Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

So back on topic though someone has tried to deflect again.

Craig Houston will not give up anything, will not be shamed into standing down and although I would say does not have the intelligence to have planned this long term, he has the rat cunning to take advantage of an opportunity.

Sadly he will only be gone when this board is.

:lol:

No flies on you Wullie ..... on both the bold sentences mate ..... there will always be one who is prepared to give his pet rat the benefit of the doubt .... completely ignoring the fact that there is never ever just one rat .... as the others stay well hidden, but are still there nevertheless ..... and only kidding himself on that he has/will criticise when he thinks it is prudent to make out he is being balanced ... when the opposite of his argument is more and more evident ..... the more he writes .... :p:

:UK:

5 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Some poster on FF 'pollock prod' claiming that two directors went for the job, the other one being one of the resignees?

I read that someone had claimed (wrongly) that D'Art's mate had applied. Also read that Christine Somerville had applied. Not heard that though.

Just now, bluepeter said:

I read that someone had claimed (wrongly) that D'Art's mate had applied. Also read that Christine Somerville had applied. Not heard that though.

I've just updated my post. D'Art has posted the following:

Allow me to answer unequivocally.

None of the directors who resigned had applied for any such role - SLO or otherwise.

Seems that 'pollock prod' is on a shit stirring mission as that's two things he's just been called out about. The above and Laura and the tshirts.

Deflection and lies now in full mode.

2 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

Its a standard tactic - throw enough disinformation out there and the truth is hidden or confused amongst the lies

Just now, Virtuoso said:

Seems that 'pollock prod' is on a shit stirring mission as that's two things he's just been called out about. The above and Laura and the tshirts.

Predictable and sad, mate. It's the standard MO, slate anyone who goes against the grain...

This episode confirms how difficult it is to have a working fan's group. When you have a fan base totalling hundreds and hundreds of thousands then it is inevitably a broad church made up of multiple demographic.

There are young/old, traditionilists/ hand-wringers, wannabees/sceptics, Houstonites/others lol etc etc 

We all love our club but we all fall into multiple sub groups of opinion, ambition and ideaologies. Just have a swatch at the boardroom forum (although imho there's dodgy contributors in there ). In that backdrop how can a dozen or so fan's represent or even come together (and stay together) harmoniously? 

It's a nice idea in principle but these outcomes are inevitable, both now and in the future. 

7 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

He's also been put back in his box after he claimed that passwords were withheld from the remaining board members. 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

This episode confirms how difficult it is to have a working fan's group. When you have a fan base totalling hundreds and hundreds of thousands then it is inevitably a broad church made up of multiple demographic.

There are young/old, traditionilists/ hand-wringers, wannabees/sceptics, Houstonites/others lol etc etc 

We all love our club but we all fall into multiple sub groups of opinion, ambition and ideaologies. Just have a swatch at the boardroom forum (although imho there's dodgy contributors in there ). In that backdrop how can a dozen or so fan's represent or even come together (and stay together) harmoniously? 

It's a nice idea in principle but these outcomes are inevitable, both now and in the future. 

I'm not so sure I agree. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the board that was elected, believing it was a really good board with a mix of skills, profiles & characters. I expressed concerns about CH but hoped the other 6 would be able to work around that. 

Unfortunately he has managed to almost single handedly ruin the organisation - I don't think anybody can legislate for that. 

14 minutes ago, Ace said:

It should be noted from what I've read that D'Art, Laura & Joanne have resigned due to the actions of 1 fellow director and not due to the actual organisation or aims itself.

Many here know I am a fervent advocate of c1872 & it's goals but last night's peturbing news has given me cause for concern it the effectiveness of a group that stood on transparency & cannot itself be transparent on this issue.

I attended the hustings during the board election, I listened to all who stood, I listened to CH who actually agreed with many the Blair shouldn't be on the board because of a COI, I find it incredible that he now thinks the current situation, created entirely by himself, is not cause for him to remove himself from the board, even temporarily until the SLO position has been finalised.

I never voted for CH, I never fully trusted his motivations but put aside my feelings and gave all those elected my full backing, now I have already stated on other social media, if CH doesn't come forward & remove himself from the board of c1872 within the next 7days, I will, with much regret, cancel my direct debit to c1872 & withdraw from the group.

The loss of D'Art, Laura & Joanne lessens c1872, I know that both Laura & Joanne are the ones who carried out most of the day to day duties & will be sorely missed by the group and the bigger question now becomes who will step into the breech.

:tu:

Wow! ACE mate ..... I know how much faith you had in Club 1872 and it's good intentions .... and take my hat off to you for coming out and laying on the line your disappointment of something you had trusted could be the way forward in fan involvement at the Club.

Good on you mate.

:UK: 

13 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Whitney and his cronies are no better than scum and yet there will still be those who laud them and let us not forget, all this goes straight back to king and this board. They created this monster and provided the path to the many trough guzzling platforms from which he feeds. Unbelievable.

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How did this cunt actually get involved in 1872 anyway? 

Who invited him in? 

Who proposed him for the board? 

From memory he stayed beneath the radwr and popped up as part of the working group on the transition. Likewise I think he was late in the day declaring his hand to stand for election and the rest is history. However the question remains, who invited him onto the working group and there you will find a subversive element.

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How did this cunt actually get involved in 1872 anyway? 

Who invited him in? 

Who proposed him for the board? 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

From memory he stayed beneath the radwr and popped up as part of the working group on the transition. Likewise I think he was late in the day declaring his hand to stand for election and the rest is history. However the question remains, who invited him onto the working group and there you will find a subversive element.

I might be wrong here, @eskbankloyal will know for sure but wasn't it one of the Louden duo who put him forward?

10 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I'm not so sure I agree. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the board that was elected, believing it was a really good board with a mix of skills, profiles & characters. I expressed concerns about CH but hoped the other 6 would be able to work around that. 

Unfortunately he has managed to almost single handedly ruin the organisation - I don't think anybody can legislate for that. 

Ha ha - my post confirmed 

4 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

I might be wrong here, @eskbankloyal will know for sure but wasn't it one of the Louden duo who put him forward?

I can't recall who it was but it definitely wasn't the Marshall's. the nominated D'Art, James Blair & Ian Martin 

16 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He's also been put back in his box after he claimed that passwords were withheld from the remaining board members. 

Now he's backtracking quicker than a backtracker backtracks...

If I'm wrong I apologise 100 % also believe there were two jobs that were advertised. 

Again if I've got a name wrong my apologies. 

Again I thought the 3 that resigned were doing a great job.

:sarcasm:

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

I'm not so sure I agree. 

It was something that many of us were quite sure was going to happen, nothing that he is associated with will ever be exclusively for the good of Rangers he is a self serving ego-driven opportunist with no redeeming characteristics and has no place in any supporters group. 

I think it is possible to have a decent supporters group, there are many who would do a good job it just needs to be done without interference from the club and the usual suspects. The problem with Club 1872 is that so many were taken in by CHs self promotion. One can only hope that this episode will show him and his acolytes up for the poisonous chancers that they are.

If he goes (and doesn't get the SLO gig) I would hope that D'Art Laura and Joanne would consider standing again and someone, such as yourself, would throw your hat into the ring. That would be a decent platform to make Club 1872 a Supporters Organisation that puts Rangers and particularly its Supporters first.