New Coach

scott_22

Hello lads , I was doing a homer today and was listening to radio Snyde. Apologies in advance .

As always topic of conversation was, The Glasgow Rangers and who will be part of Pedros team . 

John Brown was mentioned as part of Pedros team ... not for me . 

Alex Rae was also mentioned , once again not for me . I see Murty was taking part in training roles today  . Good to see as I think he deserves it  . If not Murty part as Pedros team I would like to see Neil McCann involved .

Apperenatly Pedro wants a Rangers man, is there anyone out there who you would like to see apart from the names that have been touted ?? Have  a  good one bears 

No Surrender 

Apologies in advance for making new

topic . Rubbered and can't be arsed scrolling .

My mates all think Neil McCann also , could he be another Gary Neville , talks good game , when push comes to shove has he got it ?

3 minutes ago, Kendo 83 said:

First time poster OP,I would like to see Neil Mccann also think he would be good for McKay game improve him as winger but would he leave sky?! 

If we come calling I'm sure he will .??

Can't see McCann leaving sky good job and a job at us could still be seen as a risk at moment. Am honestly not sure who we will get in? Read there was 6 names in frame. Murty has done enough i think to get his name in that list but am also pretty sure he wants to get back to U20 and building a team who some maybe make step up to first team. 

22 minutes ago, left winger said:

Possibly, but McCoist didn't improve our forwards and Weir didn't improve our defence.

22 minutes ago, left winger said:

Possibly, but McCoist didn't improve our forwards and Weir didn't improve our defence.

Fair point mate ,  some of the names we have been linked with ain't filled with me with confidence .  From names I have heard  Barry , Rae , Bomber , McCann.

McCann Defo stands out from the rest of them tbf .

Forgot about Murty , defo should get a run in the team .

time will tell

watp

8 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Need one that is a coach, not just talks a good game. Kenny Miller would be a good junior coach to learn the ropes but another Miller that had a 15 year career with Rangers and has worked as a number 2 with epl clubs  might be  worth looking at.

I agree mate , can you think

of one who ain't been mentioned / linked , or we settling for  for Rae , Ferguson , Murty ........... last straw surely John Brown ?

8 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Need one that is a coach, not just talks a good game. Kenny Miller would be a good junior coach to learn the ropes but another Miller that had a 15 year career with Rangers and has worked as a number 2 with epl clubs  might be  worth looking at.

Curve ball, interesting shout!

1 minute ago, onefootwillie said:

Struggling to think of anyone who has good successful  coaching experience and is an ex ranger. While I think Murty died very well I would rather he stayed in his original role as I think he has done well there and it is a very important role 

Is that Breaking News you have there, Murty died very well?

He has his team in place No2 Helder Baptista, fitness coach Pedro Malta and goalkeeping coach Jose Belman,

He wants to add someone to his staff that will help with the "Rangers/Scottish culture.  Whoever this is will not be his number 2, so I'm thinking it won't happen till the summer where Kenny will take the 20's full time and Murty will be the one. He was there yesterday providing that support and I think will continue to do so.

However a pseudo Scotsman who has played all his career in England and only been with us for 18months isn't exactly fitting the bill.  

So I might be talking pish (as usual)

16 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

No worries bud, do it all the time myself, I was just about to organise a minutes applause at the next home game anaw?

You better hope for some added time then. I think the 90 mins will already be booked out for the next game. :innocent:

4 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

4 hours ago, scott_22 said:

I agree mate , can you think

of one who ain't been mentioned / linked , or we settling for  for Rae , Ferguson , Murty ........... last straw surely John Brown ?

Not sure if you're taking the piss or not :whistle: but the other Miller I meant was Alex.:dance:

7 hours ago, scott_22 said:

Hello lads , I was doing a homer today and was listening to radio Snyde. Apologies in advance .

As always topic of conversation was, The Glasgow Rangers and who will be part of Pedros team . 

John Brown was mentioned as part of Pedros team ... not for me . 

Alex Rae was also mentioned , once again not for me . I see Murty was taking part in training roles today  . Good to see as I think he deserves it  . If not Murty part as Pedros team I would like to see Neil McCann involved .

Apperenatly Pedro wants a Rangers man, is there anyone out there who you would like to see apart from the names that have been touted ?? Have  a  good one bears 

No Surrender 

Apologies in advance for making new

topic . Rubbered and can't be arsed scrolling .

My mates all think Neil McCann also , could he be another Gary Neville , talks good game , when push comes to shove has he got it ?

Murty isn't a Rangers man, he's a Celtic man.

6 hours ago, dan_ger said:

McCann might even be able to string a coherent sentence together on the training pitch. 

Nice guy and great player for us but my God does he talk jibberish in the studio at times. 

You confusing Neil McCann with Chris Sutton? Easy mistake to make.

Strange post.

Really dont know about this one . Is it actually a coach he wants ? I'm not so sure , as he already has his team in place and bringing in a Scottish coach could just confuse things . I'm thinking its probably someone with knowledge of the Scottish game and could possibly act as a buffer to the differences between Scottish mentality and a more continental approach to things . I wonder too if it's a long term thing or just someone to help PC and his team while they settle in . 

I'm getting more and more weary of this "we need Rangers men" stuff. You don't have to have played for us or even be a fan of us to understand what our Club is about and what our demands are.

I used to think it was important to have the best candidate for any job and if he's a Rangers man then that's a bonus,  but I'm starting to think it's not a bonus at all because it clouds people's judgment