Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

I cant see anything underhand happening with EH CIC, I think IT will be an upfront business that will enhance your matchday experience with profits being ploughed back IN to expand IT. 

What do you think it is then?

I think it may have been an idea to refurbish EH and having someone run it but when it was investigated thoroughly the costs have killed it off.

If they are going to go down that road it should be managed inhouse rather than by any friends of the board type arrangement.

Just now, Young Bob said:

I think it may have been an idea to refurbish EH and having someone run it but when it was investigated thoroughly the costs have killed it off.

If they are going to go down that road it should be managed inhouse rather than by any friends of the board type arrangement.

Especially when those friends of the board have been up to their armpits in the cesspool that is club 1872

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Especially when those friends of the board have been up to their armpits in the cesspool that is club 1872

There is that.

If it ever came to it and it were the boards friends making a living from it then it wouldnt see a penny from me.

17 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

I thinhn it may have been an idea to refurbish EH and having someone run it but when it was investigated thoroughly the costs have killed it off.

Ifem which would be part of a matchday superpubtthey are going to go down that wroad it should be managed inhouse rather than by any friends of the board type arrangement.

Havent a clue mate I was just having fun. I would like to see a fans museum where fans donate all the artifacts which are kept under lock and key with each fan being acknowledged on a brass plate next to their ITems. I think IT coukd be set up within a matchday superpub run by the club as you say. IT could be set up IN a way that during the week you can go on a stadium tour ending up IN the fans museum/bar/restaurant with shop where visitorscan spend a few hours spending and meeting the odd player who are told to show face no and again. A phot booth with a replica of trophies punting out at a tenner a time.

7 hours ago, piperpete said:

I cant see anything underhand happening with EH CIC, I think IT will be an upfront business that will enhance your matchday experience with profits being ploughed back IN to expand IT. 

Robert Marshall now controls over 75% of the voting rights for EH CIC (source companies house). Yup there's your Dace King style transparency in place.  Nothing to worry about just stick your money in. 

1 hour ago, BareGrills said:

Robert Marshall now controls over 75% of the voting rights for EH CIC (source companies house). Yup there's your Dace King style transparency in place.  Nothing to worry about just stick your money in. 

I wont be putting any money IN so I need not worry. If you found out that Robert Marshall has 75% of whatever EH CIC IS from companies house then ITs very transparent by the looks of IT or am I missingsomething ? 

1 hour ago, BareGrills said:

First we dont know what it is and we dont need to contribute. With the membership of C1872 apparently in decline I think it will be very difficult to get others to join any new initiative. The original idea may well have been for the fans to finance the refurbishment of Edmiston House but we may never know. Odd name for a CIC ,if its nothing to do with the building,and having the Rangers Secretary and a local publican forming it does make you think along certain lines.

The problem with the way Club 1872 has been managed/ controlled and its governance issues is that now anyone associated with any such ventures is getting tarred with the same "friends of the Board" brush. Rangers does need good independent operators to manage aspects of its business. If we forget the politics for a moment and focus on functionality, then it is clear that Rangers FC is in the business of primarily running a Football Club. Yes hospitality is a major revenue driver for Football Clubs but it is not their core business.

The Louden Tavern as a themed Rangers Pub has offered an excellent service to many Rangers supporters over the years. The Marshalls as operators have gained huge experience and are very well connected with ex players and don't just run a pub. However I doubt the Marshalls actually own the site- therefore the  real profits that are made from the Louden Taverns operation go to the owner/s of the site- whilst the Marshalls make a reasonable living.

i can see every sense behind a move in which the Louden Tavern in whatever guise moved from its existing site into Ed Hpuse, put in a museum as well and we as supporters and the Club would get an excellent facility- but financially all that would really change is that the rent would go to the Club as an additional income stream and the Marshall's. would make a reasonable living (and there in my view is nothing wrong with that- they work hard and take the burden of the risk- which always is a significant factor in commercial deals. 

One of the unfortunate outcomes of the way King has gone about his business with the likes of CG and CH, and the complete lack of transparency and at times nastiness- is that we now have polarised views on persons associated with the Club. I really do think we are in danger of throwing the baby out with the bathwater at times. However the Marshall's have brought some of the negative focus on theirselves- when you put your head about the parapet, and especially get involvef in the politics- and if you are seen to be allying yourselves with business men such as Dave King (who lets face it does not inspire a vision of corporate integrity and decency) then don't be surprised when you start to take incoming rounds.

The damage caused by the take over of Rangers First and the creation of Club 1872 appears never ending , and only in the end will be beneficial to a few- but significantly not Rangers Football Club. I feel for those who put money into Rangers First- I came very close to it myself, but wanted to watch how it and the Rangers Fighting Fund panned out before donating. But hindsight is easy especially when one did not contribute.

