Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

I wouldn't think so as they're two separate entities.

@eskbankloyal would know more.

it's clearly not something that would happen but regardless Club 1872 wouldn't be able to transfer money with receiving something equal in return due to the asset lock.

I did get a response to my email:

My email:

Hi,

As a member of Club 1872 I would like to raise some concerns about the current circumstances within Club 1872, at what I believe to be a critical junction that will determine whether Club 1872 continues to be a success or whether it disappears into obscurity, and obtain some explanations as the boards plan moving forward.

Could you please advise the boards plan in relation to the following issues:

Will the Club 1872 board consider convening a members meetings so that the board can understand members' concerns around the recent resignation of 3 directors?

Are the Club 1872 board planning on holding a snap election to fulfil the void left by losing 3 Directors or at a minimum, be canvasing members opinions as to whether there should be an election?

If no elections are planned, are there plans to co-opt members to the board and if so, what skillset are you seeking to appoint to the board an d what processes will be implemented to ensure the right mix of skills are co-opted?

As a fan, who travels home and away with a local RSC, I am deeply concerned that 2/3 candidates who stood for election on the platform of representing RSC's have now resigned, can you advise how RSC's will continue to be represented?

From my understanding, 2 of the Directors contributed much of the day to day running of the organisation, doing the unglamorous administrative tasks associated with a fan group - do you believe that you have the capabilities as a board to continue this to the standard it was previously being carried out at? Further, 2 of the resigning Directors were ever present in the Club 1872 office before match days - is this something that will continue?

I note that the social media accounts have not had any activity since Friday 17th March. Can you advise why one of the organisations biggest engagement platforms has been inactive for such a long period of time and give assurances that this will not happen again? Further to this, the resignation of the 3 directors has not been communicated on the Club 1872 website or via social media, can you give assurances that this will not continue moving forward?

I look forward to your responses.

The response:

Thank you for your email.

I will answer your points as you have detailed them

We are actively trying to arrange a members meeting and hope to announce this shortly

There is aboard meeting scheduled for early April and I am going to put this on the agenda

We have recently sent an email with regards to skill sets and this may be an option if the directors can not or do not want to hold an additional election

We are in the process of arranging a meeting with Jim from the RSC

We have an admin employee and we will use them, she will then alert the remaining directors of any issues  

We have had issues getting passwords etc for the social media accounts. This is now resolved

Kind Regards

Everyone can decide for themselves if they think that is an acceptable response.

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I did get a response to my email:

My email:

Hi,

As a member of Club 1872 I would like to raise some concerns about the current circumstances within Club 1872, at what I believe to be a critical junction that will determine whether Club 1872 continues to be a success or whether it disappears into obscurity, and obtain some explanations as the boards plan moving forward.

Could you please advise the boards plan in relation to the following issues:

Will the Club 1872 board consider convening a members meetings so that the board can understand members' concerns around the recent resignation of 3 directors?

Are the Club 1872 board planning on holding a snap election to fulfil the void left by losing 3 Directors or at a minimum, be canvasing members opinions as to whether there should be an election?

If no elections are planned, are there plans to co-opt members to the board and if so, what skillset are you seeking to appoint to the board an d what processes will be implemented to ensure the right mix of skills are co-opted?

As a fan, who travels home and away with a local RSC, I am deeply concerned that 2/3 candidates who stood for election on the platform of representing RSC's have now resigned, can you advise how RSC's will continue to be represented?

From my understanding, 2 of the Directors contributed much of the day to day running of the organisation, doing the unglamorous administrative tasks associated with a fan group - do you believe that you have the capabilities as a board to continue this to the standard it was previously being carried out at? Further, 2 of the resigning Directors were ever present in the Club 1872 office before match days - is this something that will continue?

I note that the social media accounts have not had any activity since Friday 17th March. Can you advise why one of the organisations biggest engagement platforms has been inactive for such a long period of time and give assurances that this will not happen again? Further to this, the resignation of the 3 directors has not been communicated on the Club 1872 website or via social media, can you give assurances that this will not continue moving forward?

I look forward to your responses.

The response:

Thank you for your email.

I will answer your points as you have detailed them

We are actively trying to arrange a members meeting and hope to announce this shortly

There is aboard meeting scheduled for early April and I am going to put this on the agenda

We have recently sent an email with regards to skill sets and this may be an option if the directors can not or do not want to hold an additional election

We are in the process of arranging a meeting with Jim from the RSC

We have an admin employee and we will use them, she will then alert the remaining directors of any issues  

We have had issues getting passwords etc for the social media accounts. This is now resolved

Kind Regards

Everyone can decide for themselves if they think that is an acceptable response.

The aboard meeting will be interesting.

9 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

it's clearly not something that would happen but regardless Club 1872 wouldn't be able to transfer money with receiving something equal in return due to the asset lock.

How does the asset lock work if it's decided to fold Club 1872  and start again under a new group? What would be the process for the money collected for shares and projects?

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

How does the asset lock work if it's decided to fold Club 1872  and start again under a new group? What would be the process for the money collected for shares and projects?

I'm only guessing here but I would imagine that it would be distributed back to members. 

I'm not overly familiar with CIC rules though. 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

I'm only guessing here but I would imagine that it would be distributed back to members. 

I'm not overly familiar with CIC rules though. 

Thanks, I raised a point earlier asking how can they pay back to members who paid on a donations basis. If they can't could the money be transferred to the projects pot and then into a new group?

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Thanks, I raised a point earlier asking how can they pay back to members who paid on a donations basis. If they can't could the money be transferred to the projects pot and then into a new group?

Have a look at the articles on companies house for Club 1872 - that will have more info.

49 minutes ago, Smile said:

There was a lot of squirming when this came out on here by them at the time.

...followed by this attempt on FF to clear things up:

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1087415-Edmiston -House-CIC

:digging:

We had hoped to release the details of our proposals at the beginning of August, Unfortunately due to restraints on time,we are reluctantly putting the launch back to the end of this year

This is now almost April :sarcasm:

39 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Cheers, I believe your correct in saying they are separate entities. I was wondering if it could be legally done.

Yes, the monies held in the Club 1872 Shares CIC can be transferred to any other CIC with an appropriate asset lock with members' consent.

Under no circumstances will monies be returned to members, it must be dispersed in accordance with the legislation i.e. to another asset locked CIC, IPS or Charity (as nominated in the articles) or to one with a similar community objective. I'm not sure whether the secretarial work was ever done but the organisations discussed were the Rangers Charity, Erskine & the Davie Cooper Centre - god bless you Davie I can't believe it's been 22 years since you left us.

2 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Under no circumstances will monies be returned to members, it must be dispersed in accordance with the legislation i.e. to another asset locked CIC, IPS or Charity (as nominated in the articles) or to one with a similar community objective. I'm not sure whether the secretarial work was ever done but the organisations discussed were the Rangers Charity, Erskine & the Davie Cooper Centre - god bless you Davie I can't believe it's been 22 years since you left us.

I stand corrected.

53 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Bet we iton't get detailed minutes of that board meeting. 

In anyother Boardroom  had nearly 43% of IT s number walk they wouldnt wait nearly a month to neet and take stock, there should have been an emergency meeting put IN place within days even IF IT was over the net or phones. 

Every day that passes will erode INto any good will or faith their members would have IN them, this would go for any boardroom not just c1872.

19 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Under no circumstancesclubfwill monies be returned to members, it must be dispersed in accordance with the legislation i.e. to another asset locked CIC, IPS or Charity (as nominated in the articles) or to one with a similar community objective. I'm not sure whether the secretarial work was ever done but the organisations discussed were the Rangers Charity, Erskine & the Davie Cooper Centre - god bless you Davie I can't believe it's been 22 years since you left us.

This IS how most miner welfare clubs are set up by CISCO IF one of their clubs go down, the bills are paid and anything left over goes to other projects IN the same community and not INto a big pot or between the members of the scheme.