Pedro and Murty

1NachoNovo

Just wondering what you guys think of both of them working together in the dug out today. Murty looked very involved from what I seen.

Is Murty going to be a regular in the dug out and working with the first team on a permanent basis?

Was he just there to give info to Pedro to make the transition a bit easier?

Or do you think Murty is going to get the assistants job?

Just now, 1NachoNovo said:

Just wondering what you guys think of both of them working together in the dug out today. Murty looked very involved from what I seen.

Is Murty going to be a regular in the dug out and working with the first team on a permanent basis?

Was he just there to give info to Pedro to make the transition a bit easier?

Or do you think Murty is going to get the assistants job?

I think they are trying to appoint 'an assistant' but he already has his main assistant.

Its basically a local coach they want, as the number 2 is already in place.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think they are trying to appoint 'an assistant' but he already has his main assistant.

Its basically a local coach they want, as the number 2 is already in place.

I get that. But, if Murty has went back to the 20's, then why was he so involved today?

2 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

I get that. But, if Murty has went back to the 20's, then why was he so involved today?

For precisely the reason he wants a local assistant. Murty will likely stand in until one is appointed. Wouldn't read into it too much.

Just now, CoopsLaud said:

Just delighted everything worked so well today

Would be more than happy to see Murty as the local assistant.

Good times ahead.

The fact Murty had a good influence on the team before Pedro and then looked so comfortable working with Pedro in the dug out. It's a no brainer for me.

And as VVL said, Miller to take over the 20's. That would also be a good move.

We shouldn't underplay the U20's coaching role (I'm sure noone at the club is). Given we appear to have zip in the way of a scouting system, I'd be more than happy if Caixinha is priming him with a philosophy to take to the U20's.

De Boer had a rant about this whilst at Rangers - a lack of playing philosophy & system which youngsters could aspire to.  

pedro hasnt gotten to know the squad yet, nor they him.  who else to do the hand over other than Murty.  of course he was involved today, happy he never just stood with his hands in his pockets.

Murty has an important role with the u20s and he can get back to that when PC feels his transition is complete

6 minutes ago, Misteral said:

To me, unless he has a game on, the U-20s coach should always be in the dug out when the first team play. It makes perfect sense and can only benefit him

Agreed, but being on the bench and being involved are 2 different things.

Murty knows the squad and has worked with them, fully expect it to be a warm handover period then Murty will go back to the development squad

Pedro has only been in a week so taking advice off Murty is a very sensible and intelligent thing to do

It made every sense at every level  to have Murty involved in the dugout today- on a personal note I thought it was a nice touch and demonstrates publicly that Murty has been rightly recognised for his endeavours and success in handling what for many could have been an impossible position.