UB incident?

graeme_4

15 minutes ago, Willis said:

I have to say I can't stand the megaphone. Since when is a megaphone needed to get a crowd singing? They've just seen videos of better ultras using them and copied, everything about the whole ultras culture is just copied and there's nothing unique about it at all.

We have a fantastic fan culture and history I see no need in just copycating European teams because it's cool to do so

And I dislike when the megaphone guys giving it "stand up and fuckin sing!" Etc like he thinks he's the bloody ticket or something. I don't like shite atmospheres either but everyone's payed to get in and it's upto them if they want to sing or not,  not some uber hero with a megaphone

I like the displays and most of the songs but I don't see why they need this whole plastic generic ultras nonsense as we've been a proud and famous fan base who have had stadiums across Europe bouncing long long before the whole poofy ultras culture came about

I think it's used so the guy doesn't lose his voice after 10 minutes trying to shout around BF1 to be fair. Everything reverberating around the stands is copied to a degree as well not just the ultra culture. Every player chant ever sung from any club for example was copied from somewhere else and lyrics changed to fit their needs (with the exception of a few original chants) 

Of course we have a fantastic fan culture and one we're all proud of but where we are right now wouldn't exactly get the stadium rocking like it used to. European nights or title races will obviously take care of themselves and I'm not sitting here saying we need the UB for these games to have an atmosphere. 

BUT games like yesterday and many others wouldn't of had an atmosphere like that without the UB (not saying it was big game level by any means) but there was SOME atmosphere. Without a group dedicated to continually singing we'd only be singing as a reaction to events on the pitch. Examples: Waghorn's on fire after a goal, Garner's song when he's subbed on or gets a touch, no surrender when there's handbags or we concede and the odd blue sea of Ibrox chorus started by the Copland. (I'm not including old firms, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, important cup games in that because of course the fans do their bit in these games)

Even as poofy as you think it is you can't deny how much good exposure it can bring to a club if done well. Ajax were all over social media the other night for their fans. There's a video that racked up nearly half a million views in under 2 days of their fans on Thursday. You can sit here and say you don't care for what these people think about our club but half a million+ being exposed and enjoying that is nothing to scoff at. Chants, displays, marches.. there's a demand for that in football these days.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

How are we not getting behind the team and backing them? 

9000 went over to Germany for a friendly,we've filled every single ground we've visited in this country since 2012 and Ibrox has regularly had 40k+ for the majority of the last few years,when people thought the crowds would disappear when we got punted to the lower tiers.

The atmosphere has been shite at Ibrox for as long as I can remember and the decibel levels only rise for certain games,it's nothing new. And on the other hand we have arguably the best travelling support in Britain.

Bit laughable to say we don't back the team :lol:

Are you serious? :lol: surely not. Its been said umpteen times already that we are fantastic numbers wise, that much is obvious. Nobody is debating that so absolutely no idea why you're bringing it up. 

This thread and every debate that has came from it is allllllllll about the atmosphere and songs. 

"The atmosphere has been shite at Ibrox for as long as I can remember and the decibel levels only rise for certain games,it's nothing new." Exactly. Thats what we are talking about here. However just because its "nothing new" doesn't mean it should be accepted. Its shite and it needs to change.

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

How are we not getting behind the team and backing them? 

9000 went over to Germany for a friendly,we've filled every single ground we've visited in this country since 2012 and Ibrox has regularly had 40k+ for the majority of the last few years,when people thought the crowds would disappear when we got punted to the lower tiers.

The atmosphere has been shite at Ibrox for as long as I can remember and the decibel levels only rise for certain games,it's nothing new. And on the other hand we have arguably the best travelling support in Britain.

Bit laughable to say we don't back the team :lol:

No enough megaphones mate.

48 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The "ultras" culture is cringe worthy as fuck and the atmosphere at Ibrox wouldn't be any better or worse if the UB disappeared.  There's been a couple of decent banners/flag displays but other than that they bring absolutely nothing to the table IMO.

It's embarrassing how defensive some folk on here get whenever anyone shares this opinion.

It would 100% be worse if the UB disappeared for every game that doesn't carry meaning. 

1 minute ago, JamesRFC__ said:

It would 100% be worse if the UB disappeared for every game that doesn't carry meaning. 

Leave him be, he loves hearing the player shouts. It gets him going, extra blood pumping when he hears the seagulls flying over. 

1 hour ago, PRW. said:

We can talk all day about how we have a "proud and famous fanbase" but the bottom line is we are utterly shite at getting behind the team and creating an atmosphere right now in 2017. No point dwelling on how good we used to be.

Our away support still is easily one of the most vocal in Britain . Even this season when we have been shite the way fans have still being giving it laldy . 

10 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

I think it's used so the guy doesn't lose his voice after 10 minutes trying to shout around BF1 to be fair. Everything reverberating around the stands is copied to a degree as well not just the ultra culture. Every player chant ever sung from any club for example was copied from somewhere else and lyrics changed to fit their needs (with the exception of a few original chants) 

Of course we have a fantastic fan culture and one we're all proud of but where we are right now wouldn't exactly get the stadium rocking like it used to. European nights or title races will obviously take care of themselves and I'm not sitting here saying we need the UB for these games to have an atmosphere. 

