire to return to full time football. 

I quite like the idea of DoF , do you think we'll still go for it ?  I just get the sense that now RW knocked it back , wel'll not bother with it .