Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

9 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

If you are in a minority you cannot effect change. Therefore if you consider the matter to be serious enough you have only one real choice- resign. That should be a sufficient warning to the membership that something is seriously wrong. For three trustees to resign would suggest that there is something seriously wrong with the governance in place. I am sure it was not an easy decision- but integrity can have a price. 

Not saying it was an easy decision, just maybe one taken too quickly. If they can withdraw their resignations, can the not put forward a vote of no confidence?

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Not saying it was an easy decision, just maybe one taken too quickly. If they can withdraw their resignations, can the not put forward a vote of no confidence?

Dont think so as I read that they had a clause where Directors were not allowed to vote each other out of office or something along that line.

23 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Why couldn't they? Surely it would be easier to change the problems if you were on the board than just resigning and letting the wallopers run it alone?

They already tried that. Did you miss the part where Esk stated it was Whitney's baw. 

Loking at the voting stat's, he has little chance of even being voted off by the membership. They appear to be his. I do wonder if there was an upsurge of SOS members joining 72 when Whitney declared in as a candidate. That would be an interesting stat. It appears to be ran by majority board voting and D'Art is in the minority. Anything major, he has little chance.

33 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Why couldn't they? Surely it would be easier to change the problems if you were on the board than just resigning and letting the wallopers run it alone?

Beaujolais has explained. Now if I were an 1872 member I would be looking at it and perhaps looking to remove the instigator and his cronies who have backed him by not resigning.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

Honestly mate ... you know exactly who the people are who are responsible for the disunity among us ...... and they don't (like yourself) post in here often ... when they do (like yourself) they come to berate the people on this site who are only expressing their own opinion.

it is called freedom of speech ... in this forum it is not a criminal offence to have an opinion that is different from the norm ... asking searching question without being banned for doing so ..... quite unlike FF .... we have loads of ex-members from FF who were banned for not following the "code of practice" shall we say .... who have found a happy medium on RM.

Come and join us more often and get to know how it feels to be able to freely express your opinion .... it will set your soul free ......  like swimming naked in the open sea .... not confined to a Loch .... I promise you Nessie ... it will seem as if you have found Nirvana (with Kurt Cobain still there) ..... :p:

Come Nessie ..... Come ...... Join us ......Choose Life ..... Now! ...... ♥️

:UK:

Thank you for your kind invitation, but I feel already that my freedom of speech, in pointing out a flat out lie (not getting annoyed about an opinion) has already been somewhat attacked by your response. That's after just one post in a long time. That doesn't really fit with your later description of what you are trying to lure me into.  

Look at the welcome I just got from you,  "Star Player" from Greenock,  Greenock FFS and you have the hard neck to ridicule my home town.  Greenock, jesus, that's a mindboggling lack of self awareness, right there.

Then you move on to accusing me of being a mouthpiece of CH's. I have no idea what you are wittering about there.

Then you invite me skinny dipping and deeply hurt as I am I would consider it, if you at least invite me out to dinner first.

Just now, Carsons Dog said:

Any idea where the job was advertised Esk?

Now closed on S1

http://mobile.s1jobs.com/job/marketing-pr/pr-corporate-communications/glasgow/647900064.html

Still being advertised on the official site

https://rangers.co.uk/club/recruitment/jobs/supporter-liaison-officer/

15 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Education and Qualifications:

Graduate calibre or equivalent

That'll be him fucked then.

22 minutes ago, Cyberniv said:

Thank you for your kind invitation, but I feel already that my freedom of speech, in pointing out a flat out lie (not getting annoyed about an opinion) has already been somewhat attacked by your response. That's after just one post in a long time. That doesn't really fit with your later description of what you are trying to lure me into.  

Look at the welcome I just got from you,  "Star Player" from Greenock,  Greenock FFS and you have the hard neck to ridicule my home town.  Greenock, jesus, that's a mindboggling lack of self awareness, right there.

Then you move on to accusing me of being a mouthpiece of CH's. I have no idea what you are wittering about there.

Then you invite me skinny dipping and deeply hurt as I am I would consider it, if you at least invite me out to dinner first.

Stop playing hard to get and get yer kit aff

?

24 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Is this the funds building a stand at training centre? When I put into this it was not for a fucking stand I'd rather work was done on Ibrox.

If I'm wrong apologies. 

I believe so, and, I totally agree with you...

22 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

"You will have the ability to establish credibility with a wide range of stakeholders."

hahahahaha

Lurch

????

43 minutes ago, Cyberniv said:

For dinner first ? I hope you like Pot Noodle washed down with Tonic wine IF he takes you up on your sugestion.:tongue:

58 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I agree it certainly is not an easy decision- but you might want to look up the responsibilities that Trustees sign up to when they accept a post. Along with those responsibilities are potential personal liabilities should you fail to deliver good governance. They have resigned therefore they are no longer Trustees and as such cannot withdraw their resignations. As to their ability to put forward a vote of no confidence that would depend on whether or not there was any such facility within the articles of association for a vote of no confidence. 

The sad part is that some people are genuinely surprised at Craig Houstons actions. i stopped contributing to RangersFirst shortly after the merger and im glad i done so now.

Also to the point of people questioning fellow Rangers fans on Follow Follow defending the the guy and not calling him out earlier, people who voiced their concerns about Craig Houston and weren't long time members were promptly banned from FF and called timposters. Same with the people who questioned Chris Graham taking a place on the board, any disconcerting post would be whipped and you would be promptly banned. I remember seeing people getting banned for agreeing that Chris should have not been anywere near the board, no venom or aggression in their posts but still banned regardless.

We have the biggest fan base in Scotland, one of the biggest within the UK and Europe but we're divided by people who let power get to their head. I am sure Craig is a good guy and got in to everything for the right reasons but he is doing it all for the wrong reasons now and should resign from Club1872.

3 minutes ago, Ace said:

Folk are using this to have a go at c1872 which is unfair.

The c1872 principle is just & right, unfortunately, one particular board member is using thier position to advance thier own agenda.

The 3 directors, including an ex RST board member who's own reputation was much maligned on here have now resigned in protest at the actions of another board member.  

If you want to have a go at anyone, have a go at the person responsible for disrupting the entire group .. not the group itself.

Any group is only as strong as its weakest link and most posters knew before the elections that Houston was the weakest link and should never have been nominated. 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

Folk are using this to have a go at c1872 which is unfair.

The c1872 principle is just & right, unfortunately, one particular board member is using thier position to advance thier own agenda.

The 3 directors, including an ex RST board member who's own reputation was much maligned on here have now resigned in protest at the actions of another board member.  

If you want to have a go at anyone, have a go at the person responsible for disrupting the entire group .. not the group itself.

What if you don't even think the principle is right either? The things a busted flush and was even when it was RangersFirst making social media statements about the fans singing etc that's before the merge everyone lied about too 

the whole things fucked - scrap it - sell the shares they own and use it to buy a player or something that would be more use imo 

2 hours ago, Cyberniv said:

not getting involved in your debate with bobby but regarding the bold part,  this site lets you post your opinion, no matter if it goes against the grain or not.  It also lets other attack said opinion.  Your free speech wasn't attacked, to attack your free speech would mean to not let you voice that opinion.

That being said,  stick around bud,  this place is pretty good, it can be a bit mental at times, but I am sure FF is the same in that respect.