Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

Club 1872 has been advised of the resignation of 3 directors, Iain Leiper, Laura Fawkes and Joanne Percival.

Club 1872 is disappointed that these directors are unable to see out their term of office but does thank them for all of their hard work, dedication and efforts to date. Becoming a director of the Club 1872 is a considerable undertaking and we should be grateful to all of those willing to take this step.

The remaining Directors, James Blair ,William Cowie, Alex Wilson and Craig Houston remain and have each committed to continue to serve Club 1872, its members and the vision and objectives of an organisation which is run for and by its members.

The Board has made efforts over the last few days to deal with the practical consequences of the resignations. This has included speaking to our employee, dealing with the transfer of passwords and social media accounts, reassigning work streams and many other matters. A dialogue has also been maintained with the resigning directors. We are conscious that they were elected by you, our members and that you would want us to deal with them professionally and with respect.

"We are conscious that they were elected by you, our members and that you would want us to deal with them professionally and with respect" 

I find that last line very sinister. Surely there should be no question of any dealings being anything but professional and respectful.

Club 1872 was a busted flush and not for purpose from the start. Any slim hopes it had were destroyed when Houston was elected to it's board.

This should surely confirm that for any doubters.

Don't give them your money.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fair play to D'art - I knew this would happen (resignation) I had an idea he'd be fighting a losing battle the day he joined.

i also said if D'art gets a position then resigns then your average fan should start to ask serious questions ....

Fuck man, you wanna share next week's Euro numbers as well while you're at it?

9 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

"We are conscious that they were elected by you, our members and that you would want us to deal with them professionally and with respect" 

I find that last line very sinister. Surely there should be no question of any dealings being anything but professional and respectful.

That's what I found strange as well.  Probably penned by that idiot oven cleaner.

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

What's the process for replacing board members outwith end of tenure resignations? 

@Weerthepeople @Snagsy1980 @Club1872rfc @4thProtocol @cocobelle79 @JoanneRST they have 6 mnths to go , either co-opt or hold an election