Proud Day

Took my son, turned 4 last week, to his first game today. What a day it was. Got him the seat next to my own as my mate sits there. Holding him up as we both sung The Blue Sea of Ibrox is a moment that will live with me til I die. Close to tears I was, and thankfully he loved the day and wants to come again. Proud Dad and Bear. 

44 minutes ago, Coplandbear11 said:

Took my son, turned 4 last week, to his first game today. What a day it was. Got him the seat next to my own as my mate sits there. Holding him up as we both sung The Blue Sea of Ibrox is a moment that will live with me til I die. Close to tears I was, and thankfully he loved the day and wants to come again. Proud Dad and Bear. 

Great feeling mate.

I took my boy for the first time prior to admin and we scudded Hibs 4-0 or 4-1.

He enjoyed it then had to endure the Ally years but we still go every week.

35 minutes ago, Coplandbear11 said:

Certainly was mate. All other dads/mums who have experienced it will tell you the same. Especially if the wee ones enjoyed it. The day my love meets my other love, and loved it too, kinda thing ?

great stuff mate. i took my wee boy at 4, couldnt get enough and now hes a season book holder at 6. great times

hope the wee man had a great day!!!

great times for a dad and son

my oldest was born 2 weeks before 9 in a row game at tannadice, enjoyed his 1st game a few years later

my 2 youngest now ( 2nd marriage )  7 & 5 have both been a few times now, pride you have doing something you would have done with your father is priceless

1 minute ago, BEE said:

Took my wee boy at 6 today for first time, left just after half time - could have made him stay but I didn't want to force it and risk him not wanting to come again.

Also didn't help his mum putting him in a fucking bright green jacket :lol:

I'm assuming you and the mum don't get on?:lol:

I remember taking my older 2 boys to their first games and when u see them singing jumping about trying to get broxis attention and all the rest of it is phenomenal, proper hairs on ur neck standing up moments that won't be topped. I had another wee boy in November there and called him cooper and I genuinely can't wait till his first game as it is a buzz starting with the rangers/loyalist songs playing in the car on the way to the famous old ibrox. 

1 hour ago, Coplandbear11 said:

My boys 3 and every day since he's been born I've been dreaming of that day. Taking him on his 5th birthday. 

Told the wife there's 2 things in life I want otherwise it's a divorce. 

1. Nobody but me buys him his Rangers strip 

2 nobody takes him to his first rangers game other than me

These are sacred things IMO between a father and son

hooe you had a brilliant time mate 

11 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I remember taking my older 2 boys to their first games and when u see them singing jumping about trying to get broxis attention and all the rest of it is phenomenal, proper hairs on ur neck standing up moments that won't be topped. I had another wee boy in November there and called him cooper and I genuinely can't wait till his first game as it is a buzz starting with the rangers/loyalist songs playing in the car on the way to the famous old ibrox. 

I sit in CF1 and actually took him down before kick off to get a pic wae Broxi ???

16 minutes ago, BEE said:

Took my wee boy at 6 today for first time, left just after half time - could have made him stay but I didn't want to force it and risk him not wanting to come again.

Should start taking him more often. 45 minutes is the longest you've managed this season.

15 minutes ago, BEE said:

green jacket??? thats the least of your worries if yer mrs is anything like mine. you need a fuckin rucksack going to the game

hankies

water

a hat

gloves

all of which gets left in the motor :mutley:

8 minutes ago, Gillete said:

My boys 3 and every day since he's been born I've been dreaming of that day. Taking him on his 5th birthday. 

Told the wife there's 2 things in life I want otherwise it's a divorce. 

1. Nobody but me buys him his Rangers strip 

2 nobody takes him to his first rangers game other than me

These are sacred things IMO between a father and son

hooe you had a brilliant time mate 

Very reasonable points fella. Those are a must for father to a son. 

1 minute ago, Coplandbear11 said:

I sit in CF1 and actually took him down before kick off to get a pic wae Broxi ???

Excellent mate sounds like ur wee man had an excellent day. Did u get the picture of u and the wee boy at the blue gates? I think that's something that has to be done with ur kids 

3 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Excellent mate sounds like ur wee man had an excellent day. Did u get the picture of u and the wee boy at the blue gates? I think that's something that has to be done with ur kids 

Think I took about 50 pics mate ?  Got a cracking wee video as he walks up the stairs and sees the stadium for the first time. His face is priceless. 

4 minutes ago, BEE said:

She didn't know he was going to be fair to her :lol: She sent him round with a top that said 'little rebel' once and it was set on fire out the back garden (the top, no the wain!).

Has a higher mental age than most of us too tbf.

I took in his ipad - bad move, he just asked for it from five minutes on. Handful of sweets every five minutes solved that :lol:

Fuck, my boy had a nike tshirt on today that was blue but the nike tick had tiny green speckles on it and i'm chinning him about wearing it to the gzne:lol: