Sign in to follow this  
keithgersbear

Is Arsene Wenger insane?

That's net spend, not just taking into account players coming in which is what is what is important in terms of what they are doing on the pitch.

That's the problem with Arsenal, Wenger and the board...the whole net spend pish... They treat it as a business and because they make money it's all good....bar they are now not seen as a big club more a second tier English force behind the actual top sides.

Wenger hasn't done a good job since he got them to the CL final about 10 years ago...it's been constant mediocrity with 2 FA cups shoehorned in. 

Arsenal are not even a top 4 club anymore, Spuds are now above them and ahead in almost every single department on the park. The only 2 players they have who could get into the top sides in Europe now want out which says it all.

That's what Arsenal have become now under Wenger

I hope he stays, just because every time they lose arsenal fan tv is absolutely unmissable after it. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

I hope he stays, just because every time they lose arsenal fan tv is absolutely unmissable after it. :lol:

agreed :L

Mustafi and Xhaka cost more than Kante and Luiz...

I think he's unsackable ... he must have poleroids of the board :mutley:

Made this thread a while ago and it still stands. Can't believe he is still the manager. A bigger dictator I have never saw in the football world, certainly as far as the manager goes. 

2 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

Made this thread a while ago and it still stands. Can't believe he is still the manager. A bigger dictator I have never saw in the football world, certainly as far as the manager goes. 

Incredible French arrogance

I watched a tactics video a few months back that said he introduced a 4-4-2 system that saw the wingers and strikers interchange and that's why his teams were so dominant initially.  Teams caught on to it and that's why he's struggled to be as successful since.

Been saying for years he was a dud, no one listened 

31 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Been saying for years he was a dud, no one listened 

😂😂😂😂

People in his position usually stay too long because they are their work  and if that is taken away they become (at least in their own minds) not even half the person they used to be 

Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay.

He'll be gone by the end of the season.

On 21/03/2017 at 01:39, Da Kool Blue said:

He should have left years ago, but there is no structure to that club. The board have no idea about the football side, so they just leave it all up to Wenger and don't dare pressure him. 

Regardless of results Arsenal have controlled their finances under Wenger very well and in 2015 had the best credit rating in the Premier, as well as the new stadium, which will help them remain secure. 

Contrast this with Chelsea and Man City who are dependant on single unpredictable owners and Man United who are debt ridden, and it will be interesting to see if Arsenal can regain their traditional staus as the greatest English team in the future when the money in the English game dries up.......