Ferris Bueller

Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

JWAB    963

I'm a bit pissed off D'art has left, Joanne did do a lot of work for the RST too, don't know anything about Laura but this has a smell to it.

It's a tarrier word but we do need transparency now, what's happening?

D'art is a great poster , was glad he joined as I'm a member of 1872 , very disappointed by the news hopefully he can shed some light on why he resigned .

so disheartening we can't seem to make this work .

A.T.G    7,232

I can only assume it was a waste of his time which sadly I probably knew it was heading down this road when Rangers First merged with the other one

I have very little faith in any of our groups coming together for the benefit of the fans 

Pissed off

Virtuoso    9,924

Club 1872 has been advised of the resignation of 3 directors, Iain Leiper, Laura Fawkes and Joanne Percival.

Club 1872 is disappointed that these directors are unable to see out their term of office but does thank them for all of their hard work, dedication and efforts to date. Becoming a director of the Club 1872 is a considerable undertaking and we should be grateful to all of those willing to take this step.

The remaining Directors, James Blair ,William Cowie, Alex Wilson and Craig Houston remain and have each committed to continue to serve Club 1872, its members and the vision and objectives of an organisation which is run for and by its members.

The Board has made efforts over the last few days to deal with the practical consequences of the resignations. This has included speaking to our employee, dealing with the transfer of passwords and social media accounts, reassigning work streams and many other matters. A dialogue has also been maintained with the resigning directors. We are conscious that they were elected by you, our members and that you would want us to deal with them professionally and with respect.

Beaujolais    1,198

"We are conscious that they were elected by you, our members and that you would want us to deal with them professionally and with respect" 

I find that last line very sinister. Surely there should be no question of any dealings being anything but professional and respectful.

STEPPS BOY    10,002

At least Craig Houston is still involved....

eejay the dj    6,975
56 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Well you know the direction the board puppets are going in if D'Art has gone. 

Yes we knew Houston wouldn't be one of them .That is for certain

Leeds_Bear    1,370

Worst thing Rangers First did was join up with that rabble. Full of self-interested weirdos. 

The Beast    3,123

Club 1872 was a busted flush and not for purpose from the start. Any slim hopes it had were destroyed when Houston was elected to it's board.

This should surely confirm that for any doubters.

Don't give them your money.

Leeds_Bear    1,370
4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fair play to D'art - I knew this would happen (resignation) I had an idea he'd be fighting a losing battle the day he joined.

i also said if D'art gets a position then resigns then your average fan should start to ask serious questions ....

Fuck man, you wanna share next week's Euro numbers as well while you're at it?

sonofbear    295
9 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

"We are conscious that they were elected by you, our members and that you would want us to deal with them professionally and with respect" 

I find that last line very sinister. Surely there should be no question of any dealings being anything but professional and respectful.

That's what I found strange as well.  Probably penned by that idiot oven cleaner.

Virtuoso    9,924

What's the process for replacing board members outwith end of tenure resignations? 

North Rd    2,851
2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

What's the process for replacing board members outwith end of tenure resignations? 

@Weerthepeople @Snagsy1980 @Club1872rfc @4thProtocol @cocobelle79 @JoanneRST they have 6 mnths to go , either co-opt or hold an election

Virtuoso    9,924
Just now, North Rd said:

@Weerthepeople @Snagsy1980 @Club1872rfc @4thProtocol @cocobelle79 @JoanneRST they have 6 mnths to go , either co-opt or hold an election

How does 'co-opt' work in this situation?

piperpete    2,253
27 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

At least Craig Houston is still involved....

Booler will be IN his element at this.

bluepeter    5,621

Statement from the three directors. Shocked that the behaviour of Craig Houston was behind this... :sarcasm: