Murty Tweet

Smile

True gent who can hold his head high, wasn't afraid to change the tactics and formation and came away with a well deserved point at the piggery.

Would like to see him staying in some capacity as part of the Pedro revolution if not going back to his old job.

1 hour ago, dande101 said:

True gent who can hold his head high, wasn't afraid to change the tactics and formation and came away with a well deserved point at the piggery.

Would like to see him staying in some capacity as part of the Pedro revolution if not going back to his old job.

Got a lot of respect for how he handled himself and the job.

Contrast Murty to how McDowell performed.

Made mistakes but actually learned from them and made changes.

Hope he stays with us in some capacity. 

21 minutes ago, NornIronBear said:

Got a lot of respect for how he handled himself and the job.

Contrast Murty to how McDowell performed.

Made mistakes but actually learned from them and made changes.

Hope he stays with us in some capacity. 

Not just performed, McDowell's attitude completely stank. 

Got a bit of an easy ride due to all the other shit going on at the time IMO. 

Must admit i found the whole 'headstand' thing a bit if a rid neck but theres no denying he made a hell of a difference in his time in charge. Deserves that little bit of recognition. Wouldn't mind him being involved in the new regime in some capacity.

I also think he had a big say in how we lined up yesterday, I'm certain Pedro would have asked how Hamilton would have set their stall out and that was probably why Hodson was left out as he knew we wouldn't have had much defending to do, and the cameras also showed Pedro in deep discussion with Graeme when deciding on the substitutions. 

I would imagine that the boss would be quite impressed by Graeme's contribution and I wouldn't be surprised to see him being offered the local assistant position, and even if he doesn't what a great learning curve and advancement in his career this has been for him and he has grabbed it with both hands, well done Graeme.

The players responded to him and his short time was a success and if he goes back to 20s then we're lucky to have him,he may have a taste for it now though and wish to stay with first team. He could have buckled after Dundee and Inverness but showed great character to survive it and get the most important results which were in the cup and a great confidence booster at the girodome. 

Lovely message and well deserved.

Think we could do a lot worse than have him as Pedro's assistant with Rangers/Scottish football knowledge. He's at the club, knows the players and he did a worthwhile job whilst in charge.

The players responded to him and I'd like to have him around. Also a nice response from him to the banner.

People wanting Murty, who has my full RESPECT, for coming in and doing a job need to look at some facts:

1. Never played professional football in Scotland
  2. Limited knowledge of the game in Scotland
  3. Limited knowledge of the club
  4. Is needed at the U20 level which due to lack of finances is critical to our future well-being.   Let him continue in that role and see over the next two seasons what talent emerges from Auchenhowie 

Really like the guy and how he has handled himself but not sure if he is right for the assistants job or if the job is right for him.  

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Just one of the reasons he should be the Local Assistant, obviously not solely on him being a decent human being, but because I genuinely believe he has the ability and skills to excel in the role aswell.

Me too, the players praised him very highly, almost like they were relieved not having to put up with warburton any more, so he must have been a genuine improvement in their eyes as well.