10 hours ago, Young Bob said:

I was of the understanding that EH CIC was fund raising organisation who have applied to GCC for a grant with the aim to refurbish EH for the communities benefit. I see TLT guys as leading the way to get this grant, the club involvement is because they own the building. I can't see a problem with TLT leasing commercial units for their business premises after the project is finished.

2 hours ago, Young Bob said:

First we dont know what it is and we dont need to contribute. With the membership of C1872 apparently in decline I think it will be very difficult to get others to join any new initiative. The original idea may well have been for the fans to finance the refurbishment of Edmiston House but we may never know. Odd name for a CIC ,if its nothing to do with the building,and having the Rangers Secretary and a local publican forming it does make you think along certain lines.

The goalposts changed at some point but make no mistake about it the original plan was 100% to do with Edmiston House. There was an attempt to fudge things when the plans changed but I had read the original incorporation document which was very clear.

:tu:

Any development of EH must be to the significant financial benefit of the club.

Food, drink, merchandise, museum entry fee etc - the club should be the money earner, not a private business or its just the same as our catering situation.

If TLT use their experience to facilitate this then fantastic. If they use it to benefit from it at the expense of diverted profits from the club then I would class them as no different to SOS or Lionbrand. Blue pound charlatans.

Time will tell.

27 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

The whole Edmiston House CIC is shroud in secrecy. According to the submitted documentation (by the Marshalls), it was originally planned that:

264gaza.jpg

Yet according to Greg and Rab, the Declaration for the Formation of EH CIC has nothing to do with Edmiston House - yet they submitted the above documentation, stating quite clearly the above in bold. Maybe there's two Edmiston Houses? :sarcasm:

Here is the company set up to do it:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC520806/officers

So basically, EH CIC exists within companies house...but it doesn't feature Edmiston House itself - despite what is stated on the submitted paperwork (according to TLT). 

Now the CIC is signed off by James Blair  here (page 46). A RIFC board member, a previous member of RF and now on the board of C1872, all very cosy....but something happened after the formation of the CIC.

The previously asked questions which went unanswered were:

If it doesn't feature Edmiston House, then...

1)  Why call it Edmiston House CIC ?

2)  Why make reference to Edmiston house throughout the incorporation document ?

3)  Why specifically talk about the restoration of Edmiston House ?

4)  Why specifically talk about the jobs the restoration work will create ?

5)  Why specifically talk about the jobs there will be once its been restored ?

6) Why is there only one line on the "surrounding area"

This CIC was about Edmiston House despite protestations otherwise. Having managed to get the gullible to swallow the RF / RST will never merge line, they obviously thought that deflection and denial would work here as well.

People would have far more respect had they held up their hands and said 'this was the original plan, but something happened so it's been shelved' instead of treating people like mugs.

The alternate scenario is that someone lied on the formation documents.

There was a lot of squirming when this came out on here by them at the time.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

The comments section proves that the bheggars infatuation with Rangers lives on.

Sad bastards.

Agreed. The tweet was allegedly posted by CH, What would be achieved by selling fan shares, King would get another 5% of the club and Club1872 would get his cash. How would they pay back members who paid on a donations basis. They can't so would the money go into the projects pot? Who would choose the projects which need doing and will fans or Kings pocket benefit most?

40 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

The whole Edmiston House CIC is shroud in secrecy. According to the submitted documentation (by the Marshalls), it was originally planned that:

264gaza.jpg

Yet according to Greg and Rab, the Declaration for the Formation of EH CIC has nothing to do with Edmiston House - yet they submitted the above documentation, stating quite clearly the above in bold. Maybe there's two Edmiston Houses? :sarcasm:

Here is the company set up to do it:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC520806/officers

So basically, EH CIC exists within companies house...but it doesn't feature Edmiston House itself - despite what is stated on the submitted paperwork (according to TLT). 

Now the CIC is signed off by James Blair  here (page 46). A RIFC board member, a previous member of RF and now on the board of C1872, all very cosy....but something happened after the formation of the CIC.

The previously asked questions which went unanswered were:

If it doesn't feature Edmiston House, then...

1)  Why call it Edmiston House CIC ?

2)  Why make reference to Edmiston house throughout the incorporation document ?

3)  Why specifically talk about the restoration of Edmiston House ?

4)  Why specifically talk about the jobs the restoration work will create ?

5)  Why specifically talk about the jobs there will be once its been restored ?

6) Why is there only one line on the "surrounding area"

This CIC was about Edmiston House despite protestations otherwise. Having managed to get the gullible to swallow the RF / RST will never merge line, they obviously thought that deflection and denial would work here as well.

People would have far more respect had they held up their hands and said 'this was the original plan, but something happened so it's been shelved' instead of treating people like mugs.

The alternate scenario is that someone lied on the formation documents.

Thanks for posting this info, I have one question If Club1872 folded could all moneys for projects be transferred to Ed house CIC?