Rangers hitman Martyn Waghorn tells new boss Pedro Caixinha: Play me up top and I'll get you the goals

Smile

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Scoring just about half of those against the likes of East Stirling and Annan don't make you a good striker.

Also, a high proportion of those are penalties.

1 against Annan and 2 against Stranraer. 3 of them. The rest were against Premiership teams. Hardly half is it?

Although I agree a lot of them were penalties.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I said big matches ffs . You are unreal

Won us vital points last season that helped us on the way to win the Championship.

It is possible to get important results against teams other than the taigs.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fair enough, genuinely doesn't seem that high.

It's not, but it's been a bastard of a season and the majority of the squad have been pish.

He may thrive under a new manager who believes in him and plays him through the middle, he may not. Time will tell.

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

What have I said that's incorrect?

One minute you are saying he has been shite like all the other players and now your defending him by saying he has scored goals v QOS

Fucking woopee doo . Which one is it ?

Just admit . The guy is not good enough .I would think more of you instead of disagreeing the toss

This is Rangers . We need a much better goal scorer than this .

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

One minute you are saying he has been shite like all the other players and now your defending him by saying he has scored goals v QOS

Fucking woopee doo . Which one is it ?

Just admit . The guy is not good enough .I would think more of you instead of disagreeing the toss

This is Rangers . We need a much better goal scorer than this .

I said he's been poor but have also said that's largely due to the fact he had a bad injury and Warburton played him out of position.

You asked what vital goals he's scored for us and I named a couple. Just because he hasn't scored against the taigs or Aberdeen, which is probably all that you're interested in, doesn't mean he hasn't scored important goals.

Why are you getting your panties in a twist? It's OK to disagree my lad.

4 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I said he's been poor but have also said that's largely due to the fact he had a bad injury and Warburton played him out of position.

You asked what vital goals he's scored for us and I named a couple. Just because he hasn't scored against the taigs or Aberdeen, which is probably all that you're interested in, doesn't mean he hasn't scored important goals.

Why are you getting your panties in a twist? It's OK to disagree my lad.

Yeah but do you ever agree . Carry on trying hard Mr Hilts :lol:

A lot of truth in this thread. 

Thing about waghorn is he can be great or he can be shite. Total confidence player who I think had lost his belief in the MW approach. 

MW was playing him out of position every week and it did nothing for him. He works hard, looks committed to the club and never hides when things are going bad. When we were not getting the results who was in front of the camera? 

I don't think he will be good enough in the long run but he has quality and just maybe a new manager and playing in the right position will see his good games outweigh the bad ones. 

3 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

28 goals last season and 15 already this season proves he isn't a poor striker.

He's a confidence player though. Picking up a bad injury at the start of this season, after only just recovering from the one he had last season, then being used sparingly by Warburton out wide didn't do him any favours.

I think a good spell consistently through the middle and he'll do the business for us.

(Tu)

I'd keep him. He's not a clinical enough scorer to be the first choice who plays every week and nets 25 goals a season but he's more than good enough be a good supporting act to somebody who is while chipping in with 10-15 a season himself.

We need to improve our squad quality and depth if we want to win the league any time soon but I think Waghorn has enough about him to be a part of that and we have far more pressing issues to worry about before we start demanding for him to be sold.