Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Seems to me reading through the posts that the Club itself could, and probably should, have done more to avoid cronyism and the risks of conflicts of interest in its appointment process for the posts which seems to have been the match that lit the already explosive blue touch paper leading to resignations.   Just unthinkingly or - worse - wilfully letting events unfold that were bound to lead to (at best) criticism and more likely a crisis of confidence feels to me to be the Club itself being significantly less than clever and be bound to lead to criticism.   But it seemed from comments on other threads over the last weeks that it was likely that something was going to happen to trigger a crisis.

The Club must be sitting looking at what has happened and what is unfolding.  What does the Club do?  Just ride out the storm and wait for replacement Directors to be appointed and move on from there?    Intervene by restarting the recruitment process to hold it on a transparently level playing field and in doing so seek to restore some confidence?   Are the resignations, and the underlying reasons for resigning, enough to end the credibility of C1872?   I don't know but C1872 looks like it is turning out to be something unworthy of Rangers' traditions.

The club should actually do nothing because C1872 is supposed to be independent.  Of course I am being flippant because C1872 is anything but independent.

Thought about stopping my direct debit, but where do we go then? We still haven't got rid of Mike Ashley and building up a fan share in the club seems a wise move for our future security. How about we use our collective disgust to change the Club 1872 Board at the first opportunity? 

7 hours ago, gogzy said:

There should be a new fans group created ( yeah i know) that is 100% independent of the club, and IS willing to hold the board to account.   Either that or the thousands of members of 1872 actually have to use their voice, remove these people from their positions, and vote in some more independent fans, with no real ties to the club board.

I expect some sort of massive share buy, possibly even from Dave king,  or a club loan (prioject)  to be given with 1872 funds at some point in the near future, before the group ends up in the gutter.

There was - it was called RF but then it was hi-jacked even after we were promised (led to believe?) it wouldn't be.

10 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

As you will be aware following the announcement from Club 1872, all 3 of us have resigned as directors. We considered it an honour and a privilege to be voted to serve on the board of Club 1872 by our fellow Rangers fans, and those of you who know each one of us personally will understand how painful it was for us to leave an organisation we firmly believed in and worked tirelessly to establish since our election.

We feel it is incumbent upon us to outline to members the reasons why we felt our positions had become untenable. As anyone who has served on a board or committee will know there will always be differences of opinion and varied interpretations on matters and the Club 1872 board was no different in that respect.

However, throughout our tenure we found the conduct of one director particularly challenging, causing all of us to make considerable personal compromises at times. However last week a situation arose, which we felt compromised the organisation rather than ourselves, and that was one compromise we were not prepared to make under any circumstances.

As many of you will be aware Rangers have recently advertised two job vacancies in respect of a Social Media Officer and a Supporters Liaison Officer. At Club 1872 we were informed recently that the latter of these two roles would be our main point of contact at the club in the future.

Word subsequently reached some of the Club 1872 board members that one of our directors had applied for the position of Supporters Liaison Officer. However, as no notification had been received from the director in question this matter remained as nothing more than a rumour.

Matters came to a head when the director in question intimated he, in addition to two Club 1872 directors who had already confirmed their attendance, would attend a meeting at Ibrox facilitated by Rangers Security personnel. This meeting was in respect of the forthcoming Old Firm fixture at which both Police Scotland and Club 1872 were invited participants.

As persons present at this meeting from Rangers were to be involved in the interview and recruitment process for the vacant Supporters Liaison role concerns were raised within the Club 1872 board. As nothing had yet been received in writing to the Club 1872 board this necessitated a phone call by one director to the director in question at which time it was established he had in fact applied for the role of Supporters Liaison Officer.

On such confirmation, the director in question was advised that it would not be appropriate for him to attend this meeting. In essence, we had a Club 1872 director who had applied for a job at Rangers, attending a meeting where persons from the club who were not only involved in the interview and recruitment process, but would also have direct line management responsibility for the post in question, were present.

Despite such advice and the concerns of fellow board members, the director in question attended the meeting.

We tendered our resignations shortly thereafter.

We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere apologies to all members, and in particular, those who voted for us. However, all 3 of us believe that by resigning in such circumstances we were reflecting the standards, values and principles which saw us elected.

Laura Fawkes
Joanne Percival
Iain Leiper

Whitney 

1 hour ago, Guido said:

Thought about stopping my direct debit, but where do we go then? We still haven't got rid of Mike Ashley and building up a fan share in the club seems a wise move for our future security. How about we use our collective disgust to change the Club 1872 Board at the first opportunity? 

Changing the club board won't nullify the fact that the Rangers board have downgraded the importance of club 1872 by demoting the point of contact to the new  SLO.

So lets get this right James Blair has no conflict of interest by being on the boards of C1872 and the Club. This is now well established.

Therefore the same should apply to Craig Houston and he should be allowed on the board of C1872 even if appointed as the clubs SLO. The fact that he will have weekly meetings with himself is a bonus you must think.

While you are thinking that it was good that those 3 board members resigned as they were thinking independently which is a trait that no member of C1872 should have.

While you are still thinking about it why not increase your DD to 18 pounds and 72 p per month.:whistle:

10 minutes ago, Coplandrear25 said:

Changing the club board won't nullify the fact that the Rangers board have downgraded the importance of club 1872 by demoting the point of contact to the new  SLO.

So we have the Rangers company secretary on the board of 72 and the point of contact for 72 is the new Rangers SLO!

I do hope the many are now smelling the shite, because you really couldn't make this shite up.

but, but all the members voted for this. But, but the majority of the members voted to give Rangers all the money. But, but.........

ThecRangers board for all intents and purposes now effectively controls this dysfunctional organisation, lock stock and two smoking barrels. But, but.........away and take yer face for a shite!

There is now a serious fault line between shareholder ownership and who controls the the undertakings of the organisation. I would suggest the are now seriously misaligned. The atypical corporate hijacking at work. Now where have I heard that before?!!!!

This entity is seriously compromised, as it was indeed in it's foundation and the extrapolation of that has now raised it's ugly face. But, but yes, away and take yer face fur a shite!

If the shareholders had any sense at all, I know where I would be going with it.

11 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Said it to the three of you privately and will say it publicly - the 3 of you have shown absolute integrity and should be proud of yourselves. 

I stand firmly behind you all.

Always had a lot of time for you Ross. Probably closer to all of this than the rest of us. How can they let this happen. 

Why does Houston and Blair have so much power? 

9 hours ago, M0NTY said:

Who is this houston chap and whats his background? How did he influence people to vote him as a director and what did he do before the role?

He lied through his teeth. Talked shit. But got people believing his lies. Made a mug of good fans. He is an arsehole.

14 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Always had a lot of time for you Ross. Probably closer to all of this than the rest of us. How can they let this happen. 

Why does Houston and Blair have so much power? 

They don't - well they didn't. It's basically Craig's organisation now & he'll do what he wants ?

The 3 have resigned as a point of principle, not because they have been marginalised or had no 'power'.

7 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

He lied through his teeth. Talked shit. But got people believing his lies. Made a mug of good fans. He is an arsehole.

Thats quite unfair on arseholes tbh. You also forgot to mention that he gets annoyed by facts and seemed incapable of using technology to the degree that he, allegedly, was unable to create an account on RM (despite claiming he wanted to).

Seems a perfect candidate for SLO (as long as that stands for Slimy Lying Orifice).

The voting system allowed candiates to be elected by minorities, ie as it turns out, those sympathetic to Whitney and co and I have no doubt that there were many SOS members among them.

Then there was the voter turn out. Must have trying to set records for a low turn out.

Then there is the founding principles of an independent fan group. But, but Blair is only on it for a year and his experience will be a great asset. Well isn't it just?! Then Whitney, leader of SOS who was instrumental in putting this board into power is allowed to stand for election. Voted on. Job done!

We then find out King is guilty of another corporate malfeasance and soon after we find 3 Directors of integrity at 72 having to resign, which only benefits THE Club.

72 make the GCC look like the last bastion of integrity.

Game, set and match.

One of the greatest stitch ups in the game. Some really do need their heed biled!

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

To Stewart Robertson  & Directors of Rangers FC.

Dear Sir/s. We the undersigned herebye give you notice that if Mr.S, Houston is not removed from all boards involving Rangers FC immediately, our purchase of season  tickets will be suspended indefinitely until said cunt is banned from Ibrox sine  die.

Ha ha ha - how ironic would that be?

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

To Stewart Robertson  & Directors of Rangers FC.

Dear Sir/s. We the undersigned herebye give you notice that if Mr.S, Houston is not removed from all boards involving Rangers FC immediately, our purchase of season  tickets will be suspended indefinitely until said cunt is banned from Ibrox sine  die.

I'm sensing deja vous!

19 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

They don't - well they didn't. It's basically Craig's organisation now & he'll do what he wants ?

The 3 have resigned as a point of principle, not because they have been marginalised or had no 'power'.

Why would you continue to pay your DD in these circumstances?

18 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

If you are in a voting minority as to the agenda of the self serving, they have no power. They are marginalised. In the minority. If they had power they wouldn't be resigning. Whitney would be gone at the behest of the majority.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm sensing deja vous!

As far as I'm concerned that cunt should never be allowed inside Ibrox, never mind being on a committee...sometimes something comes back and bites you on the arse; and it's time he got bitten severely.

1 hour ago, Coplandrear25 said:

They have rendered them impotent with Whitney now in full control. They remain important in terms of cash, which of course to all intents and purposes they will now control.

Aye, but, but the members will have to vote on that. Exactly!!

2 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

As far as I'm concerned that cunt should never be allowed inside Ibrox, never mind being on a committee...sometimes something comes back and bites you on the arse; and it's time he got bitten severely.

He is there by the grace of king and he and king will eventually go, in disgrace.

I can only ask as to WTF have we become?!