Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

12 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Is there any chance of D'Art & co being able to withdraw their resignations?

He's someone who we all trust in here and I think he has made a mistake. I'll admit to not knowing much about what has been going on with it all as I have barely been on RM. So I'm guessing this was just the final straw on a large camels back? 

It does seem a shame to lose someone who we all know. And if D'Art wanted to, or even if he could it would be great if he could withdraw his resignation. Boardrooms are difficult, and going back after the reasons given for the resignation would be a very tense situation, but I would seriously consider investing if D'Art was back and try and get Houston out of there with a vote of no confidence. 

Would be the perfect scenario, but there is too much money involved now for Sloth Murray & Gilligan to let it all slip away. 

2 minutes ago, Cyberniv said:

Don't post much on here, but claiming that is representative of what is being said on FF and it is  "Just one of many similar posts" is a flat out lie.

:Fod:

So ..... tell us all in your own words, please Nessie ..... Why do you not post here often? .......  Has Craig told you it's a bad bad place to post your own opinion as no one will agree with you?

EH?

:UK:

11 minutes ago, Cyberniv said:

Don't post much on here, but claiming that is representative of what is being said on FF and it is  "Just one of many similar posts" is a flat out lie.

That is actually true, went over to FF for a wee look and the majority appear in consensus that the three who resigned were good folks and that the director who applied for the fans post was out of order,

Of course there are always some rockets defending their great leader but to me it seemed a very small minority.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

Sons of Struth

*ATTENTION*

For the past few weeks, the Sons of Struth Facebook page has not been run by the usual admin (and page creator) Craig Houston.

He has taken a break from his social media platforms, in order to commit more time to the SoS academy and private issues. He may or may not return and doesn't have access to even his own private Facebook account.

For the short term future, I will continue to run the page on my own.

Thank you for understanding

Ben

https://www.facebook.com/SonsOfStruth

So rather come out and at least try and justify his actions, he goes in to hiding.

A fucking snake slithering back under his rock.

Haha.

The above as been chopped within minutes. Folk ripping in to him!!

22 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Is there any chance of D'Art & co being able to withdraw their resignations?

He's someone who we all trust in here and I think he has made a mistake. I'll admit to not knowing much about what has been going on with it all as I have barely been on RM. So I'm guessing this was just the final straw on a large camels back? 

It does seem a shame to lose someone who we all know. And if D'Art wanted to, or even if he could it would be great if he could withdraw his resignation. Boardrooms are difficult, and going back after the reasons given for the resignation would be a very tense situation, but I would seriously consider investing if D'Art was back and try and get Houston out of there with a vote of no confidence. 

How can they? The problems are still there. Up to C1872 membership to remove Houston, Blair, Cowie and Wilson then the three who resigned can stand for re election.

40 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:Fod:

So ..... tell us all in your own words, please Nessie ..... Why do you not post here often? .......  Has Craig told you it's a bad bad place to post your own opinion as no one will agree with you?

EH?

:UK:

I post on FF, I've been reading the equivalent thread on there all day, so I was a bit surprised to dip in on here to see the post I quoted, which is nothing more than the sort of shit stirring nonsense that has led us into this disunity and squabbling in the first place.  No need for it. 

54 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

All the ones in charge at RF that told us a merger could never happen hang your head in shame.

All the ones in charge of RF who put out a loaded question for the vote to merge hang your head in shame.

This ^^

This was the biggest stitch up in the book. What has happened since was the natural progression and I'm sorry to say maybe inevitable with a few of the folk involved. Not all as there were some honourable people there although I believe they were knowingly fighting a losing battle from the start. 

As you say CB they should hang their head in shame for the weasely protestations about they never said it would stay independent. I hesitate to say lies but I was never happy when the merger ( funny if it wasn't so tragic ) was proposed and voted through. 

15 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

How can they? The problems are still there. Up to C1872 membership to remove Houston, Blair, Cowie and Wilson then the three who resigned can stand for re election.

Why couldn't they? Surely it would be easier to change the problems if you were on the board than just resigning and letting the wallopers run it alone?

1 minute ago, thebooler said:

Has his own Facebook page been closed down by a third party or something? That's my interpretation of this.

He seems like the kinda guy who if he got caught dicking another bird he would say it wasn't him,or somebody else that looks like him did it, or he was conned into it. Teflon man

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Why couldn't they? Surely it would be easier to change the problems if you were on the board than just resigning and letting the wallopers run it alone?

If you are in a minority you cannot effect change. Therefore if you consider the matter to be serious enough you have only one real choice- resign. That should be a sufficient warning to the membership that something is seriously wrong. For three trustees to resign would suggest that there is something seriously wrong with the governance in place. I am sure it was not an easy decision- but integrity can have a price. 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Not much different to those who pumped money into TRFFF and who had no say in how the money was spent and was given no details of income/expenditure, just another clusterfuck started by good meaning people and hijacked by charlatans among our own support.

Never forget there were people seriously suggesting at one stage that the RFFF cash should be used to pay lawyers to defend that fuckwit against the Easdales

Thats money raised for the benefit of Rangers btw

Can anyone remember the names of those on the RFFF committee who backed this proposal?

1 minute ago, Carsons Dog said:

Never forget there were people seriously suggesting at one stage that the RFFF cash should be used to pay lawyers to defend that fuckwit against the Easdales

Thats money raised for the benefit of Rangers btw

Can anyone remember the names of those on the RFFF committee who backed this proposal?

You mean the committee of gray men who could not even produce a balance sheet?

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

I'm led to believe he was clear he would resign if he got the job. 

Once again though, him applying wasn't the issue. It was his attendance at a meeting with the police & somebody who would be interviewing him a week later. 

Any idea where the job was advertised Esk?