Alex McLeish 'says no to Rangers DOF role'

trueblueal

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1383391-alex-mcleish-says-no-to-rangers-director-of-football-role/

Headline implies he was offered it. Story appears to say he just wants to be a manager and doesn't indicate he was offered the job. Very misleading  headline but anyways. It won't be McLeish thank fuck 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Willis said:

Can't see us appointing a DOF now tbh

I think we will wait till the summer before appointing one, just hope we get the right guy in

24 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think we will wait till the summer before appointing one, just hope we get the right guy in

Hope not. Did you see Levein coming down from the stand to tell Cathro his job? It was just like Walter had to do with Ally. I can't imagine Pedro being too happy if that were to happen to him.

8 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Hope not. Did you see Levein coming down from the stand to tell Cathro his job? It was just like Walter had to do with Ally. I can't imagine Pedro being too happy if that were to happen to him.

That never happened. Levein actually sent someone else down to tell him how to do his job :lol:

Caixinha will have undoubtedly presented his philosophy / strategy for scouting during his interviews.  

The board have put their faith in Caixinha, it makes sense not to immediately undermine him and appoint a DOF. Given we've only recently appointed a Chief Executive, it would surely make sense to let Caininha settle then ask him to be part of the appointment process. 

After the Summer would be my guess. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, Corky True Legend said:

Using hearts as an example of how a Director of Football is used is stupid, that's the only time I've ever seen or heard of it happening. It's also why I don't believe we should be going for an ex manager as a DoF

1 hour ago, Corky True Legend said:

Did that happen fuck that must kill any faith the players have in him.

To refuse a job I think you might have to get one offered to you, as this did not happen there was nothing to say no to.

A non story dressed up as something it is not eg a load of nonsense from a lazy journo, we should be used to their twisted shite by now.