UB incident?

graeme_4

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate we can do it when we can be bothered, I think and I said before in another thread our fans are lazy and can't be fucked most of the time. 

Former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes on the atmosphere at Ibrox:

“Celtic create a great atmosphere home and away but I still think the most intimidating stadium I have played in was when we played Rangers at Ibrox.

“There must be something about the city of Glasgow because they made so much noise. Normally as a goalkeeper you block out the noise of the fans but the noise they made that night was impossible to ignore.

“We had Henry, Ronaldinho, and Messi playing for us and I can’t think of another occasion when those three were on the same field and we didn’t score.

“Rangers fought like warriors that evening and I am sure a big part of their performance was down to the fans and the atmosphere they create for their players.”

Ibrox can be one of the best atmospheres in football when the support are in the mood, just seems to be rare these days.  

Hopefully Pedro can put a bit of fire back in the belly of not just the players but the support.

Safe standing would be great and would help restore the old Ibrox roar  but again it's the 'this is my seat and am moving for no cunt' attitude that will hold us back. We really are our own worst enemy at times. ST holders in the Copland would vote against moves to turn it into safe standing imo,  just like they blocked moves for the Union Bears to be relocated back there a couple of seasons ago. 

I'm a ST holder in the Copland and I agree with you there's a lot of moaning cunts in there that would rather everyone sit quietly than have an atmosphere, the guy who sits next to me doesn't even sing or cheer when we score and spends most of the time with his headphones in on his phone I don't get it. Even last Old Firm game at ibrox Me and a group of others got told to sit down because others couldn't see, need to get people like that away from the club and I think safe standing would be the way to do it but as you say it's up to the fans if that happens.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I'm a ST holder in the Copland and I agree with you there's a lot of moaning cunts in there that would rather everyone sit quietly than have an atmosphere, the guy who sits next to me doesn't even sing or cheer when we score and spends most of the time with his headphones in on his phone I don't get it. Even last Old Firm game at ibrox Me and a group of others got told to sit down because others couldn't see, need to get people like that away from the club and I think safe standing would be the way to do it but as you say it's up to the fans if that happens.

The bit about the guys round about you moaning wen u stand up and sing relates so much to me I sit mainstand & get the same grief every week sometimes I admit I go a bit mental but for me that's what it all about. The atmosphere at ibrox is brutal & jts because of old pricks like these cunts.

1 hour ago, SirMW said:

The bit about the guys round about you moaning wen u stand up and sing relates so much to me I sit mainstand & get the same grief every week sometimes I admit I go a bit mental but for me that's what it all about. The atmosphere at ibrox is brutal & jts because of old pricks like these cunts.

Some old boys have been going for years and years, and just can't jump up and back down again at the same speed you or I could.

Feel a bit sorry for them sometimes. Probably miss half the game with people jumping up in front of them. Maybe we need an old boys area with more comfortable seats. 

A wee song for you all to sing cheer the thread up a wee bit.

Each Saturday we Follow, 
We cheer the boys in blue, 
The most successful team in football, 
We're Scotland's gallant few, 
Although times have been hard, 
We've followed near and far, 
You'll always hear us roaring, 
From the stands at Ibrox Park

I believe that the UB do the best they can to create an atmosphere at Ibrox but as afore mentioned it is the people who would rather the place was a library that are the real reason the atmosphere is dead.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Each Saturday we Follow, 

I enjoyed that. That stand ARE the singing voice of Rangers. 

23 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Some old boys have been going for years and years, and just can't jump up and back down again at the same speed you or I could.

Feel a bit sorry for them sometimes. Probably miss half the game with people jumping up in front of them. Maybe we need an old boys area with more comfortable seats. 

The old guy that sits behind might only be about 50 & he's only had a season ticket since august so he can get to fuck ? Am passionate about my team no amount of pushes in the backs will stop me standing up and giving it yaldy every week. But aye a agree way you on the basis there should be an old man section ??

Don't agree with this Ibrox would be a library without them pish! I remember going to Ibrox when I was younger and there was always songs going in the Broomloan! It is the way it is just now because people won't start songs like they used to because they don't catch on as the UB are singing something different! I'm not saying they're bad but I don't think they have improved the atmosphere from what it was 15/20 year ago! 

I would say it's now less people singing more often where as before it would be more people singing but maybe not as frequently! 

Also think the embarrassing talk of our support being so far behind others is brutal, what grounds have we been to where a home support has outsung our away support? All over the country home supports are never as vocal, we're no different! 

27 minutes ago, Smile said:

Each Saturday we Follow, 

That song's awful IMO.

Can't please everyone all the time with their song choices though, so even though some are shite to me others might like them.

18 hours ago, JamesRFC__ said:

And stickers are too blame? How much in your mind does it take to remove these stickers? 

I couldn't give a toss about the stadium? It's stickers for fuck sake hahaha. Not as if urinal's are getting panned in every week. If you're at a game of football and start getting upset over the interior having stickers in it then you really must live constantly outraged. 

Doesn't matter a jot how much it costs, The fact is the groundstaff are pissed off having to remove them, By sticking them everywhere you are defacing the stadium,Why would people want to deface their own stadium.

Your inability to grasp this is obvious by your sneering reply's and total ignorance of it.

If you like stickers then buy a Panini book and stick them in that, Leave the stadium alone.

1 minute ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Doesn't matter a jot how much it costs, The fact is the groundstaff are pissed off having to remove them, By sticking them everywhere you are defacing the stadium,Why would people want to deface their own stadium.

Your inability to grasp this is obvious by your sneering reply's and total ignorance of it.

If you like stickers then buy a Panini book and stick them in that, Leave the stadium alone.

Doesn't matter a jot how much it costs yet you're bringing up we're starved for cash and talking about running on loans. Clearly mattered to you earlier. 

There's nothing to grasp mate it's stickers :lol:. Sticky things you put on a wall... There's no "the pope's a bender" getting written all over the place in big fuck off capitals it's just little stickers. 

What's that patter as well about defacing a stadium hahaha. You remind me of that time Alex Ferguson was chanting on about how RVP could've been killed because a ball hit is head. You're just looking to over-exaggerate things and get upset.  

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye but im not looking knobs being taken out, that's just fucking gay. 

You think singing certain songs is gay though... so maybe that's the next direction you want them to go in :headscratch: faggotry and all that.  

2 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

Doesn't matter a jot how much it costs yet you're bringing up we're starved for cash and talking about running on loans. Clearly mattered to you earlier. 

There's nothing to grasp mate it's stickers :lol:. Sticky things you put on a wall... There's no "the pope's a bender" getting written all over the place in big fuck off capitals it's just little stickers. 

What's that patter as well about defacing a stadium hahaha. You remind me of that time Alex Ferguson was chanting on about how RVP could've been killed because a ball hit is head. You're just looking to over-exaggerate things and get upset.  

You think singing certain songs is gay though... so maybe that's the next direction you want them to go in :headscratch: faggotry and all that.  

I'm pretty sure I implied I didn't want them singing those pishy "woaaaa wheeyyy" chants, so how you've decided I want their next direction to be pulling their knobs out is beyond me.

If we aren't just stressing our hate for Catholics through song then I want nothing to do with it. 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm pretty sure I implied I didn't want them singing those pishy "woaaaa wheeyyy" chants, so how you've decided I want their next direction to be pulling their knobs out is beyond me.

If we aren't just stressing our hate for Catholics through song then I want nothing to do with it. 

I gave you a situation that would be pretty gay were it to happen because I can't understand how you think a group are being utter faggotry for getting some noise around the stadium with a chant you don't like.  

35 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

This is why I feel there should be some sort of club intervention with this group

1 The club could liaise with the group to make them aware of these situations. 

2 The group could liaise with the club as to safe standing, fund raising, Placement etc

Both could have input on the song book. The atmosphere from song is a valuable asset but it needs positive PR and guidance imho

On 19/03/2017 at 5:28 PM, plumbGER said:

You really must have made some bad life choices.

I'm 36 but still manage the stairs to the club deck every 2nd week.

I'm 55 and I manage the Club Deck stairs every other week. I'm also doing this LINK on Saturday, 55 mile cycle round Arran for Rangers charity foundation. I was kinda hoping for a hat trick of 55's this year but unfortunately the last one is now out of reach. 

3 hours ago, SirMW said:

The old guy that sits behind might only be about 50 & he's only had a season ticket since august so he can get to fuck ? Am passionate about my team no amount of pushes in the backs will stop me standing up and giving it yaldy every week. But aye a agree way you on the basis there should be an old man section ??

It's called MLF. Padded seat loyal.

6 minutes ago, blueretro said:

I'm 55 and I manage the Club Deck stairs every other week. I'm also doing this LINK on Saturday, 55 mile cycle round Arran for Rangers charity foundation. I was kinda hoping for a hat trick of 55's this year but unfortunately the last one is now out of reach. 

I'm in CD6, you?

Good on you for committing to doing that, its for a great cause.