UB incident?

graeme_4

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Never heard that in my life before this season.

I hadn't heard it either but it's definitely an older song it's on a couple old Rangers CDs

31 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

Nah the megaphone's too loud :innocent:

I have to say I can't stand the megaphone. Since when is a megaphone needed to get a crowd singing? They've just seen videos of better ultras using them and copied, everything about the whole ultras culture is just copied and there's nothing unique about it at all.

We have a fantastic fan culture and history I see no need in just copycating European teams because it's cool to do so

And I dislike when the megaphone guys giving it "stand up and fuckin sing!" Etc like he thinks he's the bloody ticket or something. I don't like shite atmospheres either but everyone's payed to get in and it's upto them if they want to sing or not,  not some uber hero with a megaphone

I like the displays and most of the songs but I don't see why they need this whole plastic generic ultras nonsense as we've been a proud and famous fan base who have had stadiums across Europe bouncing long long before the whole poofy ultras culture came about

5 minutes ago, Willis said:

I have to say I can't stand the megaphone. Since when is a megaphone needed to get a crowd singing? They've just seen videos of better ultras using them and copied, everything about the whole ultras culture is just copied and there's nothing unique about it at all.

We have a fantastic fan culture and history I see no need in just copycating European teams because it's cool to do so

And I dislike when the megaphone guys giving it "stand up and fuckin sing!" Etc like he thinks he's the bloody ticket or something. I don't like shite atmospheres either but everyone's payed to get in and it's upto them if they want to sing or not,  not some uber hero with a megaphone

I like the displays and most of the songs but I don't see why they need this whole plastic generic ultras nonsense as we've been a proud and famous fan base who have had stadiums across Europe bouncing long long before the whole poofy ultras culture came about

The "poofy ultras culture" would not have crept in to the British fanbases if there was no need for it. 

We can talk all day about how we have a "proud and famous fanbase" but the bottom line is we are utterly shite at getting behind the team and creating an atmosphere right now in 2017. No point dwelling on how good we used to be.

I said it already in here but Ibrox is the biggest library in Glasgow. Its no wonder that fanbases in the UK started to look to Europe for inspiration (just like the Europeans did decades ago when the British fans were better) as their fan culture is so far ahead of us these days. 

Anyway no matter what is said nothing will change in Ibrox. UB will continue to be the only guys who sing, whether it be loyalist songs, older songs, european style songs, whatever. They'll sing them and everyone else will continue sitting on their hands (me included). It won't change until the board get their finger out their arse and rip every seat out of the Copland Front.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

The "poofy ultras culture" would not have crept in to the British fanbases if there was no need for it. 

We can talk all day about how we have a "proud and famous fanbase" but the bottom line is we are utterly shite at getting behind the team and creating an atmosphere right now in 2017. No point dwelling on how good we used to be.

I said it already in here but Ibrox is the biggest library in Glasgow. Its no wonder that fanbases in the UK started to look to Europe for inspiration (just like the Europeans did decades ago when the British fans were better) as their fan culture is so far ahead of us these days. 

Anyway no matter what is said nothing will change in Ibrox. UB will continue to be the only guys who sing, whether it be loyalist songs, older songs, european style songs, whatever. They'll sing them and everyone else will continue sitting on their hands (me included). It won't change until the board get their finger out their arse and rip every seat out of the Copland Front.

Well does that not then mean that the UBs are also useless at creating an atmosphere?  As you say it's been generally shite for years and it hasn't really improved under UBs either. 

The "ultras" culture adds nothing to the atmosphere that couldn't be added without it

The "ultras" culture is cringe worthy as fuck and the atmosphere at Ibrox wouldn't be any better or worse if the UB disappeared.  There's been a couple of decent banners/flag displays but other than that they bring absolutely nothing to the table IMO.

It's embarrassing how defensive some folk on here get whenever anyone shares this opinion.

And any time the atmospheres been good recently is been because we've played well or if something happens to excite the fans,  it's had nothing to do with the UBs,  which is why none of their songs ever get sung. 

Are you trying to say the atmosphere at OFs would be shite without the UBs? :lol:

We're pish at football and have been for years that's why the atmosphere is shite it gets better when there's bigger games or we play well not because some weans with a megaphone :lol:

7 minutes ago, Willis said:

Well does that not then mean that the UBs are also useless at creating an atmosphere?  As you say it's been generally shite for years and it hasn't really improved under UBs either. 

