Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

1 minute ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Contacted them this morning requesting an update on elections for replacement directors and also a response to the speculation surrounding the resignations.

Won't hold my breath for any significant response.

Quite a lot of people have contacted them over the weekend. 

Given that they've lost the Directors who spent vast amounts of time working through the substantial number of emails that come in from members I'm not sure they'll have the resources to do that now. 

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Quite a lot of people have contacted them over the weekend. 

Given that they've lost the Directors who spent vast amounts of time working through the substantial number of emails that come in from members I'm not sure they'll have the resources to do that now. 

Aye theres that and the 4 remaining board members rubbing each others weiners all day.

14 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

They already tried that. Did you miss the part where Esk stated it was Whitney's baw. 

Loking at the voting stat's, he has little chance of even being voted off by the membership. They appear to be his. I do wonder if there was an upsurge of SOS members joining 72 when Whitney declared in as a candidate. That would be an interesting stat. It appears to be ran by majority board voting and D'Art is in the minority. Anything major, he has little chance.

If its a 7 person board, they only need to talk one person round to their way of thinking. I understand that might not be easy, but it would certainly be easier from doing it whilst on the board before they get replaced by more sos puppets. 

Don't think you can blame the 3 who have resigned or C1872 on this.  It was raised to CH, and he should have (ignorant bugger he is) not have attended, and been up front.

His position is now untenable, and he must go.  Hopefully the 3 folk who resigned, can get back involved if Houston is punted.  I've emailed this morning asking for a members vote like other's have.  Fingers crossed.

The most important thing that can happen now is for the constitution of the organisation to be finished. It might have protected the position of those directors who felt that there own integrity was being compromised either by certain actions or by the lack of action. A baulk standard community constitution will clearly define what serving directors can and cannot do and require serving directors to authorise a conflict of interest.

In this instance the director seeking employment with the Club would have been considered conflicted and not permitted to vote, that would then have been a 3-3 tie forcing it to go to the members.

Without a constitution that the members can rely on it is difficult to see how Club1872 can progress.

18 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

Can we (C1872 members) collectively put in a vote of "no-confidence" on Mr Houstan?

If Houston goes, either of his own accord or voted off, I'd expect his nominator William Cowie to step down.

Blair leaves after one year.

That leaves Alex Cowie who has been chasing a blazer and a place on the board for years.

Has Houston says anything on his FB about this? Don't have FB but sure the motormouth will be blaming the big bad people on RM or getting Sandy icf involved. The problem is i don't think Houston will go away and people seems to vote him in and he seems to have power that's a massive worry i pray to fuck he's ousted one day or somebody surely has a story on him.

3 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

Has Houston says anything on his FB about this? Don't have FB but sure the motormouth will be blaming the big bad people on RM or getting Sandy icf involved. The problem is i don't think Houston will go away and people seems to vote him in and he seems to have power that's a massive worry i pray to fuck he's ousted one day or somebody surely has a story on him.

Alas, he would, but damn it he has no access to his Facebook currently.

What's the chance of that too eh??

6 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

Of course people are going to vote him on, he saved Rangers.

Just now, Pearson83 said:

The following was posted last night on the SoS page:

Sons of Struth

*ATTENTION*

For the past few weeks, the Sons of Struth Facebook page has not been run by the usual admin (and page creator) Craig Houston.

He has taken a break from his social media platforms, in order to commit more time to the SoS academy and private issues. He may or may not return and doesn't have access to even his own private Facebook account.

For the short term future, I will continue to run the page on my own.

Thank you for understanding

Ben

https://www.facebook.com/SonsOfStruth

It was subsequently chopped when people starting asking questions :sarcasm:

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

My gut feeling is they'll go with 4 Directors until the elections are required later in the year. 

Hope I'm wrong though. 

Can the rule be changed about the length of directorship? 

It wouldn't surprise me if they find a way to keep some in power.