Early 70s bits 'n' bobs

BlueRD

Looked out some old stuff at the weekend. Wishing that I'd kept so much more instead of giving it away or throwing it out. I've got some metal badges from the same period, will take pics and post when I find them. IMG_20170320_121634.thumb.jpg.fcb95cd8289bc4e3646a5d74c42940a5.jpgIMG_20170320_121611.thumb.jpg.37b51b17f87efc1272b22cff06facfd6.jpgIMG_20170320_120734.thumb.jpg.a1fc3d28bddb4ae24cb80e4247d71cbc.jpgIMG_20170320_120631.thumb.jpg.c7910531e31adc07b048284628ccdc01.jpgIMG_20170320_121200.thumb.jpg.b464b9c6bc4c20a15aa95c22290e5310.jpg

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Scarves will be worth a few quid, I've never seen the one on the right before with tassels all the way around, how old is that one?

That came out after Jock Wallace led us to our first title since the 60s.

Still got the Rangers my team mag along with all the home programmes v Rennes, Sporting, Torino & Bayern lying in a drawer somewhere.The scarves were fantastic back then and far better than the current offerings.

When I went to sea a long time ago my mother threw out all my Rangers stuff by mistake?? Signed team photos from the early 60's, programmes, scarves and worst of all a signed shirt from the 63 team. Arrrggghhhhh.

Lets just say when I found out she was not popular.

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

75? At Easter Road 1 each

3839633.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

Colin Stein scored the goal that won the title, yet he did not get a medal as he didn't play enough games.

There's a good chance I'm in that picture too, as we were on the middle terrace just in front of the TV gantry.

I'm the good looking young lad with the blue white and red grey white and grey scarf on.

Fortunately I've still got all my old Rangers strips, scarfs, programmes, magazines, books, ticket Stubbs, the lot etc. Most of it resides in the loft along with a treasure trove of other football strips, books, programmes from countless English clubs aswell as Scottish international stuff from the 70s and 80s. I would love to have a big spare room to display it all in.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Colin Stein scored the goal that won the title, yet he did not get a medal as he didn't play enough games.

There's a good chance I'm in that picture too, as we were on the middle terrace just in front of the TV gantry.

I'm the good looking young lad with the blue white and red grey white and grey scarf on.

I was born a month after this game in April 75

6 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Fortunately I've still got all my old Rangers strips, scarfs, programmes, magazines, books, ticket Stubbs, the lot etc. Most of it resides in the loft along with a treasure trove of other football strips, books, programmes from countless English clubs aswell as Scottish international stuff from the 70s and 80s. I would love to have a big spare room to display it all in.

:lol:

I've got one mate ... and would be only too happy to display all your valuable treasures .... I will come and pick it all up for just the cost of my petrol ..... say £25.00.

I promise I will look after it for you ...... like it was my very own ..... genuine mate ....... :p:

:UK:

42 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Yes I was there with a couple of my pals.  We went down on a bus from Rutherglen  Think it may have been King Street.    Ron Harris testimonial game.  Jardine scored the only goal.  Happy days.

10 hours ago, tannerall said:

Colin re-signed for us in March iirc.

His first game was v St Johnstone at Ibrox and resulted in a crowd of 42619 which was the highest attendance of the season to date outwith the game v Celtic in January (70638)

Still one of my favourite players alongside Davie Cooper. I have been lucky enough to have met both men and they were two gentlemen who never hid the love they had for our club.

All my memorabilia was left in the loft with old family photos when the family moved house and the next tenant chucked them in the bin.
One of the things was the bullfighting poster for the game with the team names,and we got made with our names on them in Barcelona.
Woulda loved to have all that stuff back to hand on to my grandsons. 

These were used to promote kits in the Rangers shops, a cleaning lady at Ibrox liberated it from the bin and got it signed, I bought it from her from gumtree a few years ago when she was moving home.The club crest was from the same source, the legends one is by Rochelle.The top right is 50's/60's Ibrox and trophy room, there are not so many about, 

This is an ideal opporchancity to notify you that there will be a programme and memorabilia fair in Glasgow the day after the Scottish Cup Final, The organiser is Douglas Stevenson of D-D programmes who is a bear, I will have a stall, Dougie told me two other bears Robert Marshall and Tam Smith (The badge man at Copland end on match days) will ensure there is a lot of Rangers interest, the Rangers collectors club will also have a stall.

I'll give more details in due course.