BUT games like yesterday and many others wouldn't of had an atmosphere like that without the UB (not saying it was big game level by any means) but there was SOME atmosphere. Without a group dedicated to continually singing we'd only be singing as a reaction to events on the pitch. Examples: Waghorn's on fire after a goal, Garner's song when he's subbed on or gets a touch, no surrender when there's handbags or we concede and the odd blue sea of Ibrox chorus started by the Copland. (I'm not including old firms, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, important cup games in that because of course the fans do their bit in these games)

Even as poofy as you think it is you can't deny how much good exposure it can bring to a club if done well. Ajax were all over social media the other night for their fans. There's a video that racked up nearly half a million views in under 2 days of their fans on Thursday. You can sit here and say you don't care for what these people think about our club but half a million+ being exposed and enjoying that is nothing to scoff at. Chants, displays, marches.. there's a demand for that in football these days.

Why the poofy drum that ruins our songs????

11 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Are you serious? :lol: surely not. Its been said umpteen times already that we are fantastic numbers wise, that much is obvious. Nobody is debating that so absolutely no idea why you're bringing it up. 

This thread and every debate that has came from it is allllllllll about the atmosphere and songs. 

"The atmosphere has been shite at Ibrox for as long as I can remember and the decibel levels only rise for certain games,it's nothing new." Exactly. Thats what we are talking about here. However just because its "nothing new" doesn't mean it should be accepted. Its shite and it needs to change.

The UBs have been there for ten years,  they bring change slower than Dave King does

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Our away support still is easily one of the most vocal in Britain . Even this season when we have been shite the way fans have still being giving it laldy . 

Agreed mate. Down to the fact you've got RSCs and mates all stood together, far more likely to sing. And obviously bevy.

But the club needs to sort Ibrox out asap.

5 minutes ago, Willis said:

The UBs have been there for ten years,  they bring change slower than Dave King does

Would of brought faster change if they were allowed to. Pretty sure they had an expansion blocked a few years ago to the middle of the Broomloan which would of allowed the extra 5 or 6 hundred on the waiting list to become members. 

Just now, Three stripes said:

Do you honestly think it sounds good ???

I think it sounds as good as a drum can sound. I don't hate it and I don't turn up buzzing to hear it on a Saturday.  

Sing loud enough and you won't hear it. 

1 hour ago, Willis said:

I have to say I can't stand the megaphone. Since when is a megaphone needed to get a crowd singing? They've just seen videos of better ultras using them and copied, everything about the whole ultras culture is just copied and there's nothing unique about it at all.

We have a fantastic fan culture and history I see no need in just copycating European teams because it's cool to do so

And I dislike when the megaphone guys giving it "stand up and fuckin sing!" Etc like he thinks he's the bloody ticket or something. I don't like shite atmospheres either but everyone's payed to get in and it's upto them if they want to sing or not,  not some uber hero with a megaphone

I like the displays and most of the songs but I don't see why they need this whole plastic generic ultras nonsense as we've been a proud and famous fan base who have had stadiums across Europe bouncing long long before the whole poofy ultras culture came about

It's pretty simple really, a megaphone is used so the back of the section sings the same song as the front of the section and two songs don't start at once creating a rabble, which is what would happen in one section.

Aye, the megaphone is used to encourage people to sing cause they're fucking sitting in the SINGING SECTION :lol: It's so simple. If your in the section and not into then that's perfectly cool, probably shouldn't have chose to sit in the designated singing section though and probably should think about relocating, cause BF1 is anything but a good view.

For all the other posts about the drum, it is used to keep the section in time, it's completely common for songs to completely run away with people singing at different times. Not really what we would be after if we can help it so we use a drum and it works. Never heard so much pish in my life that a drum can ruin a football song.

If songs at the football started organically and were like they were 30 years ago everyone in the UB would be buzzing about that. The group would love nothing more than for the Copland to be like a Kop that actually sings and for the rest of Ibrox to join in with all of the rangers and loyalist songs. We're dealing with the reality now though, and the atmosphere was long gone before the group was created. So currently we have a section of 500 that does its best to create as best an atmosphere it possibly can on a regular matchday. Of course songs start from other parts of the stadium on bigger games, nothing new to football and exclusive to Rangers, certainly no stain on us as a group either.

57 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Do better at what? Uber fan? :lol::lol: Gees peace.

Its not "bashing the support" at all. If you think we are as a support are good at getting behind the team and backing them you are on another planet mate. Its just the truth. Its not just us, its the same for 90% of British supports. Even Liverpool fans, who some people seem to think are good, were "bashed" (in your words) by Klopp for their lack of atmosphere.

I do love these made up statistics:lol:

If it's the same for 90% of other British supports, then why do you claim we are so far behind other clubs fans at supporting the team.

Do better as in supporting the team rather than getting in a tit-for-tat bunfight about who 'supports' the team the best, hence the uber-fan reference.

The atmosphere could be better, point taken, but labelling our support as 'shite' is wrong imo.

29 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

Why the poofy drum that ruins our songs????

You would not like it over here at football games then when we have like 20+ drums and trumpets etc in the stadium. It certainly does add to the atmosphere.