Chances of securing 2nd?

What's the thoughts on us finishing 2nd  this season?

league positions-

2. Aberdeen 29 53 28 58

3. Rangers   29 42 33 50

Rangers remaining league fixtures before the split-

Rangers v Motherwell

Kilmarnock v Rangers

The sheep v Rangers

Rangers v Partick

Aberdeen remaining fixtures before the split-

Dundee v The sheep

The sheep v Inverness

The sheep v Rangers

St Johnstone v the sheep

Poll.       YES

.         NO

. OF COURSE WE CAN WE'RE               RANGERS

Mines . of course we can we're Rangers

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully depends on whether PC can instil a fighting mentality into the players. There was visible improvement in both attacking movement and defensive shape against Hamilton which is good news. The main problem is that this squad of players have been found wanting when put under pressure. While the lack of clear insight and direction from MW other than "do plan A better" takes a portion of the blame, it still doesn't excuse the spineless personal performances by many of the players. We have two games against the sheep still to come, so it is a realistic target. I just won't get my hopes up until I see major improvements against a side that press us high up the pitch and give us a game that a poor Hamilton side couldn't.

Aberdeen can only throw 2nd away. Whats the significance of 2nd anyway? Being 30 points behind the taigs at the end of the season is humiliating. Our actual league position isnt relevant. Winning the SC is more of a priority for me rather than finishing ahead of Dolly.

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Just once. They've already played them 3 times.

Once is enough, we play them before they play them in the split, beat them gaps down to 5 could be less as they'll drop points, always do at this stage of the season, taigs beat them that's another 3 points dropped and we play them again at Ibrox should be another 3 points dropped.

I think we will. A run from now to the end of the season which included finishing 2nd and winning the Scottish cup would really salvage our season and give us great confidence going into next season when hopefully we've strengthened. Not that I'm being greedy. :lol:

Do-able but not in our own hands regrettably. Aberdeen are on fire too and won't drop many points. From our point of view the international break has come at the right time to break up their rhythm. All we can do is win our remaining games and hope they lose one additional one. I have a feeling we have turned a corner and can beat them home and away and take 3 points from Celtic. I have a sneaky feeling that am erratic |Hearts just might take points off them at Tynecastle. I'm not sure we can overhaul their goal difference so another point needs to come from somewhere.

37 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Put money on the scum lying down to the sheepshaggers to ensure we finish 3rd

No Chance. They have records to aim for. However, they not be able to take their foot off the gas if the title is already won. There's a part of me wants them to win it now for that reason. They'll start to drop points once it's won and we can close the gap and win second with the gap at under 21 points as well as win the Scottish Cup. This reminds me just a bit of when big Eck came in. Look what happened in his first full season.