Is Arsene Wenger insane?

Is he mentally alright? I can not believe that he hasn't resigned or declared that he is leaving at the end of this season. He has turned Arsenal into a complete laughing stock in European football, sitting in 6th place and can't buy a win right now. Its the worst period I have ever seen from Arsenal under him.

Why won't he just leave at the end of the season or declare it now that is his intention? Why stay for another season when the atmosphere around the club is horrific. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Is he mentally alright? I can not believe that he hasn't resigned or declared that he is leaving at the end of this season. He has turned Arsenal into a complete laughing stock in European football, sitting in 6th place and can't buy a win right now. Its the worst period I have ever seen from Arsenal under him.

Why won't he just leave at the end of the season or declare it now that is his intention? Why stay for another season when the atmosphere around the club is horrific. 

£8m a year.

I was listening to Talk Sport (Talk shites show) this morning on way back to work. They had a caller on going absolutely tonto about him (Wenger). The guy slated him and the board but alluded to the fact that he will announce he is staying, apparently. 

For 8 million quid a year I'd stay until I was pushed as well to be fair.

I actually have a different view of the whole thing, I think he's doing a good job.

It might be the case he's doing exactly what the owners expect. They're not spending as much as the teams around them yet are consistently getting into the top 4. The fans might not like it but IMO he's consistently finished higher than he should when you consider how much Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Spurs are all spending. Perhaps that's all that's expected of him by the board, I don't remember them ever saying anything different.

36 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

For 8 million quid a year I'd stay until I was pushed as well to be fair.

I actually have a different view of the whole thing, I think he's doing a good job.

It might be the case he's doing exactly what the owners expect. They're not spending as much as the teams around them yet are consistently getting into the top 4. The fans might not like it but IMO he's consistently finished higher than he should when you consider how much Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Spurs are all spending. Perhaps that's all that's expected of him by the board, I don't remember them ever saying anything different.

Wit?

They spent over £100 million this summer ffs.

:lol::lol: 

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

Compare what they've spent in the last 5 years to those around them, its not even anywhere near the same amount.

Again wit?

They have spent over £30 million on individual players like Ozil, Sanchez while bringing in players like Cech.

Wenger's fucked it because there has been money to spend as they keep telling us but the ault senile fuck chooses to do the bare minimum every year.

It's no achievement getting top 4 unless you are a diddy club....then again maybe it is for Arsenal. Teams like Leicester have won the league while while Arsenal have done fuck all :lol: 

You must be the only guy on the planet who thinks he's done a good job these past few years, utterly bizarre. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Again wit?

They have spent over £30 million on individual players like Ozil, Sanchez while bringing in players like Cech.

Wenger's fucked it because there has been money to spend as they keep telling us but the ault senile fuck chooses to do the bare minimum every year.

It's no achievement getting top 4 unless you are a diddy club....then again maybe it is for Arsenal. Teams like Leicester have won the league while while Arsenal have done fuck all :lol: 

You must be the only guy on the planet who thinks he's done a good job these past few years, utterly bizarre. 

Good job may have been the wrong wording, acceptable job perhaps.

This is my point, the board may be completely fine with consistently getting into the top 4 thus getting the Champions league money and doing it by spending less than their rivals at that.

In the last 5 years they've spent the least compared to their 'rivals' but have consistently finished above them for a fair number of seasons.

Capture.PNG