Chances of securing 2nd?

Just now, Craiggybear said:

Ah fuck meant to say Pittodrie. it's been a long day :confused:

But with regards to Dundee, with United not in the league they'll be treating that game as a derby. Between that and the Friday night kick off I can see the sheep struggling.

No they won't, AFAIK was it not because they two were 'successful' at the time.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No they won't, AFAIK was it not because they two were 'successful' at the time.

Just an opinion of mine mate. But if last season showed us anything it's that Aberdeen are bottle merchants. If we beat them at theirs the arse will fall out that team. 

There's one scenario I'm not looking forward to. Beasts v Sheep. Hate both of them, but always want the Sheep to beat them. Will never want them to win the toss, never mind a game. A draw would be good, but it depends on where we are when they play. If Beast fc are still unbeaten, and we're still in the hunt for 2nd place, I don't know which cunts I'd want to lose most? I never, ever, want them to go a season undefeated, but at what price? 

I keep telling myself that I'd be content with 3rd, after everything that's happened this season. It depends on the SC semi final, and our home game against them. Winning one of those games would be really good, winning both would be excellent. Hopefully we do what Rangers teams have done in the past, win the cup, and finish 2nd. WATP!!!

7 hours ago, King Jela said:

Doesn't work like that, if it did we could end up going back to Parkhead for a third time. 

And we could. They would never do it with old firm games though for tv deal. 

Thru have fucked us in the past by sending us to tynecastle n tannadice 3 times in one season.

We should have Celtic, Aberdeen n hearts at home after split but we won't.

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

And we could. They would never do it with old firm games though for tv deal. 

Thru have fucked us in the past by sending us to tynecastle n tannadice 3 times in one season.

We should have Celtic, Aberdeen n hearts at home after split but we won't.

And its shit like that anybody with half a brain can see that the split is nonsense and absolutely does't work.

But here the SPL is a decade and a half later.

7 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I would not mind third....

If it means stopping their treble as we beat Hivs to gain revenge and win the Scottish cup.

I fully expect hivs fans to be caged if they make the final so they can't get near the pitch

You joking? With the SFA we'd probably be the ones caged and the Hivs fans allowed to do as the please. ??

we're 8 points behind them and can win a total of 12 before the break. beat them twice and we're 2 points behind them. it can be done. hopefully pedro gets us performing better and the sheep bottle it. they are under pressure to stay ahead of us. let's see what happens.

We need the sheep to slip up and I'm not sure that Derek McInnes will let that happen as he's got them playing well. 

Saying that I want the sheep and the bheasts to both suffer a complete collapse and for us to go and win everything that's left this season. I may have to stop taking these optimism pills.

• 2 weeks later...

Aberdeen are favourites but if we beat them and manage to get to within three points then they pressure could get to them. Seen Hearts do it and the scum twice. We'd need to see a dramatic improvement from us but I do think we will finish much stronger. Pedro's more pragmatic and flexible so should make our play fit the ability of the players more realistically. So we should make a go of it. I think it will go to the wire if we beat the sheep. That's a going to be a big game by the looks of it. Let's hope we do the business. We're due some luck and a performance from this lot.

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Highly unlikely:

Screenshot_2017-04-01_at_04.04.07.png

That goal difference :megaanguish:

If it was Aberdeen under us with the points and GD gap and they were making noises about finishing 2nd we would be laughing at them thinking deluded cunts.

Nah can't see it anymore

I did think we would have under Warburton and it's nothing against Pedro that I don't think we will anymore. There was just too much damage done between the snakes leaving and Pedro coming in. Murty done what he could but ultimately we lost two games that should have been easy wins

5 minutes ago, pcbear said:

If it was Aberdeen under us with the points and GD gap and they were making noises about finishing 2nd we would be laughing at them thinking deluded cunts.

Yes but they are Aberdeen not Rangers so they would be deluded.

Win today and improve our own GD.

Win at Killie and improve our own GD and build momentum.

Then we go to the sheep, win there and it's 5 points. Win by a good margin and they'll bottle it.

Then just keep winning a game at a time.

If we finish 2nd and win the Scottish Cup then it'll be a fantastic first season back - all things considered

If we finish 3rd and win the Scottish Cup then it's a successful season

If we finish 2nd and don't win the SC, then it's a decent season

If we finish 3rd and don't win the SC, then it's miserable as fuck and we need to brush it off and move on