Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

Just now, Ace said:

Folk are using this to have a go at c1872 which is unfair.

The c1872 principle is just & right, unfortunately, one particular board member is using thier position to advance thier own agenda.

The 3 directors, including an ex RST board member who's own reputation was much maligned on here have now resigned in protest at the actions of another board member.  

If you want to have a go at anyone, have a go at the person responsible for disrupting the entire group .. not the group itself.

I don't think people are having a go at C1872 per se'...more a case of everyone knew what would happen with the involvement of CH.

15 minutes ago, Ace said:

The c1872 principle is just & right, unfortunately, one particular board member is using thier position to advance thier own agenda.

The 3 directors, including an ex RST board member who's own reputation was much maligned on here have now resigned in protest at the actions of another board member.  

If you want to have a go at anyone, have a go at the person responsible for disrupting the entire group .. not the group itself.

When Al Capone takes over an otherwise legit organisation, do you continue or wish to invest in it?

Exactly!

If it was only for disrupting the entire group ffs.

If you cannot see thst this organisation is ill founded, compromised and toxic, then their is no hope.

19 minutes ago, Ace said:

Having read through the thread, I kind of agree with you, though if all of this is down to one man then surely the solution would have been be for the rest of the c1872 directors to take the appropriate action that would have see him removed.

30 minutes ago, Ace said:

On the head CH should be the one fans should be questioning

20 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Having read through the thread, I kind of agree with you, though if all of this is down to one man then surely the solution would have been be for the rest of the c1872 directors to take the appropriate action that would have see him removed.

The Directors cannot take this action. It's down to the Membership.

33 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

I don't think people are having a go at C1872 per se'...more a case of everyone knew what would happen with the involvement of CH.

This whole sorry saga runs far deeper than Whitney I'm afraid. He is but a tool, a placeman and a welching cunt of course, but he is not the main event. 

As I've said, an ill founded organisation on it's inception, compromised and toxic and it isn't just Whitney that makes it so. A pity some good pople are caught up in it and the losers are it's members.

44 minutes ago, Ace said:

Oh no it isn't. Many of us said at the outset of RF that the whole thing would end in tears. It was accelerated by the merger with RST. RIP fan ownership of Rangers. The group (Club 1872) allowed this situation to arise so they deserve people having a go at them. They chose to ignore the warnings so let them suffer the consequences.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:28 PM, bluepeter said:

You were conned mate, there's no shame in that. 

The thing for me is, everyone who sees what has gone on here and continues to pay is supporting the organisation. The organisation currently consists of people who have full knowledge of the facts surrounding this and haven't resigned, which 3 principled people did. 

I'm on record with the reasons I didn't join RF or C1872 (although I was fully involved in RM donating a large sum to RF). I could see what was coming, as could many others. That's not bragging, though, I was as conned by anyone by Craig Whyte among others.

All we can do is examine our conscience with the info we have. If you look at the situation and decide what you want to do is continue donating, that's your choice. Nobody else puts bread on your table, nobody can tell you what to do with your money. Make your own mind up, and do what you think is right :tu: 

I appreciate this BP but like ace and Ersk I will give it a couple of days to see what transpires, where I am is this, after the brutality which I witnessed against our club in 2012 I never wanted to feel like our club could have been left in such a perilous state ever again by people who had no concept of how much our club means to each and everyone of us. I saw how our fans rallied together that year to defend our club, to sell out stadiums, to buy season books in record numbers, to follow with such passion, it was a really potent concoction of unity. History shows how all that was used and abused by unscrupulous deceivers at boardroom level, so when R F came along I listened intently to those who debated the merits of such a thing and eventually thought this is a great thing and signed up pretty early on in fact. Its success was remarkable at the beginning and I took great pride in being a part of it, then we had the amalgamation that many claimed at the time was a take over but again driven by my fear of the vulnerability of our club again I voted it through and stuck with it. So having been in it from early on a I feel that by just stopping my d d I would have put hundreds of pounds into something that I was now letting get used anyway they see fit and without any sort of veto vote.

If this organisation and the guy involved here do the right thing there is a chance they may keep some committed members who see this latest incident as fatal, if not then they will be responsible for treating us with as much contempt as some of the worst owners we have had. How that guy can besmirch the good name of Bill Struth without so much as a wince is beyond me, a man with more integrity, honour and class in his small finger than he will ever have.

I am not one for begging but can I please ask those 3 directors to reconsider their decision should this be dealt with satisfactorily in their eyes, D'Art is their anyway in which this situation could be saved IYO

Just now, Zetland said:

The Directors cannot take this action. It's down to the Membership.

It would then seem the correct course of action was for the board to inform the membership of the issue and get it sorted rather than see the entire group thrown into crisis.

I know it's easy to say looking in from the outside but the constitution appears to be flawed from the beginning if one person's actions can cause so much damage.

3 hours ago, Cyberniv said:

Thank you for your kind invitation, but I feel already that my freedom of speech, in pointing out a flat out lie (not getting annoyed about an opinion) has already been somewhat attacked by your response. That's after just one post in a long time. That doesn't really fit with your later description of what you are trying to lure me into.  

Look at the welcome I just got from you,  "Star Player" from Greenock,  Greenock FFS and you have the hard neck to ridicule my home town.  Greenock, jesus, that's a mindboggling lack of self awareness, right there.

Then you move on to accusing me of being a mouthpiece of CH's. I have no idea what you are wittering about there.

Then you invite me skinny dipping and deeply hurt as I am I would consider it, if you at least invite me out to dinner first.

:lol:

I must admit that as far as holiday destinations go .... Greenock may not be the first on most traveller's lists, compared to Inverness .... so I will not try and defend something that is clearly not comparable ..... See what I did there my Highland friend ..... I agreed with you .... without coercion ..... preferring dialogue  to confrontation .... :cheers:

Unfortunately Jesus has never been reported as having been spotted walking on the waters around Greenock, mate ..... well not as many times as Nessie has been in Loch Ness, up your way ..... seems reality is here to stay in Greenock as fairytales are generally confined to fiction down here ..... where they should be .... :p:

Fuck CH he must never get between us ma wee Nessie! ..... :sarcasm:

I know I have hurt you deeply my bonnie wee Nessie .... and I wouldn't blame you if you decided to end our friendship forthwith ..... and you disappear from RM into the dark murky depths of FF  ....... all I ask is the chance to remedy things and buy you a Bobby Sands Special chicken & chips supper ... along with the skoosh of your choice  ..... from any Chippy you choose ... no expense spared, up to a tenner anyway .... I know how to treat a Loch Ness Monster ..... honest ... I've danced that jig a few times in my life, believe me! ...... ♥️

:UK:

54 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

I must admis timat as far as holiday destinations go .... Greenock may not be the first on most traveller's lists, compared to Inverness .... so I will not try and defend something that is clearly not comparable ..... See what I did there my Highland friend ..... I agreed with you .... without coercion ..... preferring dialogue  to confrontation .... :cheers:

Unfortunately Jesus has never been reported as having been spotted walking on the waters around Greenock, mate ..... well not as many times as Nessie has been in Loch Ness, up your way ..... seems reality is here to stay in Greenock as fairytales are generally confined to fiction down here ..... where they should be .... :p:

I know I have hurt you deeply my bonnie wee Nessie .... and I wouldn't blame you if you decided to end our friendship forthwith ..... and you disappear from RM into the dark murky depths of FF  ....... all I ask is the chance to remedy things and buy you a Bobby Sands Special chicken & chips supper ... along with the skoosh of your choice  ..... from any Chippy you choose ... no expense spared, up to a tenner anyway .... I know how to treat a Loch Ness Monster ..... honest ... I've danced that jig a few times in my life, believe me! ...... ♥️

Your not doing customer relations job n that good mate, the guy held out an olive branch for you and you  make him out to be a monster. I was IN the Tontine hotel at a wedding last week and Greenock has a rew strange creatures that would scare Nessie never to show I. Ts face IF  they Ventured up on a trip.

Take the guy to seventh heaven  next home game INstead of a poke of chips and a bottle of ginger, IM sure your gold regulars discount card for the place would mean IT not being a dear lunchtime treat.

10 hours ago, piperpete said:

Your not doing customer relations job n that good mate, the guy held out an olive branch for you and you  make him out to be a monster. I was IN the Tontine hotel at a wedding last week and Greenock has a rew strange creatures that would scare Nessie never to show I. Ts face IF  they Ventured up on a trip.

Take the guy to seventh heaven  next home game INstead of a poke of chips and a bottle of ginger, IM sure your gold regulars discount card for the place would mean IT not being a dear lunchtime treat.

:cup:

You are not wrong Pete .... but every town has it's fair share of not so fair maidens,

..... but like my late Dad ... an ex-seaman with a vast knowledge in matters concerning our opposites, once told me,

"Son ..... there is no such thing as an ugly woman ..... just some better looking than others ..... so fill yer boots ... and for Christ sakes never look back" ..... :lol:

He also used to advise ... "When out riding, young man ... always wear a saddle" .... with his first piece of advice taken in conjunction with his second piece ... I can honestly say he was probably the wisest person I have ever had the good fortune of knowing.

I miss him .... his wisdom and his great sense of humour .... he was a good guy.

PS :- :lol: Ha! Ha! Ha! ..... I'm far to young for lap dancing Pete .... and my pocket money wouldn't cover the annual entrance fee .... or my medical bills more like, mate .... :p:

9 hours ago, Band of Brothers said:

Is this the funds building a stand at training centre? When I put into this it was not for a fucking stand I'd rather work was done on Ibrox.

If I'm wrong apologies. 

AN absolute joke, 500k sitting in a non interest account for 5 years!!  As soon as some fucking idiots nominated it to pay for CH's legal defence against the Easdales I knew the game was up. Wonder who thought of using the funds for that and now to build something the club ( board ) should be paying for.

Just remember we all thought the RF money was locked in and could not be used/transferred/merged:anger: but look how that turned out. Be very afraid of the funds and shares in C1872.

5 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

:cup:

You are not wrong Pete .... but every town has it's fair share of not so fair maidens,

..... but like my late Dad ... an ex-seaman with a vast knowledge in matters concerning our opposites, once told me,

"Son ..... there is no such thing as an ugly woman ..... just some better looking than others ..... so fill yer boots ... and for Christ sakes never look back" ..... :lol:

He also used to advise ... "When out riding young men ... always wear a saddle" .... with his first piece of advice taken in conjunction with his second piece ... I can honestly say he was probably the wisest person I have ever had the good fortune of knowing.

I miss him .... his wisdom and his great sense of humour .... he was a good guy.

PS :- :lol: Ha! Ha! Ha! ..... I'm far to young for lap dancing Pete .... and my pocket money wouldn't cover the annual entrance fee .... or my medical bills more like, mate .... :p:

Yer Dad used to ride young men and made them wear a saddle, ffs mate thats brave of you to put out on an open fotum 

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Fans groups do not seem to work because the people behind them all seem to want differing things.

I wonder what the new Group will be called now as this one shot it load already.

This one won't be allowed to die, the same way the assembly kept going but never actually did anything. 

Will be interesting to see if the rules get changed so a current director can stand again for election instead of stepping aside. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This one won't be allowed to die, the same way the assembly kept going but never actually did anything. 

Will be interesting to see if the rules get changed so a current director can stand again for election instead of stepping aside. 

My gut feeling is they'll go with 4 Directors until the elections are required later in the year. 

Hope I'm wrong though. 

11 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

I must admit that as far as holiday destinations go .... Greenock may not be the first on most traveller's lists, compared to Inverness .... so I will not try and defend something that is clearly not comparable ..... See what I did there my Highland friend ..... I agreed with you .... without coercion ..... preferring dialogue  to confrontation .... :cheers:

The Greenock cruise liner terminal done a record trade last year mate, albeit they all get bussed away from our magnificent scenic town upon arrival.

Didn't realise you were from the town.

14 hours ago, Cyberniv said:

Look at the welcome I just got from you,  "Star Player" from Greenock,  Greenock FFS and you have the hard neck to ridicule my home town.  Greenock, jesus, that's a mindboggling lack of self awareness, right there.

Shut up.

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The Greenock cruise liner terourfinal done a record trade last year mate, albeit they all get bussed away from our magnificent scenic town upon arrival.

Didn't realise you were from the town.

The boats usually arrive At night and the folk on the boats dont get the full view IOf your surounding area as the  Hills around on both sides are stunning.

2 minutes ago, piperpete said:

The boats usually arrive At night and the folk on the boats dont get the full view IOf your surounding area as the  Hills around on both sides are stunning.

They don't mate, the generally arrive around 7am in the morning, my house looks right down to the terminal and have seen some cracking liners berthing.

It's good in the summer, i watch them arrive and turning in the morning before work then i can sit in my garden and watch them depart at night time.

Anyways, we are deviating from the subject.

Not unless we can tie CH up and ask a group of the filipinos to hide him in the hull of the ship and take him far away never to be seen again.

Then we can try rebuild what is left of c1872.

19 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

My gut feeling is they'll go with 4 Directors until the elections are required later in the year. 

Hope I'm wrong though. 

Contacted them this morning requesting an update on elections for replacement directors and also a response to the speculation surrounding the resignations.

Won't hold my breath for any significant response.