Waghorn wanted by Forest, Leeds, & Sunderland?

Rambo1872

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-striker-martyn-waghorn-linked-10068431

Rangers striker Martyn Waghorn has emerged as a summer transfer target for Nottingham Forest.

The Englishman is top of former boss Mark Warburton's wanted list, according to reports down south.

But the ex-Gers boss, who was only appointed as Forest boss a week ago, faces competition from Huddersfield and Leeds for the 27-year-old.

Waghorn was one of Warburton's first signings for Rangers in the summer of 2015 and hit 28 goals as the Light Blues romped to the Championship title.

Despite being in and out of the first XI this season Waghorn is still top scorer at Ibrox with 15 goals.

And with just a year left on his contract he has emerged as a target for the three English Championship rivals, according to the Mail.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Bog standard £5m for every Rangers first team player under 30. If they want him, they can pay for him. We ain't looking to sell and we don't need to sell. 

We are, there's about 5 players under 30 in our squad I'd keep the rest can do one for less than a mill

The next couple of months will give the whole squad the opportunity to either secure a future with us or put them in the shop window to make a move elsewhere.

Waghorn is one I'm undecided on mostly because like some others in the squad I don't  think Warbuton's style gave him a platform to show his true worth,hopefully Pedro's style will make it clear who is worth keeping or not.

5 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Thankfully Waghorn has made his feelings clear regarding Warburton.

Hopefully he's given the new contract he deserves, and quite clearly wants.

Yeah he kissed the badge after his pen on saturday a bit cliche but i think it shows that he does want to be here