The "ultras" culture adds nothing to the atmosphere that couldn't be added without it

I think a couple years ago they were actually getting there, sure there was talk of expanding in to BF2 and they certainly had the numbers for it but I don't know whats happened. Seems to have fell away a bit. Doesn't look like as many people in BF1/2 and even the enclosure participate and join in as much as it used to be. 

Just now, Willis said:

And any time the atmospheres been good recently is been because we've played well or if something happens to excite the fans,  it's had nothing to do with the UBs,  which is why none of their songs ever get sung. 

Are you trying to say the atmosphere at OFs would be shite without the UBs? :lol:

We're pish at football and have been for years that's why the atmosphere is shite it gets better when there's bigger games or we play well not because some weans with a megaphone :lol:

No, you just made that up. If you are happy with their only ever being any kind of atmosphere or singing when there is a big game then batter in mate. Thats why we are so far behind any decent support. 

Bottom part is a myth. What about Warburtons first 6 months when we were pumping everyone? Shite atmosphere still. 

6 minutes ago, PRW. said:

No, you just made that up. If you are happy with their only ever being any kind of atmosphere or singing when there is a big game then batter in mate. Thats why we are so far behind any decent support. 

Bottom part is a myth. What about Warburtons first 6 months when we were pumping everyone? Shite atmosphere still. 

I admire your efforts at trying to support the lads attempts in creating an atmosphere.

But saying we are "so far behind any decent support" is nonsense.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I admire your efforts at trying to support the lads attempts in creating an atmosphere.

But saying we are "so far behind any decent support" is nonsense.

Course we are. Its the sad truth. We're good at turning up in numbers obviously but not much beyond that.

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

4-2 v Hibs

The two games against Hertz and the sheep.

They games were the loudest I've heard Ibrox in years and the atmosphere had nothing to do with the UB..

Am close to the union bears and a word without a lie when everyone in ibrox was singing I think it was Derry's walls at the hibs game they were trying sing "Glasgow Rangers woa woa woa wow"??

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

"UBs are there to create an atmosphere"

"The atmosphere was shite last season and has been for years"

Anyone else notice a contradiction here?

Its honestly not that hard to grasp. 

They create as much atmosphere as 200/300 people possibly can. Have you ever heard Ibrox when the UB stop? And all you can hear is seagulls, player shouts and fans talking? Its awful. 

Its not their fault that Rangers fan rarely join in with ANY song.

People are completely missing the point. Yes Ibrox, usually, sings when we are playing in a big game, we all know that. Nobody is debating that. Its outwith that when every section bar BF1 is pure shite. 

2 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

Am close to the union bears and a word without a lie when everyone in ibrox was singing I think it was Derry's walls at the hibs game they were trying sing "Glasgow Rangers woa woa woa wow"??

They do it all the time.

I remember a couple of years ago there was a lad from the UB on here taking the piss out of TBO saying they were better etc..

Gay as fuck.

7 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Course we are. Its the sad truth. We're good at turning up in numbers obviously but not much beyond that.

Mate, you would do better if you dropped the Uber-fan shite.

As i said, i admire your efforts at defending the boys.

I don't particularly agree with threads bashing them but bashing the rest of the support is pretty poor patter aswell.

I don't mind them, i sit directly above them in CD6.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Mate, you would do better if you dropped the Uber-fan shite.

As i said, i admire your efforts at defending the boys.

I don't particularly agree with threads bashing them but bashing the rest of the support is pretty poor patter aswell.

I don't mind them, i sit directly above them in CD6.

Do better at what? Uber fan? :lol::lol: Gees peace.

Its not "bashing the support" at all. If you think we are as a support are good at getting behind the team and backing them you are on another planet mate. Its just the truth. Its not just us, its the same for 90% of British supports. Even Liverpool fans, who some people seem to think are good, were "bashed" (in your words) by Klopp for their lack of atmosphere.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Do better at what? Uber fan? :lol::lol: Gees peace.

Its not "bashing the support" at all. If you think we are as a support are good at getting behind the team and backing them you are on another planet mate. Its just the truth. Its not just us, its the same for 90% of British supports. 

How are we not getting behind the team and backing them? 

9000 went over to Germany for a friendly,we've filled every single ground we've visited in this country since 2012 and Ibrox has regularly had 40k+ for the majority of the last few years,when people thought the crowds would disappear when we got punted to the lower tiers.

The atmosphere has been shite at Ibrox for as long as I can remember and the decibel levels only rise for certain games,it's nothing new. And on the other hand we have arguably the best travelling support in Britain.

Bit laughable to say we don't back the team :lol: